F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
Studio RSR

04-21-2020, 06:19 AM   #331
daschacka
Private
Rep
Drives: M5Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigorio View Post
Went back to 1.3.0. There are no benefits on 1.4.5 which would be relevant for me. No audio improvement. No boot improvement. BUT! My tasker loads apps on its own mind. Sometimes tasker loads apps properly sometimes it stops on some point. 1.3.0 seems to the most stable version for me. My device is rooted.

Did you do a factory reset after going back to 1.3.0?
I've got issues with 1.4.5 aswell. On System version does it show that its back on 1.3.0?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 08:38 AM   #332
vigorio
Rep
Drives: BMW F30, 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by daschacka View Post
Did you do a factory reset after going back to 1.3.0?
I've got issues with 1.4.5 aswell. On System version does it show that its back on 1.3.0?
Hi daschacka, my system was downgraded successfully. No issues. Downgrade just like update. System is showing 1.3.0 now.

No, I didn’t do a factory reset. New options are not showed in the menu! No need to upload old factory_config.xml for me.

The system works as expected in the meaning of tasker functions.

I think 1.4.5 has some issues with security settings so tasker even with root loses the permissions.
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2020, 07:24 PM   #333
nicholaschum
Android Developer
Canada
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-AMG CLA 45

Hi @Kri, huge thanks for this thread and all that has put effort into the research for this obscure device.

I am actually using the Navifly 10.25" SD625 with 4gb RAM/64gb ROM tablet on my Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 - so I really have no reason to be on this forum other than for this thread and the 9.0 thread.

From what I've seen, the firmwares are interchangeable and I am currently running 1.4.5 firmware thanks to the MEGA listing. I've tried jumping from 1.3.0, to 1.4.1, to 1.4.5, to 1.3.0 then back to 1.4.5, from what I understand, they're all just dummy updates, they don't raise flags so the Android recovery always flashes it regardless. It seems that the developers are just using one source base and haven't been pulling newer Google commits, so we are pretty much stuck on September 2019 patch until a newer rebase occurs.

User-debug builds allow for ADB to use `adb root` to access the system but it doesn't come "pre-rooted".

I have currently written a few redirector apps that replace EasyConnect and the DVR apps to customized apps of my choosing, e.g. PhoneLink now launches Zlink and DVR launches my Blackvue app. I've tried making changes to the KswPLauncher.apk and have succeeded in pushing it back to the device with changes, but I figured I can actually make changes to the launcher completely without modifying the APK.

I've also done some of the other stuff like splash screen tweaks thanks to the thread, and the DocumentsUI port (built directly from AOSP sources based on Android 10, not the LineageOS pull from the previous thread).

Is there any development chat other than the forums? My XDA handle is as follows:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=3605033

Last edited by nicholaschum; 04-21-2020 at 07:40 PM..
Appreciate 3
Kri1083.50
Stainy266.00
      04-22-2020, 01:38 AM   #334
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum View Post
I have currently written a few redirector apps that replace EasyConnect and the DVR apps to customized apps of my choosing, e.g. PhoneLink now launches Zlink and DVR launches my Blackvue app. I've tried making changes to the KswPLauncher.apk and have succeeded in pushing it back to the device with changes, but I figured I can actually make changes to the launcher completely without modifying the APK.
Interesting! I want Browser to launch Firefox and Filemanager to launch Total Commander. By the way, DVR app can easily be changed in factory_config.xml, many of us have the DVR tile launch DAB-Z instead.
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2020, 01:55 AM   #335
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Hi @Kri, huge thanks for this thread and all that has put effort into the research for this obscure device.

