BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

12-15-2008, 11:00 PM   #287
415Banker
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 99 LSB WB 540 Touring VF S/C'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACZakka325i View Post
Closing this thread only serves the sponsors purposes and not the community in which this web site serves. It would be unjustified censorship. I applaud the mods for keeping my thread open.
At the same time too...the vendors as a whole help in keeping the forum running. There has to be an equilibrium in keeping everyone at bay...I think the bottom line here is about respect. As a vendor, we're given guidelines to make sure our posts stick to being professional to the T...No attacks on other vendors or community members are allowed. At the same time, the community members may freely speak their voices to a certain level...but to ask if someone has repped a copyrighted product is like asking someone to break the law. With that in mind, I don't think that's very respectful at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2008, 02:23 PM   #288
Griz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Jo,

Just as with any of the other vendors/sponsors, thank you. Your support helps to make this site what it is.

Here's where I take issue though. Any one of you could have simply been a contributing member on this forum - just another enthusiast. By paying for vendor status, you have purchased advertising space, an additional tool to promote your product(s).

And there’s where it should stop, but I get the sense that some vendors feel they are entitled to censorship.

On Vorsteiner... I don’t doubt the quality or their product; I don’t question that a replica lip would be a challenge to their livelihood; and I am not questioning people’s justification for how they want to spend their money. I’ve only questioned how much the price tag matches the cost of production.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2008, 03:25 PM   #289
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz View Post
On Vorsteiner... I don’t doubt the quality or their product; I don’t question that a replica lip would be a challenge to their livelihood; and I am not questioning people’s justification for how they want to spend their money. I’ve only questioned how much the price tag matches the cost of production.
Why should they have to share that info with any of us? The only important thing is if consumers are willing to pay the price for the product. And although many of you complain and refuse, clearly enough customers are purchasing their products or they would've been out of business a long time ago. If you feel the product is overpriced you have the choice to not purchase it. If enough consumers feel the product is overpriced then the company will either have to lower the price or change the product in order to meet the new demand. When the supply equals the demand then the price is appropriate, and you can be sure Vorsteiner is keeping a close look at that.
      12-16-2008, 03:57 PM   #290
Griz
Captain
Rep

J08M3,

Thank you for the Economics 101 lesson.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #291
Richie18
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz View Post
J08M3,

Thank you for the Economics 101 lesson.
It seems people think its their right to lower priced products just because XX company makes XX dollars on those products.

It is obvious that mods for a M3 are much more than mods for a Evo. It's because these companies know M3 owners are willing to pay more for a product, plain and simple. If the price doesn't seem fair, don't pay it.

With only 10,000 potential E92 BMW M3 owners per year, and only a small percentage of them modders, there isn't a lot of product to be produced at a lower price that everyone on here wants.

So maybe an Econ 101 lecture was needed.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2008, 06:50 PM   #292
Griz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie18 View Post
It seems people think its their right to lower priced products just because XX company makes XX dollars on those products.

It is obvious that mods for a M3 are much more than mods for a Evo. It's because these companies know M3 owners are willing to pay more for a product, plain and simple. If the price doesn't seem fair, don't pay it.

With only 10,000 potential E92 BMW M3 owners per year, and only a small percentage of them modders, there isn't a lot of product to be produced at a lower price that everyone on here wants.

So maybe an Econ 101 lecture was needed.
Alright, I had it and I still get it, move on.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2008, 06:54 PM   #293
09E92M34ME
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Took me a hour to get to the end! What a thread
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2008, 08:19 PM   #294
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09E92M34ME View Post
Took me a hour to get to the end! What a thread
Good times
      12-16-2008, 11:15 PM   #295
E92M3Guy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black E92 M3

Replica parts of vorsteiner is bound to happen sooner or later.

Just look at the amount of replica parts out there.
Velocity Motoring V710 = HRE Knockoff
Linea Corsa wheels=bbs knockoffs
miro=m6 knock off

Vorsteiner E46 CSL Trunk = oem knock off of the e46 oem csl trunk
vorsteiner porsche 997 front bumper= ruf front bumper knock off (instead of having two slants, they combined it into one)
vorsteiner turbo=techart front bumper knock off

no one here is not guilty of taking someone's idea and making it there own....replica or not, it all comes down to what the customer wants and that is what the retailer should provide to make money.

