F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Fuel Tank Ventilation System: Malfunction Code DME-MAST ER:190F08
ARMA SPEED

03-11-2022, 10:58 AM   #1
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340 Xi

Fuel Tank Ventilation System: Malfunction Code DME-MAST ER:190F08

I have had this code now for several months. Coincidentally, or not, it is also around the time my car started to stutter a little. You can feel the pressure building, a dip and then carries on so to speak. Happens more so in lower gears. No other codes present. Car has new plugs, coils and injectors.

I have replaced the following in the past few months:

Fuel Tank Vent Value 13907643106
Tank Evap line with Sensor 13907643105

The code still comes back.

Looking for any further parts that I should be looking into that might be causing this fault?

Thanks,
      03-11-2022, 03:15 PM   #2
blacksapphire440i
Novice
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Bimmer View Post
I have had this code now for several months. Coincidentally, or not, it is also around the time my car started to stutter a little. You can feel the pressure building, a dip and then carries on so to speak. Happens more so in lower gears. No other codes present. Car has new plugs, coils and injectors.

I have replaced the following in the past few months:

Fuel Tank Vent Value 13907643106
Tank Evap line with Sensor 13907643105

The code still comes back.

Looking for any further parts that I should be looking into that might be causing this fault?

Thanks,
Unfortunately I cannot give you any information on the problem that your having but I can give you a similar experience. When I was driving home normally in comfort, a CEL came on. I felt like whenever the car was downshifting I could feel the bog/stutter that you were saying. I was actually kinda freaking out so I parked somewhere, turned off the car, and quickly loaded up bm3 to see what the problem was. I got the same code as you 190F08. I cleared the code and hoped for the best. Surprisingly the car drove normal and every so often the code would pop up but no CEL or any stutter. The car drove normally till I replaced the fuel breather vent valve and that seemingly fixed the problem. This was around last year. Fast forward till last month, I had the same code appear whenever I put more gas in the tank even though the gas nozzle clicked. After clearing it, I never have seen the problem again. Im not sure if it is due to me overfilling the tank cuz I was also trying to balance out the ethanol mix(had too much ethanol).
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2022, 04:19 PM   #3
G.Newt
Major
Rep
Drives: CT4-V Blackwing 6MT

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...61&postcount=3

When they fixed mine years ago, the work order described all the procedures to fix the issue. One of them was "check suction pump for blockage."

It's part #6 here: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=13_1780

Not saying this is your problem, but they checked several things for my 191C02 fault code.
DAW v2.5 turbo E40 | Dorch S2 | VRSF DP | MST intake | AWE catback | 335is clutch | CSF heat exchanger | RK Autowerks intake manifold | Orange M Perf Brake Kit | KW Street Comfort coilovers | GTS taillights V2
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2024, 09:28 PM   #4
AdolfoMolinaM
Registered
Rep
Drives: F25 - X3 2017

Hello everyone, this may be an old topic but I want to leave my contribution because I did not find the solution online to the fault 190F08.

After 5 months trying to solve the error, I was finally able to solve it. I changed the purge valve, changed the DMTL pump, and checked all the pipes and seals, I also tested it with a smoke leak detector and everything was functional and no leaks.

I literally tried everything and gave up. After I tried everything I could, I ended up taking my BMW X3 F25 2017 N20 to a BMW specialized workshop. What they told me was to change the purge valve (again) for an original and new one. The one I had bought was original but used.

I decided to buy the new one and try again. But after 4 days the CEL Check engine light came back on with the same fault (190F08).

This frustrated me and I decided to check EVERYTHING again. In this case I also checked other additional components and found that the plugs of the two differential pressure sensors were swapped. I realized this because the two plugs have the same connection, they are next to each other BUT one of the plugs (which is after the throttle) has a clip on the cable to attach it to a part of the engine. Since they were in alternate positions, the clip was not attached anywhere and there was no way to hold it. When I saw that, I decided to change their position and look online for a picture of these sensors. There is one that says "3.5" and the other does not say anything. The 3.5 is high pressure so it goes on the intake side before the throttle, and the other one that does not say anything is low pressure and goes after the throttle.

When I changed them according to the internet picture and the correct way of the harnesses, I proceeded to turn on the vehicle and it threw a lot of errors and turned off. Then with ISTA software I reset the ADAPTATION VALUES of the DME so that it would recalibrate the sensors, the fuel mixture and the EVAP system.

And BOOOM, problem solved.

I think this is a common issue because the sensors look the same, have the same connection and are close to each other.

This whole problem was because some workshop swapped the sensors after disassembling that area of the engine and recalibrated the DME to work that way.

I hope this helps someone who is having the same problem.

Here I attached the picture of how the sensors and plugs should be connected.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2024, 04:52 PM   #5
jharris91
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e Red

Good Work

Excellent. Thank You Very Much.
Appreciate 0