E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 3SIM advice

05-09-2024, 08:47 AM   #1
e90sabr
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Xdrive

Question 3SIM advice

Hey everyone, hope all is well.

I was able to snag a 3SIM from a local pick ur part while grabbing an oil pan for my friend's Z3. Wondering what I should do to follow up, I made a short list of things I think are needed but would really appreciate some feedback on what parts I should gather for the install.

The manifold came off a 330xi, and I have an '11 328xi. I wanted to try using INPA to test the probably failed DISA valves, but not sure where I can download the software. I also recall reading about a free 330i stock tune that could be mapped to the DME, but not sure where to find that file, or how to incorporate it into my car.

Thanks again!

Saad
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 01:17 PM   #2
mictang
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Search Mike's BMW Tools or Bimmergeeks for INPA software.

If DISA valves looks worn just get new ones, they are a bit of a pain to replace once installed.

For tune, it's Bimmerlabs, it is free but the author doesn't seem to offer paid services/support anymore. There are some instructions laying around, search the forums and read the FAQ on Bimmerlabs.

I remember vaguely that US 328i usually has a ready-to-flash 330i stock tune on Bimmerlabs; it's relatively simple to flash too.

Also see this post for more info: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...5#post29946985

There are paid tunes out there, I eventually got one and quite like it, but trying the free stuff first is a good way to go.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2024, 01:24 PM   #3
e90sabr
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mictang View Post
Search Mike's BMW Tools or Bimmergeeks for INPA software.

If DISA valves looks worn just get new ones, they are a bit of a pain to replace once installed.

For tune, it's Bimmerlabs, it is free but the author doesn't seem to offer paid services/support anymore. There are some instructions laying around, search the forums and read the FAQ on Bimmerlabs.

I remember vaguely that US 328i usually has a ready-to-flash 330i stock tune on Bimmerlabs; it's relatively simple to flash too.

Also see this post for more info: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...5#post29946985

There are paid tunes out there, I eventually got one and quite like it, but trying the free stuff first is a good way to go.
Thanks so much for the input man, will try to figure it out. It seems like bimmergeeks is down for good tho, they got nerfed :/
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 02:29 PM   #4
mictang
Private
Rep

Both bimmerlabs and bimmergeeks are still up, I just checked.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 03:04 PM   #5
e90sabr
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mictang View Post
Both bimmerlabs and bimmergeeks are still up, I just checked.
Really? Maybe im looking in the wrong place, when I wisit their site it says that they are no longer allowed to provide any software due to legal issues. Could you paste a link?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 07:38 PM   #6
Runnin'Rich
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009MY E91 328Xi 6MT

You may have already checked this:

Your 2011 car will have the CCV system built into the plastic valve cover so you need the later style 3SIM to match.

I think most of the 330’s out there have the early style where the CCV is external and sits under the intake runners.

Youll need to buy intake manifold gaskets and replace the plastic vent pipe that goes around the back of the engine. The vent pipe is very easy to crack on removal.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2024, 07:46 PM   #7
e90sabr
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin'Rich View Post
You may have already checked this:

Your 2011 car will have the CCV system built into the plastic valve cover so you need the later style 3SIM to match.

I think most of the 330’s out there have the early style where the CCV is external and sits under the intake runners.

Youll need to buy intake manifold gaskets and replace the plastic vent pipe that goes around the back of the engine. The vent pipe is very easy to crack on removal.
Im pretty sure theres some form of bypassing the old style CCV in the earlier 3SIMs to fit to the later model n52n motor, but I could be wrong, can anyone verify this?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 10:28 PM   #8
mictang
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90sabr View Post
Really? Maybe im looking in the wrong place, when I wisit their site it says that they are no longer allowed to provide any software due to legal issues. Could you paste a link?
Oh you mean the actual bimmergeeks standard tools download link was removed, just use other versions I guess. The bimmergeeks one really just has a more complete English translation for quick diagnostics.

Here is one I found:

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...2050516&page=2
Appreciate 0