E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I'm sweating bullets over what almost happened a few minutes ago!..

06-02-2006, 08:00 AM   #45
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

funny, same here, I seriously considered not getting a BMW because of the reputation preceeding BMW owners.
I find myself trying to be more courteous to other motorists just to let them know that I'm not "one of them". And it is refreshingly funny sometimes, I would wave to let someone into the traffic, and they look surprised, like "is that guy high? why is he letting me in, I thought he was gonna cut me off..." Hopefully we can change the general public's perception of BMW owners one at a time
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
So, this woman was jealous of a car that was in her blind spot that she couldn't see? Perhaps she just sensed the aura of superiority and reacted out of pure hatred and contempt - swerving into the next lane trying to destroy all that is good and holy.

Your comment is extremely snobbish, and also pretty inaccurate. I drive 120 miles a day, part of which is in some very congested I-95 traffic, and I can tell you that assholes behind the wheel come in all shapes and sizes and drive every type of vehicle. There are actually certain types of cars that seem to attract asshole owners - primarily BMWs. This was actually a strong consideration for me before I purchased one. I didn't want to be "one of those assholes in a BMW".

Perhaps the reason people are giving you the finger is because you are a young driver in a BMW who is also acting like an asshole. If you drive around like you're entitled then people aren't going to like you much. Those people driving POS cars might be working their asses off to pay bills, raise kids, and find some way to better themselves. Your elitist attitude makes you assume that they are automatically jealous of you - because you feel they should be, and that somehow makes you feel superior. Why? How do you know you're a better person than they are? They might actually be looking at you and thinking "look, there goes another dipshit with a $600 car payment".
      06-02-2006, 08:00 AM   #46
JackMac
Recovering BMW Addict
Scotland
Rep
Drives: <OO (|||)(|||) OO>

Garage List
You have got to grow up. You were in her blind spot, it was not intentional.

If some woman accidentally steps in your way while you are in line at the supermarket, do you throw bottles at them too?

Last edited by JackMac; 06-02-2006 at 07:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 08:03 AM   #47
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03
so you are a police officer (just a guess)...
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineer by day, a volunteer firefighter for a long time by night until I moved to Boston (most towns are all paid ff's)... Have connections to the State Troopers here though...

In our firehouse, our Chief was a cop, SWAT officer, our 1st assistance chief was a cop, K-9, we had a few troopers, dispatch personnel, so in our FD I got to know a lot about PD, their operations, stories, etc..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.

Last edited by Josh49; 06-02-2006 at 09:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 08:07 AM   #48
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

OMFG I though I was the only one who got that mad...does my heart good. ..heffa:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 09:12 AM   #49
diesel007
Not Stock
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325I

Garage List
2006 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
So sue me.

I stand behind what I said --- "I hate people in POS cars that think they own the road. They are just completely jelous that people have cars that are better than their crap!"

Too many times have I been flicked off simply because I'm a young driver in a BMW. Jelously is the mother of their actions.
Reality check buddy, no one cares that you drive a BMW. You are not special and people are not jealous. Now grow up and loose the cocky little teenage attitude.

1/1/072/1/07
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 09:21 AM   #50
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredsaint
Women Drivers, No Survivors!!!

seen some females driving while putting their makeups on etc., i seriously wanna ask these particular type of female drivers...wtf r u thinkin? u put urself and other ppl in danger by doin that
      06-02-2006, 09:30 AM   #51
AComp
Too Beaucoup
Rep
Drives: '06 325i SG/Terra

Quote:
I probably wouldn't have thrown the gatorade bottle at her but I would have held my horn down for about 3 minutes straight. Seriously, like the entire time while I was at the light. Might have gotten out, walked over and been like WTF. But I wouldn't have thrown anything at her car or threatened to do something to her.

I hate people in POS cars that think they own the road. They are just completely jelous that people have cars that are better than their crap!
You gotta be careful out there. Many people (myself included) are armed while driving.
Laying on the horn like that can get you a ticket...or worse. You might piss off the wrong person.
Approaching my car with an attitude will get you something you might not have bargained for.

BTW, 98% of the population couldn't care less about you, or what car you drive.
      06-02-2006, 09:51 AM   #52
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

What would the OP have done if he was the one absentmindedly drifting into the next lane. Would he accept a bottle thrown at his car in retaliation? I don't think so.

