E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Beaware..cop E92..pbi Area....!

12-30-2008, 11:29 AM   #23
E92Pilot
Bad cop no donut
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90 M3/ SF-340

This story sounds really shady...... Get yourself a real lawyer and investigate the situation. If its your first ticket in 5yrs you should be able to take the class online and not get any points.

AW E90 M3... Cold, Premium, Tech, Silver Novillo, Carbon leather, ipod, EPS, Rear shade....
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 11:56 AM   #24
av8thor
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Unhappy FHP are sneaky bastages...

I was driving to Orlando from Naples once and watched a late 90's Chrysler minivan light up in full FHP colors and pull over a dude who was speeding and undertaking semis on a six lane stretch of I-75, just south of St. Pete.

I remember it clearly because I was about to blow by him in the left lane....
P. J. O'Rourke)
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #25
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Finally here

probably just an unmarked police car, i dont think it's his "personal"car. most cops can't afford it..lol. i think they purposely got such cars to use it as traps. when i had my G35coupe, i heard there was a black G35 cop car around here too.

most of the unmarked cars are American made (mustangs, cameros, chargers, etc.) but now i guess there are a diff cars to confuse the drivers/speedsters.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 12:31 PM   #26
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Go to court!!!!! I rarely get tickets, when I do they are at least 3 years apart. The judge will most likley ask you to state your name and address and then your plea and any other comments. I plead guilty and then ask for probation. I usually still have to pay the fine, but I always get 1 year probation which means no points on the record and nothing reported to the insurance company. It's worth it. Usually when you ask for probation the judge will ask you about your driving record. If you have not had any speeding tickets for at least 3 years you are a great candidate for probation.

I'm in Maryland so the procedure in your area may be slightly different.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 01:10 PM   #27
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23 M235i/2008,E90,335xi

Garage List
Off Duty or On Duty ???

DRUG seizure BMW, i guess it's a perk of the job! (maybe)
look at the tic. see where he is assigned, call that precinct
and ask the desk sgt. if that officer drives an unmarked car.
if you find out it is in fact his POV (Personally Owned Vehicle)
then go to court. most likly he can't use his POV to make
motor vehicle stops, but check Fla. law first.
Good luck.

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #28
Z22Z
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: WRX

sounds like entrapment. he didnt just go to any random car but chose the only other 335 on the road to mess with. you can claim you were unfairly targeted because of what you drive.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 01:45 PM   #29
zsapphire7
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 M3

I dont know, you should probably never pull over unless its a cop car. If its clearly an e92 trying to pull you over, there could be a lot of safety issues with that. U never know if its not a cop. Next time you should call 911 or something to confirm before stopping.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 01:49 PM   #30
AV9
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

wtf are cops doing with e92's???
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 02:28 PM   #31
nebz
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

im pretty sure he aint got no video recorder in his e92 snice its a personal car?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 02:43 PM   #32
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///N54

Update

I Decided to get a lawyer and take it to the court, after I went over the whole thing with my lawyer he made couple calls to see if the car was undercover or his personal vehicle, he said if it was his personal vehicle he will drop the ticket with his supervisor over the phone no questions ask, especially since it sounds like entrapment...!

Couple hours went by, he got a call.....The car is an "UNDERCOVER" Vehicle which was acquired 3 weeks ago in a Drug Bust and they decide to turn it into undercover rather than auction it off, the camera equipment? Also true lawyer was advised of a recording data number...Apparently once a video is recorded they transmit it to their stations database

Well, I guess its a court date then, The lawyer though told me not to worry about it even if he does have the 92 MPH Video he will be able to drop it since he was pushing me for it and that I should say: "I was afraid for my safety and tried to space my vehicle away from the aggressive vehicle”

Wish me luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 02:55 PM   #33
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
Update

I Decided to get a lawyer and take it to the court, after I went over the whole thing with my lawyer he made couple calls to see if the car was undercover or his personal vehicle, he said if it was his personal vehicle he will drop the ticket with his supervisor over the phone no questions ask, especially since it sounds like entrapment...!

