F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Studio RSR

06-13-2020, 03:29 PM   #2421
ap92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Very blessed for this extensive thread right before purchasing but was wondering if anyone installed this carplay module with a backup camera as well? I wasn't able to find an install video with both the carplay module and camera together. I was also wondering if I should go with the camera currently in the cart or if the quality is noticeable with a higher quality camera such as this?:
https://www.amazon.com/Reversing-Cam...tronics&sr=1-1

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 03:43 PM   #2422
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap92 View Post
Very blessed for this extensive thread right before purchasing but was wondering if anyone installed this carplay module with a backup camera as well? I wasn't able to find an install video with both the carplay module and camera together. I was also wondering if I should go with the camera currently in the cart or if the quality is noticeable with a higher quality camera such as this?:
https://www.amazon.com/Reversing-Cam...tronics&sr=1-1

Thanks!
I have the one you have in your cart.

It works and looks fine, but then I don't ever look at it when parking so for me I just added it as it was an option my car was missing.

The handle itself (seems to be the same with any that you buy) is not made correctly though, so you have to use alot more force to open the boot than you do with the original bmw handle.
Appreciate 1
ap921.50
      06-13-2020, 05:08 PM   #2423
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post

It works and looks fine, but then I don't ever look at it when parking so for me I just added it as it was an option my car was missing.

The handle itself (seems to be the same with any that you buy) is not made correctly though, so you have to use alot more force to open the boot than you do with the original bmw handle.
I've had two different cams (not andream) and it's the same

They're probably all manufactured by the same company unless you buy am expensive one, although probably end up being the same too
Appreciate 1
cossie1624.50
      06-13-2020, 05:19 PM   #2424
ap92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17 View Post
I've had two different cams (not andream) and it's the same

They're probably all manufactured by the same company unless you buy am expensive one, although probably end up being the same too
Thanks guys, just purchased!
Appreciate 1
FransL3.00
      06-13-2020, 05:26 PM   #2425
phil5556
Private
Rep
Drives: 330D Touring E91 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBMW View Post
2016 x3 Andream CarPlay Mimi install. Found the lvds cable routed behind dash. Can’t route to Mimi box location. Can the oem and Andream cables be interchanged?
Your cable will be different to mine as mine is CIC so only the 4 pin plug but I just joined the original cable and the new cable together to act as an extension cable, works fine. I assume you could do the same?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 04:15 AM   #2426
Matusov
Matusov
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G07

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matusov View Post
I just read that entire google thread. Great read! It echos that all the same similarities that have been mentioned in this forum. It's a bit ridiculous that Google can't get their act together with AA. For such a great software company they really need to recode the resolution/scaling issues and take control of it instead of pawning it off to OEM's. AA needs to just work!
I used to be 100% in the Google Android camp. From the og Moto Droid, and the root community in it's heyday, until last year. But Google has a maddening way of only half committing to things or expecting their hardware partners to shoulder the load.

I dont love everything about apple (in fact I can't believe they do certain things a certain way) but at least they offer a unified experience across all of their devices which limits a lot of crap
I couldn't agree more. I was in the same boat with you starting with Nexus One and CyanogenMod days... But google def has been half assing it for a while now and Android Auto also Android TV are prime examples.
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2020, 09:31 AM   #2427
DaveBMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil5556 View Post
Your cable will be different to mine as mine is CIC so only the 4 pin plug but I just joined the original cable and the new cable together to act as an extension cable, works fine. I assume you could do the same?
The original cable is routed from the screen into the dash behind the steering wheel And comes out from behind the glove box into the HK unit. When I unplug it from the screen there isn’t enough length to route that end down to the Mimi box, and I can’t pull the cable out as it is tied in behind the dash. So my only option was to keep the original cable In the screen and plug it to the Mimi out and use the Andream cable to go from the HK to the Mimi in. But I get the feeling the cables are not interchangeable in this way. If not, I’ll either not install the Mimi or may try to find an oem cable to use in place of the original one which I then would just leave in place unplugged. Not sure if anyone else had there cable routed this way, as all I’ve seen On all makes and models are easily accessible cables, but it came as a surprise.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 09:42 AM   #2428
x5m254
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 F85 X5M Long Beach Blue

Quote:
Quote:
The original cable is routed from the screen into the dash behind the steering wheel And comes out from behind the glove box into the HK unit. When I unplug it from the screen there isn’t enough length to route that end down to the Mimi box, and I can’t pull the cable out as it is tied in behind the dash. So my only option was to keep the original cable In the screen and plug it to the Mimi out and use the Andream cable to go from the HK to the Mimi in. But I get the feeling the cables are not interchangeable in this way. If not, I’ll either not install the Mimi or may try to find an oem cable to use in place of the original one which I then would just leave in place unplugged. Not sure if anyone else had there cable routed this way, as all I’ve seen On all makes and models are easily accessible cables, but it came as a surprise.
Quote:
Quote:

Don't worry mate I had same issue.. Mjust unwrap the sticky tape on the cables and it will work.

As with all customers I advise them 90% of this is cable management to aid you in install.

