E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Buzzing sound on clutch release, 1st gear, when low rpms

12-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
supermaxx123
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Buzzing sound on clutch release, 1st gear, when low rpms

Hello I just bought about 3 weeks ago an 08 335xi with 52000 miles. It drives great but I noticed something that really bothers me. I have always owned manual transmission cars and one thing I tend to do when driving is take off very slowly, not slip the clutch much at all. I've noticed with this bmw if do that, let the rpms drop a little under idle, it makes a buzzing sound. It's very easy to drive without making the sound but it's also unnatural to me, I don't like revving to about 1200 and slipping the clutch a bit or letting the clutch out really slow so that the engine never drops below idle.

I hope I described the sound very well and I can take a video if someone needs clarification on the sound.
My question is, is this bad? The buzzing is fast, doesn't sound like the speed of the engine so I don't think its engine related, internal at least. Maybe something loose? Anyone else experience this?
Appreciate 0