It's really hard to say what you would or wouldn't do in the heat of the moment, but the bottle throwing reation was totally nutty, and could easily have spawned much worse things. I would've taken down their license plate number, if they threw the bottle at my car, and reported them to the police.

One is a mistake, the other is an act of aggression.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 10:07 AM   #53
bimmerguy288
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328Xi

Angry

This happened to me yesterday: I was driving through a green light at maybe
35mph and all the sudden an idiot from the opposite traffic made an U turn and cut right in front of me. If it wasn't for my car's great brakes, I would have T-boned the guy. It was real close. I honked but didn't bother to chase him down as he was speeding away in his old GM Lumina(?). :mad:
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 10:15 AM   #54
bimmerguy288
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328Xi

Quote:
So, this woman was jealous of a car that was in her blind spot that she couldn't see? Perhaps she just sensed the aura of superiority and reacted out of pure hatred and contempt - swerving into the next lane trying to destroy all that is good and holy.

Your comment is extremely snobbish, and also pretty inaccurate. I drive 120 miles a day, part of which is in some very congested I-95 traffic, and I can tell you that assholes behind the wheel come in all shapes and sizes and drive every type of vehicle. There are actually certain types of cars that seem to attract asshole owners - primarily BMWs. This was actually a strong consideration for me before I purchased one. I didn't want to be "one of those assholes in a BMW".

Perhaps the reason people are giving you the finger is because you are a young driver in a BMW who is also acting like an asshole. If you drive around like you're entitled then people aren't going to like you much. Those people driving POS cars might be working their asses off to pay bills, raise kids, and find some way to better themselves. Your elitist attitude makes you assume that they are automatically jealous of you - because you feel they should be, and that somehow makes you feel superior. Why? How do you know you're a better person than they are? They might actually be looking at you and thinking "look, there goes another dipshit with a $600 car payment".

Well said.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 10:44 AM   #55
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

I guess this thread is useful for all the different lessons that could be potentially learned: (1) defensive driving, (2) control of emotions, (3) if you want to be well-liked and live a long and healthy life, be friendly and kind, (4) the E90 is engineered to save your ass when you get it into trouble.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 10:49 AM   #56
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

HAHAHAHAHA sorry but thats just awesome and you did take it too far.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #57
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc
I guess this thread is useful for all the different lessons that could be potentially learned: (1) defensive driving, (2) control of emotions, (3) if you want to be well-liked and live a long and healthy life, be friendly and kind, (4) the E90 is engineered to save your ass when you get it into trouble.
damn, the doctor has spoken...
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 10:55 AM   #58
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Quote:
"I hate people in POS cars that think they own the road."
So "POS cars" are even factors to be considered regarding whether they can think that they own the road? Oh, I see, Mr. Einstein - now I guess I can buy a Ferrari Enzo and *then* I'd be entitled to "owning the road" eh?

The fact that you even mention "POS cars" thinking they can own the road makes you more pompous. But, it's nice to know that you don't hate people in NICE cars that think they own the road. Bimmer Einstein, you deserve an award for the best logical thinking I've come across in decades.
      06-02-2006, 10:58 AM   #59
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
So "POS cars" are even factors to be considered regarding whether they can think that they own the road? Oh, I see, Mr. Einstein - now I guess I can buy a Ferrari Enzo and *then* I'd be entitled to "owning the road" eh?

The fact that you even mention "POS cars" thinking they can own the road makes you more pompous. But, it's nice to know that you don't hate people in NICE cars that think they own the road. Bimmer Einstein, you deserve an award for the best logical thinking I've come across in decades.

could not have said it better myself
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #60
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

sorry to sound harsh, but this is utterly stupid
"particular type of female drivers"? why don't you ask why about particular types of male driver, Asian driver, White driver, black driver, Martian driver...etc etc, every sub-population has its own share of bad driver, not just females

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapriadi

seen some females driving while putting their makeups on etc., i seriously wanna ask these particular type of female drivers...wtf r u thinkin? u put urself and other ppl in danger by doin that
      06-02-2006, 12:17 PM   #61
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion
sorry to sound harsh, but this is utterly stupid
"particular type of female drivers"? why don't you ask why about particular types of male driver, Asian driver, White driver, black driver, Martian driver...etc etc, every sub-population has its own share of bad driver, not just females
Case in point: I was behind some stupid MAN the other day who decided he just had to comb his hair. Older guy - so he had to use BOTH HANDS to do it. So he's going super slow and weaving all over the road while combing his hair.