It's got to a point now where I never remove anything except the headunit to fit it. No glovebox messing about etc
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 02:20 PM   #2429
Mollyran
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 220i

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
I am not sure if the S9 officially supports wireless AA, so that may be the problem.

As for the call notifications, you can either retrofit an iDrive controller that moves both side to side and up and down or downgrade the Carlinkit system sw to v9.1.9. That sw version has a setting to change the side to side iDrive controller toggle to up/down which will allow you to move the cursor up when a call comes in and answer the call via the notification.
Update: holding the iDrive controller right or left for about 2sec can move the cursor with my basic iDrive. It's little annoying since it's very slow but a workaround until i'll receive the upgraded iDrive controller.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 02:51 PM   #2430
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollyran View Post
Update: holding the iDrive controller right or left for about 2sec can move the cursor with my basic iDrive. It's little annoying since it's very slow but a workaround until i'll receive the upgraded iDrive controller.
I wasn't aware of that. Good to know for anyone else with the basic iDrive controller.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 03:02 PM   #2431
vennids
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 5

Finally got my unit working, didn't have to use the iDrive controller cable or the aux one

SDK: 25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
CUST: v2.1.0.3.gpe,c
MCU: 20.4.16.19
HW: BMW_CIC

Just need to find the right settings to remove the echo during calls.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 05:38 PM   #2432
Thormus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Bmw 328d x-drive m sport

What's the newest version for andream mmi? Also where can I download it?

I'm on 20.4.2.14. Also my Siri button doesn't work. Only volume on the steering wheel

Nvm all on page 1heh
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 06:09 PM   #2433
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thormus View Post

I'm on 20.4.2.14. Also my Siri button doesn't work. Only volume on the steering wheel
did you disable idrive bt?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 06:19 PM   #2434
Thormus
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thormus View Post

did you disable idrive bt?
Yes I did. I forgot it on the phone and the I drive
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 06:19 PM   #2435
phil5556
Private
Rep

Hold down the iDrive controller for a couple of seconds to activate Siri.

I can’t use the steering wheel voice button because it activates Siri and the iDrive voice. I’d like to know if there’s a way to disable voice in iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 07:47 PM   #2436
Thormus
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hold down the iDrive controller for a couple of seconds to activate Siri.

I can’t use the steering wheel voice button because it activates Siri and the iDrive voice. I’d like to know if there’s a way to disable voice in iDrive.
I fixed all of it. Updated to latest firmware and the 8bit selector was up. Needed to be down. Steering wheel wheel and voice all work now.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 03:59 AM   #2437
xDHC
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

Latest status from andream regarding DPI issues:

"Friend, the upgrade file is not available. We have urged them to test already. Please wait patiently, thanks a lot"

Im pretty sure there multiple andream companies that dont talk to eachother and we are just running around in circles.....soon 6 months since i have told them about dpi issues. This will not get fixed by them. I think we have a bigger chance fixing it ourselves if we hire a programmer to change the settings in the update file.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 09:08 AM   #2438
darylrese
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D LCI M Sport

Anyone had an issue where the brightness keeps fading up and down on the andream unit? Thought it was my eyes at first but it’s definitely fading up and down. Think its idrive behaviour - some kind of auto brightness?

Last edited by darylrese; 06-15-2020 at 10:17 AM..
Appreciate 1
Diirek107.50
      06-15-2020, 09:33 AM   #2439
dws199
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDHC View Post
Latest status from andream regarding DPI issues:

"Friend, the upgrade file is not available. We have urged them to test already. Please wait patiently, thanks a lot"

Im pretty sure there multiple andream companies that dont talk to eachother and we are just running around in circles.....soon 6 months since i have told them about dpi issues. This will not get fixed by them. I think we have a bigger chance fixing it ourselves if we hire a programmer to change the settings in the update file.
I'd be happy to contribute towards that, maybe someone from XDA can help?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 11:23 AM   #2440
phil5556
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylrese View Post
Anyone had an issue where the brightness keeps fading up and down on the andream unit? Thought it was my eyes at first but it’s definitely fading up and down. Think its idrive behaviour - some kind of auto brightness?
How frequently? Mine changes when the auto headlights come on / off. It also auto switches maps to dark mode. Works well. No issue with it doing it when it shouldn’t though. You can test it by turning your side lights on and off.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 03:15 PM   #2441
Diirek
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, G05 X5 xDrive50i

Guys - I've provided a link to the newest Bimmertech Beta Software and MCU that includes full screen, high-res AA. I doubt it will work on other units but I know many of you are willing to take a stab at it. Good luck.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1730502
Appreciate 7
x-m4n148.00
cossie1624.50
jasp900.00
muniz_ri447.50
Unspec1311.50
Matusov13.50
      06-15-2020, 05:46 PM   #2442
jasp90
Rep
Drives: F30

Hello guys, and it is possible to go back to the Andream unit to install other bimecteck versions, I have the latest version installed.

Last edited by jasp90; 06-15-2020 at 08:19 PM..
Appreciate 0