E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Lighting / Electronics / Audio / Security > LuxAngelEyes ˃˃ LUX H8 Angel Eyes, Version 3.0

02-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #199
tracerit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 BRZ Limited 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazmonkee View Post
DO NOT ORDER IF YOU HAVE AN E90 PRE LCI.
Not trying to yell. Just trying to get the message across to everyone who's curious because you're not the first to ask haha
i also asked a few posts back as well. it should be noted in the original post.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 08:26 AM   #200
JJGriss
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Just placed my order!!!!! Psyched!!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #201
nood1es
Captain
Rep
Drives: E70

package on its way, should have it installed and pics up by tonight!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #202
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdav View Post
Hi,

with your H8 lux V3.

for good lighter, the light switch has to be on auto or 0 ?

because now, I have H8 GP Thunder bulb and when I'm on auto, the lighter is ver bad, But in 0 lighter is more better.

and How many cost for shipping to FRANCE?

thanks
Please refer to the first post on shipping costs. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mflip335 View Post
I'm excited too! Would we know whether we're going to be part of the first batch or not?
You will receive an automatic e-mail once the items have shipped. The expected shipping date is still 3/1/11, but we were able to get some orders out ahead of schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
would these work with my 2006 with Xenons? It seems like the LUX 5.0 thread from Nanomotors has been removed.
There will be a new thread later this month about the LUX E90 5.1 which we will be selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chez83red View Post
before ordering it didn't touch base on, e90 pre LCI I have a e90 330i ? Would it work? And or possible flickering.. Thxs!
Yes as other said, if you have a pre-lci E90 sedan then LUX H8 will NOT work on your car, you will need to wait till the LUX e90 5.1's are available.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #203
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
OK, received my Lux today @ 10AM

So I guess I get the honor of the 1st post after install...

> 1st connected both LED's and left them outside the housing to view - on my 09' 328ix E92, there was absolutely NO flickering upon startup due to bulb check in either 'Auto' or 'On' setting of light switch.

> I did notice a very slight dimming (with car off) as I viewed the Lux from outside the housings when the lights were turned on - no dimming when car was running or once the AE's were installed that I could tell.

> Also, the AE's come on immediately as welcome lights upon car unlock from fob with NO flickering.

I had installed the old version Lux before so I was familiar, but I marked the body to denote where TDC tab was anyway according to install instructions - PS install went right in no problems. For some reason, I could not get the DS to align for the life of me. Finally I got disgusted, took a break, smoked a cigar and had some scotch - then got back to it - within about 1.5 mins I had the DS installed.

So Marc, step missing in instructions is the addition of break for cigar/scotch

Here's how they looked right outta the box

LUX ON - no headlights (notice how even the illumination is in 2nd pic)

LUX ON - headlights ON

Quality of pics is not what it could have been, battery was dying so I had to hurry. Obviously it's a very overcast day & raining - at least it ain't snowing

So basically, the v3 is everything you have come to love about LUX + the added benefit of power supplies inside the housing.

Great job Marc
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 02-28-2011 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #204
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
great product marc

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #205
E92BSM10
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: E92 320D M-Sport Highline

They look blue in the pics what colour are they when you look at them in person
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #206
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92K.C10 View Post
They look blue in the pics what colour are they when you look at them in person
They're white

One thing I never claimed to be - was a photographer
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #207
Shazmonkee
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Garage List
Mine is probably at home waiting for me. Will post pics when i get the install done
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #208
Focus
Captain
Rep
Drives: N/A

I'm trying to install right now .. it's being a PITA for me ..

I'm installing from the top, i have small hands, but as much as i twist i can NOT get this damn thing in.. i'm currently taking a break.. drinking some V8 splash, and posting here.. i'll go back @ it in a minute.. lol

You said you marked something, what did you mark?

Also, i recieved no instructions -_- ...
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 03:37 PM   #209
Tronner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Install instructions are on this page http://www.luxangeleyes.com/products

It says to mark the base so you know what's "top" for the T shaped slot in the housing.

I don't remember ever seeing a confirmation email come through, but mine showed up today. Woohoo!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #210
Focus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post

+1 .. I just went back outside after eating some fruit, and in 2 minutes they're in LOL

DEFINETLY mark the top of the bulb, install is a breeze after that
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 04:07 PM   #211
InsanePineapple
Shenanigans
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Signature

Mine is sitting at the office right now. Won't be able to get to install it until Wednesday unfortunately.

Which direction is top? Is this top?

|
/ \
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #212
Focus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfinx View Post
Mine is sitting at the office right now. Won't be able to get to install it until Wednesday unfortunately.

Which direction is top? Is this top?

|
/ \
varies per side, peak into the light housing when you remove the old bulbs, you should be able to see the bottom 2 tabs and line up accordingly
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 08:12 PM   #213
01stang
Rep
Drives: E92

mine's sitting right in front of me i wont be able to get them suckers in till Sat.. in the mean time im just going to wait till i see pics from the rest of the people who got the first batch...

