E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Brake Fluid Leak

05-08-2024, 05:46 AM   #1
N55SFH
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Brake Fluid Leak

Just refit my car with Bilstein B14s over the weekend, when I came to test drive it my brakes were spongy.
I didnt remove any of the callipers so it cant be incorrect bleeding, and I cant locate any leaks at any point between the reservoir and any of the callipers, but the reservoir is completely empty.
Unfortunately I was working on gravel so I wouldnt be able to find a puddle, but I cannot for the life of me find a leak.
I thought I'd maybe slipped up and broke something while I was messing about with the suspension, but I cant find any damage.
Are there problem areas to look for on e92's where theyre likely to fail? Struggling to think of anywhere else that I havent looked, but it must be a big leak if its emptied the whole thing.

Any help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 07:31 AM   #2
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55SFH View Post
Just refit my car with Bilstein B14s over the weekend, when I came to test drive it my brakes were spongy.
I didnt remove any of the callipers so it cant be incorrect bleeding, and I cant locate any leaks at any point between the reservoir and any of the callipers, but the reservoir is completely empty.
Unfortunately I was working on gravel so I wouldnt be able to find a puddle, but I cannot for the life of me find a leak.
I thought I'd maybe slipped up and broke something while I was messing about with the suspension, but I cant find any damage.
Are there problem areas to look for on e92's where theyre likely to fail? Struggling to think of anywhere else that I havent looked, but it must be a big leak if its emptied the whole thing.

Any help is appreciated.
This is what i found in Beltley Service manual
Name:  brakes.JPG
Views: 24
Size:  109.2 KB

Any chance you could have stressed the rubber brake lines during the install?
Did you disconnect brake booster vaccum line that goes around the air filter, for any reason?

Last edited by Wolf 335; 05-08-2024 at 07:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 08:00 AM   #3
N55SFH
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Thank you, but i was thinking more along the lines of common breaking points in the lines, as i know theres a leak, i just cant find where or why.
Appreciate 0