I am actually using the Navifly 10.25" SD625 with 4gb RAM/64gb ROM tablet on my Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 - so I really have no reason to be on this forum other than for this thread and the 9.0 thread.
Welcome here to the BMW forums, we are always are glad when people are here to share there experiences and knowledge

Glad to see someone with a Mercedes unit who has the same firmware, i was already looking since longer for sources for information ect for mercedes, but it seems there is no active discussion about this devices in other forums.
Most people here are normal Users, tinkerers and car enthusiasts who have most time no or only limited Android knowledge (including me )
I`m also just an IT technician from the windows world trying to understand the android jungle ^^"
As you seem to be a android developer who is working on the core we rely all our hope in you from now on

Quote:
From what I've seen, the firmwares are interchangeable and I am currently running 1.4.5 firmware thanks to the MEGA listing. I've tried jumping from 1.3.0, to 1.4.1, to 1.4.5, to 1.3.0 then back to 1.4.5, from what I understand, they're all just dummy updates, they don't raise flags so the Android recovery always flashes it regardless. It seems that the developers are just using one source base and haven't been pulling newer Google commits, so we are pretty much stuck on September 2019 patch until a newer rebase occurs.
For what i have seen the source image is from google Pixel 2 or 2 XL.
Yes, they are always only updating the BMW/MERCEDES ect. GUI stuff but never update the securitylevel as it was already on android 7 8.1 and 9
Only upside is that with newer Android version more and more stuff becomes to be updateable via play store updates.

Quote:
User-debug builds allow for ADB to use `adb root` to access the system but it doesn't come "pre-rooted".
so basicly its better to say it is unlocked for root ?

Quote:
firefly1337 also have made a redirector app some time ago for android 9, but as they change the source code very often he stopped developing the app, which is understandable to me.

changing the DVR app can be easily done via factory_config.xml, you just need to add the desired app name under the "<SupportDvrAppList>" String, and select it then under the Factory settings.
As they optimze the GUI more and more, it may be that some options are not shown on the Mercedes gui and vice versa.
To the apk, so you where able to resign the package to be usable again, or have you used magisk ?
I´m not a fan of magisk as you can crash the system pretty fast, and even with a factory/wipe recovery some rest will stay at the boot partition.

is it easy to make the changes to the kswplauncher, or does it need high skills every time ?
I always try to make the guides as easy as possible (most with batch files for windows) to give normal users the possibility to modify it without any headache.

Quote:
I've also done some of the other stuff like splash screen tweaks thanks to the thread, and the DocumentsUI port (built directly from AOSP sources based on Android 10, not the LineageOS pull from the previous thread).
Awsome that you are able to build apk`s from the soure, i`m not thats why i took the lineageos image which android 9 seems to be based on.
Can you share the apk ?

Quote:
Is there any development chat other than the forums? My XDA handle is as follows:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=3605033
afaik the two Android Threads (9 and 10) here are the most active english speaking plattforms for this units.
there are some russian and german threads, but most modding information from there is coming from here.

if you are interessted in a Chat, i can try to open a Discord server

Kri
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2020, 02:25 AM   #336
nicholaschum
Android Developer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
Interesting! I want Browser to launch Firefox and Filemanager to launch Total Commander. By the way, DVR app can easily be changed in factory_config.xml, many of us have the DVR tile launch DAB-Z instead.
It's definitely possible, I've looked into the source code of KswPLauncher and for File Manager, it is easy to hijack provided you delete ES File Explorer.

If you have root, you can pretty do anything. I can push the app up over here later. I am currently still considering if I should write up a nice UI or just make it work, simple and stupid.

For now, I really don't like tinkering with the factory settings, so what my implementation is, an editable XML file in the root of the SD card, to declare what the redirector would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
Welcome here to the BMW forums, we are always are glad when people are here to share there experiences and knowledge

Glad to see someone with a Mercedes unit who has the same firmware, i was already looking since longer for sources for information ect for mercedes, but it seems there is no active discussion about this devices in other forums.
Most people here are normal Users, tinkerers and car enthusiasts who have most time no or only limited Android knowledge (including me )
I`m also just an IT technician from the windows world trying to understand the android jungle ^^"
As you seem to be a android developer who is working on the core we rely all our hope in you from now on
Thanks! I only joined because you guys decided to talk about it here and you were the only Google result, haha.

Honestly, I picked up the tablet knowing that I'll be tinkering with the entire software to tailor it to a better experience.

I can definitely whip up some tweaks but I'm not the type to do Xposed modules like some people.

Quote:
For what i have seen the source image is from google Pixel 2 or 2 XL.
Yes, they are always only updating the BMW/MERCEDES ect. GUI stuff but never update the securitylevel as it was already on android 7 8.1 and 9
Only upside is that with newer Android version more and more stuff becomes to be updateable via play store updates.
Source images aren't open source from Google for the Pixel devices, but they are probably running a Pixel-based custom ROM.