Last edited by E92M3Guy; 12-16-2008 at 11:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 08:56 PM   #296
///M PWR 00
Captain
Rep
Drives: Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92M3Guy View Post
Replica parts of vorsteiner is bound to happen sooner or later.

Just look at the amount of replica parts out there.
Velocity Motoring V710 = HRE Knockoff
Linea Corsa wheels=bbs knockoffs
miro=m6 knock off

Vorsteiner E46 CSL Trunk = oem knock off of the e46 oem csl trunk
vorsteiner porsche 997 front bumper= ruf front bumper knock off (instead of having two slants, they combined it into one)
vorsteiner turbo=techart front bumper knock off

no one here is not guilty of taking someone's idea and making it there own....replica or not, it all comes down to what the customer wants and that is what the retailer should provide to make money.

Amen.

Vorsteiner made a name for themselves with the E46, they started making CSL knockoff parts, yes, REPLICA parts. I had the CSL style trunk, front bumper and rear diffuser. The trunk felt like complete shit, more like cardboard then anything. The front bumper fit terribly. The diffuser was fine. I ended up selling everything and going back to stock because it seriously felt like a downgrade.

Id bet money that the quality of the parts and fitment has gotten better, but I wouldnt buy anything aftermarket especially big parts like trunks or bumpers, without seeing them in person first.
      12-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #297
///M PWR 00
Captain
Rep

And for the record, I had everything prepped painted and installed by a top notch body shop. After days of adjusting this is the best we can make the front bumper look, which was complete BS. The trunk fit terrible also, but the thing that bothered me most was the way it felt, literally like cardboard, somthing you wouldnt pay 100$ for. I ended up going to another body shop to have everything refitted hoping they could make it look better, and they couldnt. Thats when I decided to ditch the parts and go back to stock.

I'll try to dig up some pictures of the CSL trunk
Attached Images

12-17-2008, 09:06 PM   #298
///M PWR 00
Captain
Rep

Oh and for the record, I am not at all bashing Vorsteiner. I know the crap parts I was sold were the first batch and vorsteiner was the only company offering CSL stuff at the time. Like I said, Im sure the quality and fitment of parts has gone up since 2005/2006.
      01-04-2009, 11:07 AM   #299
rzm3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post
Yep, they manufacture them all in house in Southern California. I have been there personally on a number of occasions

The only parts that are not made in house are the PUR parts, the forged wheels, (each made at separate facility in socal) and the exhaust.

Don't believe me? Schedule an appointment to drop by, you can hear the machines whizzing and whurring from the lobby.
JL
I think the best way of settling the question of where V's CF products are made would be to take pictures of their manufacturing facility. However, for whatever reason, no such photos have ever been published to the best of my knowledge -- there have only been claims by people saying they have seen the inside of V's facility in CA.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #300
moog55
Major
United_States
Rep

wow. how did i miss this thread?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 04:14 PM   #301
Green-Eggs
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

The products are made in Southern California
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 05:00 PM   #302
pepper
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost View Post
I recently purchased their carbon dash pieces and enclosed was a invoice from MAcarbon to vorsteiner so i'm thinking they didnt make these.
I've never seen vorsteiner parts, but MAcarbon is one of the best carbon companies out there.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #303
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
I think the best way of settling the question of where V's CF products are made would be to take pictures of their manufacturing facility. However, for whatever reason, no such photos have ever been published to the best of my knowledge -- there have only been claims by people saying they have seen the inside of V's facility in CA.
I'm pretty sure that they are made somewhere in the far east. I remember when Vorsteiner first came out they claimed the parts were made in Germany and the truth came out on m3forum. For a little while Vorsteiner was banned from m3forum and people avoided their products. I had a V-CSL bootlid on my e46 (not first generation thankfully) and it fit very well. I think it is ridiculous how a company such as Vorsteiner, which made a name for itself by making REPLICA parts of OEM BMW CSL parts (which were priced much cheaper than the OEM parts), calls out other companies that are making replicas or one-off pieces of their parts. That is being total hypocritical imho. Would I buy Vorsteiner: yes. But I would rather save the money and buy a good fitting replica because Vorsteiner prices are now close to what OEM prices would be for such a part.
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #304
Green-Eggs
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
I've never seen vorsteiner parts, but MAcarbon is one of the best carbon companies out there.
MAcarbon is very good
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #305
alex310
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335I Coupe/M3 Sedan

I am also a long time member on m3forum.net and they were never banned from the forum. There were other people that were banned who was claiming they were made in the far east and had no proof at all. Will who is a modertaor on the forum even visited their place and validated they they were all made in california so your information is incorrect.

