Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > different of Alufelgen CSL and VMR CSL?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-12-2009, 12:43 AM   #45
Mrbangis
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 GrigioTelesto

very informative thread!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 12:45 AM   #46
freshwhite335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991/RR Sport AB

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotios335i View Post
I feel i have to try this type of wheel atleast once.
im sort of in the same boat. i ordered my V710s right after the Dynas came out and now im hoping i dont regret my purchase. granted i could sell my v710s but i love them both. i need more $$$ so i can be balla and change wheels all the time like u
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 02:45 AM   #47
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post
FedEx FTW. We have some diehard forum members in Madagascar - don't complain
Speaking of diehard customers, we've got a few that paid about $1000 in shipping alone for wheels only! I wonder how much it is to ship all their other parts...

-Charles@VMRWheels
      03-12-2009, 08:14 AM   #48
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
FedEx FTW. We have some diehard forum members in Madagascar - don't complain
We have such a die-hard customer that has purchased every single wheel we have manufactured in the past 3 years, all 4 of them. He when to the extreme of buying our new CSL wheels even though he has a brand new set of wheels on the way already. That says a lot about our quality. His exact words were:

"my car deserves real wheels like these ones. you guys knocked it out of the park." then he wrote again "its perfect....These wheels will really look timeless on my car and I love the oem powdercoat. these wheels have quality written all over them."

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 09:10 AM   #49
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
Quote:
Not at all. I always am suspicious / questioning of any new company that immediately claims their product to be the "best" - especially in this case, where they made this claim as the title of the thread ("Introducing the World's Best CSL!").

I have absolutely no doubts that Alufelgen's product may be superior to VMR's, as they are a higher-priced product made out of T6 Aluminum with low-pressure casting. I would just like them to let the product prove itself in the market, and let customers distinguish their product as the best.

Also, we are always suspicious of the "new" guy, because we have seen far too many "new" guys come in, take advantage of our customer base, and then disappear, leaving us with customers who are hesitant to shop online or modify their cars. Funny story, actually: For the first 6 or 8 months of Vorsteiner's explosion onto the BMW scene, we were highly (and openly) skeptical. It wasn't until customers began expressing their satisfaction with the product (and the products began proving themselves through customer testimony) that we even paid attention to Vorsteiner. Obviously, this has been one of the most important decisions we've made, but it's relevant to demonstrate the fact that I'm in no way singling out Alufelgen. I apologize if it came out that way. I am overly protective when it comes to the information disseminated to the community.

I just want to see a reputation as "the best" be earned based on the merits of the product and satisfaction of the customer - which is not possible when the product has been on the market 3 days.
+1 to jlevi
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #50
nevets1
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Jet Blac

AluFelgen-

You have a PM

'06 330i/6mt/JB-Terra/Navi/ZSP/Full M-Tech/CFspitters/CF spoiler/RogueSSK/Performance Shift Knob-Boot/19"MorrVS8's/Goodyear F1 Asym. 245-275/KoniFSD-Eibach Pro/Blacklines/BMW Perf. Intake/BMW Perf. Exhaust/Matte Black Shadowlines/Perf. St. Wheel
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2009, 05:02 PM   #51
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

I like VMR for the fact that they are really innovative in terms of coming out with wheels that fit most models from aggressive to conservatives offsets! From the V710's to V713's with variety of wheels and constantly updating there styles for all our cars which is very attractive to me!

Alufelgen's CSL rims are closes to OEM based on the little stamps on the wheel! Those are nice too!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 02:20 AM   #52
sd390r
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AluFelgen View Post
We have such a die-hard customer that has purchased every single wheel we have manufactured in the past 3 years, all 4 of them. He when to the extreme of buying our new CSL wheels even though he has a brand new set of wheels on the way already. That says a lot about our quality. His exact words were:

"my car deserves real wheels like these ones. you guys knocked it out of the park." then he wrote again "its perfect....These wheels will really look timeless on my car and I love the oem powdercoat. these wheels have quality written all over them."

lol hmmm, wheels look good but posts like these are a little weird...

and whats up with the website?

i'll wait for some other people to get these wheels on before I think about ordering
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #53
CMM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

I just got my AluFelgen CSLs installed and they look unbelievable. Paint is simply astonishing. The spokes look so much like original CSL and the concavity is insane.

I know several people with VMRs that have had way too many issues with bent wheels and thin paint chipping within months. I just saw a post of a VMR wheel cracked in 3 places. Very scary. Look at this picture from member E_90 and another member

All in all VMR has been with us for over 3 years but I`m just glad another company has come with a quality product and introduced a proper CSL to the market.

My vote goes for Alufelgen.
      03-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #54
SP335
Private
Rep
Drives: none

The finish on VMR wheels is horrible. Paint chips everywhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 08:38 PM   #55
MenTul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT ZSP ZPP 322 522

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
2007 X3  [8.00]
Any love for Miro's CSL reps?

E90 6MT ZSP ZPP 322 522 LCCZ 688 TTGO730 BLACKLINES
E83 6AT ZSP ZPP 522 508 4AS 191M LUSW A35 NUVI755T BLACKLINES
Donzi ZR
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #56
mikeokimster
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 jerez m3

Ohhh wow....
///Mods: Xpel front clip wrap, Nokya 2500k H8 halos, matte grills, IND reflectors, scoops, MS drop-in, MS track pipes, Dinan exhaust, 240E, ESS tune, BBS CHR, s04 255x35 295x30, KW Clubsports, ceramic pads
Retired: 08' E92 328i JB 6mt 212 rwhp 190 rwtq
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 03:29 AM   #57
Peter@VMRWheels
United_States
Rep

Drives: P85D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMM3 View Post
I know several people with VMRs that have had way too many issues with bent wheels and thin paint chipping within months. I just saw a post of a VMR wheel cracked in 3 places. Very scary. Look at this picture from member E_90 and another member
1. It is disappointing to see conclusions being made about a competing product when the customer's own tire shop was not able to confirm the source of the problem with the wheel/tire physically present. Even though the product was purchased several years ago our customer service team has reached out to the customer to schedule an appointment to inspect the wheel/tire/car. Since this picture was conveniently cross posted from another thread without the necessary content, feel free to click over to follow the progress.