Assuming that the kernel is open source, it is definitely possible to compile your own ROM for this device. I've considered it but we're getting enough updates to not warrant this.

Security level is set at September 2019. Maintaining a ROM and security patches are time consuming, so they're just rebuilding their source with "fixes" specific to their launcher or their communications with the car.

Quote:
so basicly its better to say it is unlocked for root ?
User-debug means that it was designed for development by the developers of the ROM. So accessing the file system is basically a given. This also means the security is much lower. To release a user-debug ROM means that they released a .docx file instead of a .pdf, readily available to be edited and debugged.

Google also ships user-debug ROMs on their official Android Emulator for app developers. So rooting it would be exactly the same.

Quote:
firefly1337 also have made a redirector app some time ago for android 9, but as they change the source code very often he stopped developing the app, which is understandable to me.
I haven't seen his app. I've just whipped one up in 5 minutes on my end and it runs well. But if I'm planning to release it, I was hoping to add more user-friendly edits. I've made it simple to modify too, I don't think this would affect per version, so it'll be easy to bring up to newer Android versions within seconds.

Quote:
changing the DVR app can be easily done via factory_config.xml, you just need to add the desired app name under the "<SupportDvrAppList>" String, and select it then under the Factory settings.
Yeah I figured. I don't want to edit much and change factory configuration files. I've done redirects on the two apps I've mentioned above and it's running fairly well.

Quote:
As they optimze the GUI more and more, it may be that some options are not shown on the Mercedes gui and vice versa.
I believe we can see most, if not the same options.

Quote:
To the apk, so you where able to resign the package to be usable again, or have you used magisk ?
I´m not a fan of magisk as you can crash the system pretty fast, and even with a factory/wipe recovery some rest will stay at the boot partition.
I did not use Magisk, I just replaced the APK using ADB.

To put it into perspective, Magisk is not dangerous, but plugins can get outdated, or be device specific. Imagine Magisk being something like Cydia Substrate, a middle-man with a failsafe implementation.

Yes, I was able to resign the package and execute it. I've also been testing it on my bench, but it runs the BMW GUI, which I'm not really a fan of.

Quote:
is it easy to make the changes to the kswplauncher, or does it need high skills every time ?
I always try to make the guides as easy as possible (most with batch files for windows) to give normal users the possibility to modify it without any headache.
It's not easy to make changes. Because from my decompile, they use very outdated code and also nest everything through their MVVM structure.

There's not many changes to make, but I've uploaded the decompiled source code (not yet easily buildable) onto GitHub. I've just been cross referencing what they do in the launcher in my code.

Quote:
Awsome that you are able to build apk`s from the soure, i`m not thats why i took the lineageos image which android 9 seems to be based on.
Can you share the apk ?
If you guys need any other APK, I can easily compile it.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261778629

Quote:
afaik the two Android Threads (9 and 10) here are the most active english speaking plattforms for this units.
there are some russian and german threads, but most modding information from there is coming from here.

if you are interessted in a Chat, i can try to open a Discord server

Kri
Yes, please. That would be great for us

Last edited by nicholaschum; 04-22-2020 at 03:35 AM..
Appreciate 2
RedErik1050.00
      04-22-2020, 03:35 AM   #337
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I haven't seen his app. I've just whipped one up in 5 minutes on my end and it runs well. But if I'm planning to release it, I was hoping to add more user-friendly edits. I've made it simple to modify too, I don't think this would affect per version, so it'll be easy to bring up to newer Android versions within seconds.
Looking forward to this, if you decide to release it. Firefly1337's app can be found here.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 04:03 AM   #338
nicholaschum
Android Developer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Looking forward to this, if you decide to release it. Firefly1337's app can be found here.
Ah, I can see it uses Xposed. Then yeah, it is definitely very version dependent.

Mine does not require Xposed nor root to operate, unless someone needs to replace File Explorer which needs a full system uninstall to hijack.

Currently, my app has hijacks and configurations for EasyConnect, DVR and File Explorer (assuming it can be uninstalled by the user, if not, just remove it using ADB root).

I'm also working on a way to change all images and pictures of the launcher, as well as all the typos and poor English.