If i remember correctly Vorsteiner was pretty much the most popular brand for the E46 M3 and you can tell if you ever went to Bimmerfest or any HIN car shows.

I also dont see the correlation between their E46 M3 CSL parts they used to offer and the parts that they designed for the E92 M3. If someone copied their designs they have every right to defend themselves.

Their prices are considerably cheaper than what ACS and Hamann offer so and i have heard got exceptional customers support when i had any questions for them.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #306
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex310 View Post
I am also a long time member on m3forum.net and they were never banned from the forum. There were other people that were banned who was claiming they were made in the far east and had no proof at all. Will who is a modertaor on the forum even visited their place and validated they they were all made in california so your information is incorrect.

If i remember correctly Vorsteiner was pretty much the most popular brand for the E46 M3 and you can tell if you ever went to Bimmerfest or any HIN car shows.

I also dont see the correlation between their E46 M3 CSL parts they used to offer and the parts that they designed for the E92 M3. If someone copied their designs they have every right to defend themselves.

Their prices are considerably cheaper than what ACS and Hamann offer so and i have heard got exceptional customers support when i had any questions for them.
Good for you!
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #307
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam@AutoTalent View Post
MAcarbon is very good
Yeah they are very good. I don't think they make anything for BMW though. Seems like they are mostly catering to Exotics.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 08:30 PM   #308
GJGM3
CFR500 M3 Vert
Rep
Drives: CFR500 M3 Vert

This is my first post but it's not my first time visiting this forum given my interests in the new M3, yet I own an E46 M3.

However, while surfing this site I came upon this thread and it's very reminiscent of some I've seen on on other websites (including M3F), by seemingly (bafoons) who appear to have a particular beef with Vorsteiner.

In one case, quite frankly it's hard to tell here, but there was one who was spreading these malicious lies in an attempt to get positioned to compete with Vorsteiner (pretty low tactic - slither and crawl on greasy fat belly types). This is a common and very SLIMY tactic by some who would like to get in the game by bringing someone else down. It's the low-of-the-lowest approach.

There have also been others who haven't been able to afford the parts and felt they're overpriced in comparison to some who actually do get their parts from Asian companies (with all due respect), who have INFERIOR QUALITY and poor fitment. This is not the case with Vorsteiner and perhaps it's because these people are just cheap and don't want to pay for quality and support products MADE IN THE USA. That's not hard to figure out.

I know Vorsteiner very well and know the person who runs it. I've owned practically everything you can own that they produce. I've even purchased many of parts just as extras in case I damage a piece I can have it right away. This is not because of any reason other than every piece is custom-made to order - not the sit on the shelf types. I've dealt DIRECTLY with them and not through a vendor since 2005. These lies and nonsense about parts being built in Asia or any place overseas is a complete lie and despicable. Unless you're living in a Communist country, you have the burden of proof. So those of you that are spreading this UTTER BS, why don't you prove that you're not what I've described above. The problem is you can't because you're making it up.

Vorsteiner has an excellent reputation in the BMW and other communities (other marques, racing teams, etc.), including many other well-known manufacturers that they partner with (i.e., Brembo to name just one).

Some people might find competing with a quality and well-known company like Vorsteiner as an insurmountable task , and so they and/or their surrogates have to result to these libelous attacks - yes, this is defamatory and it's a slimeball thing to do!

I've extensively modded my M3 and had heavily modded two 911's before it. I can compare their parts to parts from my other cars that I've modded and they're superior in every way, and their service is second to none. I can also attest to their parts being made in the USA - California to be exact. For good measure, it's worth stating they stand 100% behind their products, and quality is perfection. If there's ever an issue with any of their parts, they stand behind it 100%. I've seen many-many instances where there might have been a problem with a vendor, imagine that, a vendor - and Vorsteiner steps in when it was really the VENDOR'S RESPONSIBILITY. That's a top-notch company - Vorsteiner!

Now, to those who accuse their parts of being made overseas or make some reference to quality, you have the burden of proof - put up or shut up. Anyone here want to say it's built someplace other than their manufacturing plant in California - put up or shut up.

Lastly, Vorsteiner was not kicked off M3F! I've been on that forum as long as I've dealt with them and as I said before, I've seen these types of threads before and they're nonsense.
Appreciate 0