What never ceases to amaze me is how little importance people give to the act of driving. So many other things are more important to them - until they're in an accident, and then it's time to find someone else to blame.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 12:30 PM   #62
Pompey
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW  [0.00]
1995 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion
funny, same here, I seriously considered not getting a BMW because of the reputation preceeding BMW owners.
I find myself trying to be more courteous to other motorists just to let them know that I'm not "one of them". And it is refreshingly funny sometimes, I would wave to let someone into the traffic, and they look surprised, like "is that guy high? why is he letting me in, I thought he was gonna cut me off..." Hopefully we can change the general public's perception of BMW owners one at a time
I'm with canucklion--one at a time.

I feel *exactly* the same way regarding the BMW owner reputation, even though there are many other makes of vehicles out there that cost the same (or even more) that don't carry the same negativity. It almost discouraged me from buying a 330i too--thank goodness I got over that foolishness! We BMW owners probably have something to do with it, but the BMW owner image has also been perpetuated in the media (TV, movies, etc.). So I try to be courteous to others as well, to make up for the bad rep.
      06-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #63
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Case in point: I was behind some stupid MAN the other day who decided he just had to comb his hair. Older guy - so he had to use BOTH HANDS to do it. So he's going super slow and weaving all over the road while combing his hair.

What never ceases to amaze me is how little importance people give to the act of driving. So many other things are more important to them - until they're in an accident, and then it's time to find someone else to blame.
did you throw anything at him to snap him out of his mesmerized state (english is not my 1st language so pardon my spelling)?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 12:45 PM   #64
diesel007
Not Stock
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325I

Garage List
2006 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompey
I'm with canucklion--one at a time.

I feel *exactly* the same way regarding the BMW owner reputation, even though there are many other makes of vehicles out there that cost the same (or even more) that don't carry the same negativity. It almost discouraged me from buying a 330i too--thank goodness I got over that foolishness! We BMW owners probably have something to do with it, but the BMW owner image has also been perpetuated in the media (TV, movies, etc.). So I try to be courteous to others as well, to make up for the bad rep.
Funny thing though, 90% of BMW owners, and 100% of the people I have met personally from e90post are friggen cool as hell.

1/1/072/1/07
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 12:47 PM   #65
shuzmaker
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 325iAS

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06alpine3
WOW! So Im exiting the offramp of the highway to merge onto the city road (There is a lane designated for this) and all I have is a yield sign, and I usually come to a rolling stop, look to make sure no one from the road switches into my lane, and proceed. So I pull the same procedure a few minutes ago, and I noticed a car in the lane next to mine as Im starting to accelerate. Well out of no where, with no turn signal she starts to drift into my lane while Im accelerating out of her blind spot, I SLAM the brakes and blow the horn and i came SOO close to skidding into her rear quarter panel, within a foot probably. And the amazing thing is, after i blow the horn she casually changes back into her lane like nothing f'n happened while Im skidding and praying for my car's life that i dont hit her.

So at the next light her POS cavalier pulls up to mine, (i already had the windows down) Im glaring at her for a few seconds, wave my arms and she fucking IGNORES me, couldnt even acknowledge that she nearly hit me and give an apologetic wave or anything.

I was so angry at the moment, and felt all this rage build up upon me, I had no one else in the car to vent to, and I didnt feel like burning out or flooring it to release the anger. I grabbed my gatorade bottle and threw it at her window to relief the frustration. I stunned myself by doing that, I never did things like that in my old car when a near accident almost occured. Im kinda sorry, but i still feel she deserved it. B*tch.

Sorry, just had to vent.
I know you're venting. That's good.

Good thing you didn't have a gun.
Otherwise you'll be the second Guy on the news with the police chasing an E90.

Good thing she didn't have a gun.
Otherwise you be the first Guy on the news with the police surrounding an E90 with the yellow caution tape.

Conclusion: Be happy you're still driving an E90.

Have a nice day.

. :: 325i :: JB :: ZSP :: Step :: BLK Dakota :: Hot Seats :: Tints :: Pilot A/S :: .
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 12:50 PM   #66
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03
did you throw anything at him to snap him out of his mesmerized state (english is not my 1st language so pardon my spelling)?
No, just rolled my eyes. Thanks to him I got to wait for another complete cycle of the traffic light.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0