On my car, it shows a GLA (a Benz model), but I drive a CLA, so I'm probably going to do some editing and hopefully tint the background red, and replace the car icon with my car's.

All this would be native Android modifications. The only reason to use root is for ADB uninstalls or installs. Nothing irreversible.

and for the BMW owners:

Code:
    <string name="ksw_id7_apps">APPS</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_brake1">OFF</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_brake2">ON</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_car">Car</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_car_info">Car Info</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_communication">Communication</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_connected_phone">Phone Connected </string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_dashboard_lable">Dashboard</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_ecu">Dashboard</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_hd_video">HD Video</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_hd_video_warning">Don\'t watch while driving</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_month">Month</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_music">Music</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_navi">Navigation</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_navi_left">Navi</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_not_connected_phone">No phone connected</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_real_time_navi">Navigate for you in real time</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_seatbelt1">OFF</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_seatbelt2">ON</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_setting">Settings</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_switch_to_carinfo_window">Display original car info</string>
    <string name="ksw_id7_system_app_not_uninstall">System apps can\'t be uninstalled</string>
    <string name="ksw_idf7_unknow_artis">Unknown Artist</string>
    <string name="ksw_idf7_unkonw_album">Unknown Album</string>
    <string name="ksw_idf7_unkonw_soung">Unknown Song</string>

If everything goes according to plan, I can change all images and text as well on the launcher, without touching the launcher's APK at all.

EDIT: Yes, I will release it...hopefully if we have a Discord chat, I can send some files around.

Last edited by nicholaschum; 04-22-2020 at 04:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 04:14 AM   #339
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Ah, I can see it uses Xposed. Then yeah, it is definitely very version dependent.

Mine does not require Xposed nor root to operate, unless someone needs to replace File Explorer which needs a full system uninstall to hijack.

Currently, my app has hijacks and configurations for EasyConnect, DVR and File Explorer (assuming it can be uninstalled by the user, if not, just remove it using ADB root).

I'm also working on a way to change all images and pictures of the launcher, as well as all the typos and poor English.

On my car, it shows a GLA (a Benz model), but I drive a CLA, so I'm probably going to do some editing and hopefully tint the background red, and replace the car icon with my car's.

All this would be native Android modifications. The only reason to use root is for ADB uninstalls or installs. Nothing irreversible.

and for the BMW owners:

If everything goes according to plan, I can change all images and text as well on the launcher, without touching the launcher's APK at all.

EDIT: Yes, I will release it...hopefully if we have a Discord chat, I can send some files around.
Awsome, thats exactly the type of modifications i always was thinking about, modifying it without any additional apps needed

I created a Discord Server, here is the invitation link: https://discord.gg/gxbJtW9

I hope it will work, it does require at least registered users to block at least basic spammers.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 02:01 AM   #340
nicholaschum
Android Developer
Canada
Rep

KswRedirect

I have written a suite of redirection apps that when clicking e.g. PhoneLink, will no longer launch EasyConnect but can launch Zlink (or even Candy Crush, PUBGM or whatever - you specify it!)

These apps were specifically made for KswCarProject (the Android headunit main software) in mind. It does NOT rely on Xposed, or a constant source of root, meaning you can easily update your firmware and it will continue working.

Depending on what you want to override, I have a few options for you:

- KswRedirect_browser_XXXXXX_YYYY.apk (Web Browser redirect - DEFAULT: CHROME)
- KswRedirect_dvr_XXXXXX_YYYY.apk (DVR redirect - DEFAULT: HD DVR)
- KswRedirect_fe_XXXXXX_YYYY.apk (File explorer redirect - DEFAULT: ES FILE EXPLORER)
- KswRedirect_phonelink_XXXXXX_YYYY.apk (PhoneLink redirect - DEFAULT: EASYCONNECT)

To configure which app to redirect to, you will have to launch one of the apps above installed, then using a file browser, navigate to /storage/emulated/0/
(usually it's your Internal storage) and then open redirects.xml. You only have to do this once if you installed all redirect apps, mainly because I obtain storage permissions to put redirects.xml there, and to read it universally.

You can then edit each item to be redirected. Only edit the value rather than the keys (e.g. com.android.chrome is a key).