Mods: Black out kidney grill, 6000k d1s, 6500k foglight, mtech angel eyes and cornering light, m6 reps, m3 tri color steering wheel, somewhat matching shift boot and brake boot, led lisence plate, led interior, led rear signal, led side marker, aero front lip, cf emblem overlay
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 08:17 PM   #214
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

alright, took me about 15 minutes to install..not sure about the 'T" trick on the website, after trying to orient myself to the "T" shape I decided to simply line up the tabs the same way my gp thunder bulbs came out and it worked like a charm, also backed the light bulb in: with the bulbs facing you, insert the base into the headlight housing first, the once the whole thing is in the headlight housing, bring it forward into the headlight/ae opening (kind of like how alex@alpine suggests to install his HID kit in his DIY video). I also used a small flat head screw driver along vertical grooves of the base to help tighten the bulbs in.

onto the "brightness". I now understand what all the fuss is about lux 8 ae's. Bright and pretty evenly distributed. I installed these at dusk so have not seen how they look in pure daylight, but so far I'm happy with how these look. Not washed out like HID's and far better than my gp thunder bulbs..

thanx Marc, great product

sorry, no pics...as I've said before, pics never capture how aftermarket ae's look...if anyone is in the sfv (818) and wants to see these, let me know and we can try and meet up.

Last edited by geneatals; 02-28-2011 at 11:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #215
rogerdiaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

What does "washed out like HID's" mean, I am leaning towards the HID AEs...

Buyers please post more pics! thanks of the lux v3 e90 lci

Last edited by rogerdiaz; 02-28-2011 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #216
InsanePineapple
Shenanigans
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdiaz View Post
That it's so bright that the glare makes the circle a little bit blurry.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 09:47 PM   #217
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdiaz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by morfinx View Post
That it's so bright that the glare makes the circle a little bit blurry.
^this, the middle ring with HID kits washes out the xenon lights @ night IMO...too bright
      02-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #218
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post

So I guess I get the honor of the 1st post after install...

> 1st connected both LED's and left them outside the housing to view - on my 09' 328ix E92, there was absolutely NO flickering upon startup due to bulb check in either 'Auto' or 'On' setting of light switch.

> I did notice a very slight dimming (with car off) as I viewed the Lux from outside the housings when the lights were turned on - no dimming when car was running or once the AE's were installed that I could tell.

> Also, the AE's come on immediately as welcome lights upon car unlock from fob with NO flickering.

I had installed the old version Lux before so I was familiar, but I marked the body to denote where TDC tab was anyway according to install instructions - PS install went right in no problems. For some reason, I could not get the DS to align for the life of me. Finally I got disgusted, took a break, smoked a cigar and had some scotch - then got back to it - within about 1.5 mins I had the DS installed.

Here's how they looked right outta the box

Quality of pics is not what it could have been, battery was dying so I had to hurry. Obviously it's a very overcast day & raining - at least it ain't snowing

So basically, the v3 is everything you have come to love about LUX + the added benefit of power supplies inside the housing.

Great job Marc

Thank you for the great review. We know that installing them is the biggest PITA, thats why marking the units is the easiest thing to do. I'm glad your happy with them and i cant wait to see more pictures like this

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 10:25 PM   #219
Snow King
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93 335i Convertible

I received mine this afternoon and I soon figured out that these are difficult to install if you don't have small hands. I started at 5pm and I finally figured it all out by around 7pm (after some blood sweat and tears). No joke trying to cram my hand into the E93 headlight housing I got all scratched up and even drew some blood.

Tip: just trying to screw on the lights with your fingertips isn't gonna cut it, you gotta get all up in there, put some pressure on the bulb and turn with a good grip. It looks me 1.5hrs to get the first one and after that was able to do the other one in 1/2 hour.

For you E92/E93 people out there, the first few posts on this thread has some good pictures to locate the headlight housing if you aren't familiar under the hood:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...light=shinchan

After it's all said and done, I'm happy with the purchase and the results looks good. No issues after a test drive, no error codes or flickering issues. Lets just hope they last a lifetime, I do not want to change bulbs again if I can help it.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #220
InsanePineapple
Shenanigans
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchaniar View Post
I received mine this afternoon and I soon figured out that these are difficult to install if you don't have small hands. I started at 5pm and I finally figured it all out by around 7pm (after some blood sweat and tears). No joke trying to cram my hand into the E93 headlight housing I got all scratched up and even drew some blood.

Tip: just trying to screw on the lights with your fingertips isn't gonna cut it, you gotta get all up in there, put some pressure on the bulb and turn with a good grip. It looks me 1.5hrs to get the first one and after that was able to do the other one in 1/2 hour.

For you E92/E93 people out there, the first few posts on this thread has some good pictures to locate the headlight housing if you aren't familiar under the hood:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...light=shinchan

After it's all said and done, I'm happy with the purchase and the results looks good. No issues after a test drive, no error codes or flickering issues. Lets just hope they last a lifetime, I do not want to change bulbs again if I can help it.
Geez... 2 hours sounds extreme. I hope my install doesn't take that long!
Appreciate 0