2. I'm in disagreement on the fact that a wheel's roundness can be determined by looking at a picture such as this. Further, if a wheel is in fact distorted in the area highlighted, it would mean that every single wheel coming out of the same LP mould will suffer the same issue. As mentioned in the customer's thread, we did not have the opportunity to properly inspect the wheel but despite the fact I am happy to report that we were able to reach an amicable conclusion.

Unfortunately there are some issues that can't be resolved using a digital camera and these are two prime examples. Regardless, the treatment of customers past and present will continue to remain our top priority.

Last edited by Peter@VMRWheels; 03-24-2009 at 04:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #58
brandon @ eas
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

I have had 3 sets of VMR wheels so far, matte black csl's, gunmetal csl's and now gunmetal v710's. The finish on all of them is flawless, and looks exactly the same as the day I bought them. one set of wheels has about 30,000 miles on them, and every wheels is perfectly true, no bends or imperfections. The gunmetal finish is exactly the same color and finish as the OEM e92 M3 wheels (18") which looks to be the perfect color to me, so much so that I chose to get the V710's in gunmetal as well.

All rims have the ability to be broken or bent. I bent my $3,000 pair of Volks twice! Its all a matter of chance.

VMR has shown me nothing but respect, long before I was working for EAS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter@VMRWheels View Post
1. It is disappointing to see conclusions being made about a competing product when the customer's own tire shop was not able to confirm the source of the problem with the wheel/tire physically present. Even though the product was purchased several years ago our customer service team has reached out to the customer to schedule an appointment to inspect the wheel/tire/car. Since this picture was conveniently cross posted from another thread without the necessary content, feel free to click over to follow the progress.

2. I'm in disagreement on the fact that a wheel's roundness can be determined by looking at a picture such as this. Further, if a wheel is in fact distorted in the area highlighted, it would mean that every single wheel coming out of the same LP mould will suffer the same issue. As mentioned in the customer's thread, we did not have the opportunity to properly inspect the wheel but despite the fact I am happy to report that we were able to reach an amicable conclusion.

Unfortunately there are some issues that can't be resolved using a digital camera and these are two prime examples. Regardless, the treatment of customers past and present will continue to remain our top priority.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #59
w00kiec00kie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 328i

Just my personal experience with VMR VB3 (CSL) here...
I have had the hyperblack ones for about 4k miles, and so far the finish is fine (I have rashes that I'm not proud of, but I don't think any wheel would have withstood that)

I also had an incident 2 days after putting the wheels on, where I ran over a side curb (I was making a right turn, where the curb was level with the street, so I didn't see it clearly at night, then on the street I turned into, the curb was... not level, so my passenger side rear wheel just FELL.) The wheel showed no damage whatsoever, and I'm not sure if I'd hit a pothole that hard either... so I'd say the structural integrity is there.

However, at the tire shop, they put quite a few wheel weights to balance the wheels. This definitely shows up and is very easy to spot, and is sort of an eyesore. (especially since those weights are silver, whereas my wheels are hyperblack...) So I'm not quite sure about the overall balance of the wheel.

For the price I paid, I think it's definitely great - looks great, it's proven its structural integrity to me, paint seems fine (so far). If only the wheels were balanced better so I didn't need so many wheel weights, I would have been extremely happy, but that's really the only downside... to me.

I don't know if the AluFelgen wheels will require little to no wheel weights to mount, if it does, that would be pretty great, but I don't think I'd swap out the wheels just for that...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 02:58 PM   #60
Peter@VMRWheels
United_States
Rep

Drives: P85D

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00kiec00kie View Post
However, at the tire shop, they put quite a few wheel weights to balance the wheels. This definitely shows up and is very easy to spot, and is sort of an eyesore. (especially since those weights are silver, whereas my wheels are hyperblack...) So I'm not quite sure about the overall balance of the wheel.
Wookie, do you mind e-mailing me a picture of the wheel with the weights? I want to see what kind of weights they use. Usually, if 2 ounces are needed, we will use 4x .5 ounce weights instead of 8x .25 ounce weights. You can also reduce the weights by rotating the tire along the rim, but doing that to save 1 or 2 ounces isn't worth it for tire shops.

Sometimes the weights are to balance out TPM sensors. We are looking into making the wheel slightly "unbalanced" so that the TPM sensors require less weight to balance out. But then there are E90's that don't use tpms sensors and they will get mad
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 03:50 AM   #61
Deadkookaburra
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

I'd DEFINITELY have gotten the Alufelgen over the VB3s if they were available a year ago. The look of it resembles 101% the originals. VB3s are okay but one look at Alufelgen would blow other wannabes away.

Having said that I'm giving up my present VB3s in the next few weeks for the VS8 instead - due to the saving in weight.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 10:28 AM   #62
Psylight
Brigadier General
Mexico
Rep
Drives: Teh Space Gray E92 M 6MT

I think VMR wheels are great for the price!! Excellent Value!!
      06-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #63
CMM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

Well guys after almost 3 months of ownership of my alufelgens CSL I cannot be any happier. The paint is still perfect! Everybody asks me if these are OEM CSLs and they can't believe they are replicas.