I have set the minSdk to Android Pie, so since KswPLauncher runs the same on 9.0, this will work for both people who have upgraded to Android 10, and those still remaining on 9.

The whole idea is to keep all your redirects off your factory_config.xml and in the new redirects.xml located in /storage/emulated/0

Download link (Latest 2.1): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=308987

27/4/2020: Thanks to Kri, we have a user-explained redirects.xml available for you all to configure before downloading the software! https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261783925

Thank you to @Kri for testing with me on the Discord channel!

Instructions:

PhoneLink:
  1. Uninstall EasyConnect on your Apps screen by holding onto it for a few seconds
  2. Install KswRedirect_phonelink_XXXXXX_YYYY.apk
  3. Click on the PhoneLink icon on your GUI, then navigate to /storage/emulated/0/redirects.xml
  4. Edit your target package by entering it in the key section of where "net.easyconn" is (replace "com.zjinnova.zlink").

Code:
    <redirect name="net.easyconn">com.zjinnova.zlink</redirect>

DVR:
  1. If you removed "com.ankai.cardvr" anywhere from your factory_config.xml, put it back, or restore your stock factory_config.xml
  2. Uninstall HD DVR on your Apps screen by holding onto it for a few seconds
  3. Install KswRedirect_dvr_XXXXXX_YYYY.apk
  4. Click on the DVR icon on your GUI, then navigate to /storage/emulated/0/redirects.xml
  5. Edit your target package by entering it in the key section of where "com.ankai.cardvr" is (replace "comb.blackvuec").

Code:
    <redirect name="com.ankai.cardvr">comb.blackvuec</redirect>

Fire Explorer:

ATTENTION: YOU SHOULD HAVE ANOTHER FILE EXPLORER HANDY BEFORE YOU DO THIS!
  1. Uninstall ES File Explorer on your Apps screen by holding onto it for a few seconds
  2. Install KswRedirect_fe_XXXXXX_YYYY.apk
  3. Click on the File Explorer icon on your GUI, then navigate to /storage/emulated/0/redirects.xml
  4. Edit your target package by entering it in the key section of where "com.estrongs.android.pop" is (replace "pl.solidexplorer2").

Code:
    <redirect name="com.estrongs.android.pop">pl.solidexplorer2</redirect>

Browser:

If you would like to have a different browser installed and launched when you click the Browser button on select GUI modes, this will make it work dynamically.

This is the ONLY app that requires a root call, to modify the system partition's Chrome binary to completely uninstall it.
  1. Using ADB root, with ADB remount activated,

Code:
    adb root
    adb remount
    adb shell
    rm -rf /system/app/Chrome
    reboot
  2. Install KswRedirect_browser_XXXXXX_YYYY.apk
  3. Click on the Browser icon on your GUI, then navigate to /storage/emulated/0/redirects.xml
  4. Edit your target package by entering it in the key section of where "com.android.chrome" is (replace "org.mozilla.firefox").

Code:
    <redirect name="com.android.chrome">org.mozilla.firefox</redirect>

Since this deletes Chrome from the system partition and you'll be reinstalling another "Chrome" APK in the user partition, if you decide to update the firmware, just uninstall the blue Browser icon before updating to prevent any clashes. This might not be necessary because Android does it's own garbage collection every time you boot up.
Attached Files
File Type: zip redirects.xml.zip (1.9 KB, 533 views)

Last edited by nicholaschum; 05-08-2020 at 04:12 PM..
Appreciate 7
Kri1083.50
RedErik1050.00
Mjam133.50
jkont22.50
      04-23-2020, 08:22 AM   #341
Myd00m
Rep
Drives: BMW e82

Very gooood, finaly some quality mods it would be awesome to be able to add more tiles to the launcher and maybe be able to switch positions of the tiles
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 12:26 PM   #342
nicholaschum
Android Developer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myd00m View Post
Very gooood, finaly some quality mods it would be awesome to be able to add more tiles to the launcher and maybe be able to switch positions of the tiles
I've actually tried that, and also renaming them. Unfortunately to add more tiles mean that you will have to write a whole new set of code due to how the Ksw Team hard-coded everything.

Renaming the tiles and changing the icons I've already done.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 02:12 PM   #343
nicholaschum
Android Developer
Canada
Rep

Here is the link to the most up-to-date DocumentsUI built directly from AOSP for Android 10.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261778629
Appreciate 2
      04-23-2020, 02:17 PM   #344
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Renaming the tiles and changing the icons I've already done.
Then you can also rearrange all tiles by renaming and changing text and image, and redirect the apps?

I successfully changed file manager to Total Commander with your apk, thank you so much for this mod! For anyone else who want to do this, here is the value to insert: com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander

Could there be other ways to do this than uninstalling the app to replace? I tried to just disable Chrome, but that was not enough, your apk wouldn't install. Could it be possible to achieve the same as uninstalling by renaming an executable or similar?

Last edited by Mjam; 04-23-2020 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 02:49 PM   #345
nicholaschum
Android Developer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Then you can also rearrange all tiles by renaming and changing text and image, and redirect the apps?

I successfully changed file manager to Total Commander with your apk, thank you so much for this mod! For anyone else who want to do this, here is the value to insert: com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander

Could there be other ways to do this than uninstalling the app to replace? I tried to just disable Chrome, but that was not enough, your apk wouldn't install. Could it be possible to achieve the same as uninstalling by renaming an executable or similar?
Yes, I have renamed, changed text and images. Apps able to be redirected I have done so in the KswRedirect suite.

Unfortunately the way that the Ksw team coded the program, they hardcoded the array of tiles you see on the screen with a list code. So they reference the list with an index. If you rearrange the array, it will still open what was initially supposed to be there. If you remove an array entry, the referencing will be thrown out of bounds and the launcher will crash infinitely.

For Chrome, they force a hardcoded activity/class in com.android.chrome to launch, so my APK requires removal of Chrome completely, in which the APK takes on the same package name and has the same class that KswPLauncher tries to open, which in turn launches Firefox (For you).

By doing this on ADB root, you can easily do this without messing up your system, or risk damaging it neither. Just be sure to follow my instructions provided you have already disabled verity checks. Uninstalling Chrome is not dangerous as you can always reinstall Chrome again from Play Store.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 03:09 PM   #346
nicholaschum
Android Developer
Canada
Rep

Hi all, I've been working with Kri and talking to a bunch of people on the forums lately.

We've been working together on our new Discord channel, if you guys want to join:
https://discord.gg/EwpjT5

A little sneak peek of the work done:

Notice the texts has changed. I'm working on icons, they'll be done soon but not shown off in video.
Appreciate 2
Mjam133.50
      04-24-2020, 03:20 AM   #347
vigorio
Rep
Drives: BMW F30, 320i

Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v1.4.7-ota.zip not tested!

https://we.tl/t-ipcCnQxcwM
Appreciate 1
Kri1083.50
      04-24-2020, 07:42 AM   #348
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigorio View Post
Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v1.4.7-ota.zip not tested!

https://we.tl/t-ipcCnQxcwM
I checked the update in comparison to 1.4.5, this version 1.4.7 is from 18th April 2020.

Code:
ro.build.display.id=Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v1.4.7
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.zlx.20200418.163439
ro.system.build.date=Sat Apr 18 17:03:40 CST 2020
ro.system.build.fingerprint=qti/msm8953_64/msm8953_64:10/QKQ1.191008.001/zlx04181703:userdebug/test-keys

Update: Benz MBUX GUI High Resolution Images added and Code update to Benz NTG5 code.

So, no need to update for BMW drivers.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 08:42 AM   #349
Slepoipew
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E83

Major change in version 1.4.7 - new bootloader

Please measure the system loading speed compared to 1.4.5
thank

Last edited by Slepoipew; 04-24-2020 at 08:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 09:39 AM   #350
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slepoipew View Post

thank
Oh cool, i never check the bootloader, because its badly encrypted, i`ll check ^^

Kri
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 09:51 AM   #351
Slepoipew
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E83

For comparison
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1.2.0 .zip (284.8 KB, 142 views)
File Type: zip 1.4.7 .zip (284.8 KB, 294 views)
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 09:53 AM   #352
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slepoipew View Post

thank
i measured the time on my unit on the desk between 1.4.5 and 1.4.7.
Loading has not changed at all.

Kri
Appreciate 0