Couple hours went by, he got a call.....The car is an "UNDERCOVER" Vehicle which was acquired 3 weeks ago in a Drug Bust and they decide to turn it into undercover rather than auction it off, the camera equipment? Also true lawyer was advised of a recording data number...Apparently once a video is recorded they transmit it to their stations database

Well, I guess its a court date then, The lawyer though told me not to worry about it even if he does have the 92 MPH Video he will be able to drop it since he was pushing me for it and that I should say: "I was afraid for my safety and tried to space my vehicle away from the aggressive vehicle”

Wish me luck.
Yikes! Good luck with the resolution. I'll have to keep an eye out for him.
      12-30-2008, 03:14 PM   #34
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Finally here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
Update

Wish me luck.
so i guessed it right that it was undercover. dont i feel smart.

im sure you will have no problem since that's what lawyers are paid for - getting you outta trouble. just curious though, wouldnt it be cheaper just to pay the fine instead of a lawyer since they are usually quite expensive.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #35
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me View Post
so i guessed it right that it was undercover. dont i feel smart.

im sure you will have no problem since that's what lawyers are paid for - getting you outta trouble. just curious though, wouldnt it be cheaper just to pay the fine instead of a lawyer since they are usually quite expensive.
Yeah it will be cheaper but I am an airline bus driver(they call us pilots), Don't care what the lawyer fee is...I JUST DON'T WANT THE POINTS on my License to show up in my backround check....!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #36
billspreston
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87

Am I the only one who would be more than happy to pay $150 and call it a day in this situation? You could have gone to jail for street racing if the cop felt like it. Not that I'm saying this situation doesn't suck, but $150 is a joke considering what lawyers cost.

Can you do traffic school to get rid of the points? Online traffic school in Cali took me like 3 hours max.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 04:36 PM   #37
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

In Maryland on I-95 they have Red Mastung Cobra, Ford Explorer (usually black), Dodge Charger SRT8, and ever 300Cs. If you are unlucky enough to take the bait, you are 95% going to have to plead guilty. They video it too. I know I am on 95 a lot to NYC. In Edison NJ area they used to have 600SL and M3. The ones in Edison though had police paint scheme and lights so they were easy to identify, but I have been almost had a few times in the Maryland Colidor. I happen to know a guy who was arrested by one after he started to race him, and worst of all dude was drunk. He hired a lawyer who got him off, but not worth spending all that $$$ for just a 2 minutes thrill. DONT TAKE THE BAIT until you can clearly see you are racing some punk.
      12-30-2008, 05:51 PM   #38
ohsnapITZe92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Keep in mind this is F-L-O-R-I-D-A not California.
LOL... sorry dont mean to burst your B-u-b-b-l-e but no matter where you are from florida california nevada... wherever.... cops wouldnt make the decision to pull you over in their personal vehicle. are you kidding me? then all cops would be going crazy pulling people over off duty. and another thing... its just not safe. helloooooo??????????

but nm this post. i guess the op did find out it WAS an undercover car and the OFF DUTY cop did initiate it.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 06:29 PM   #39
1clean335i
Perf BMW mag issue 147, 159
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Project Estoril

Garage List
I wonder if he had a tune.....
      12-30-2008, 06:34 PM   #40
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsnapITZe92 View Post
LOL... sorry dont mean to burst your B-u-b-b-l-e but no matter where you are from florida california nevada... wherever.... cops wouldnt make the decision to pull you over in their personal vehicle. are you kidding me? then all cops would be going crazy pulling people over off duty. and another thing... its just not safe. helloooooo??????????

but nm this post. i guess the op did find out it WAS an undercover car and the OFF DUTY cop did initiate it.
Clever...but still wrong...they can pull you over...whether it is safe move was not the issue.
      12-30-2008, 06:36 PM   #41
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1clean335i View Post
I wonder if he had a tune.....
      12-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #42
ohsnapITZe92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Clever...but still wrong...they can pull you over...whether it is safe move was not the issue.
OFF DUTY IN THEIR PERSONAL VEHICLE? do you realize/understand how much liability there is? not only with the "off duty" officer, but with the department he works for. pls think before you post . i guess thats why everyone cant be a cop.

btw its not clever... its common sense. c'mon man... u know better than that. and if tahts what you think... there would be ALOT more posts about people getting pulled over by a honda civic, toyota camry, nissan quest.... would you like me to go on? who knows... maybe a smart car would get in a high speed chase to give someone a fix it ticket! LOL unbelievable... im sorry its just funny.

and i dont know about you but i wouldnt be wasting my mileage and gas for giving a $150 ticket with no compensation. not too mention if he/she ever got in a shooting...

but if you say so... sure why not. ill paypal you $100 to prove me wrong

i guess cops are THAT stupid to risk their safety for an infraction...

Last edited by ohsnapITZe92; 12-30-2008 at 08:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #43
Wake27
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i ZPP ZSP

That's such a bummer, I'd be so pissed. I hate the police, so many of them here are such fuckers. They have all sorts of cars in my town, expeditions, F150s, regular cruisers, and mustangs. That's a shitload for where I live.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 07:37 PM   #44
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by billspreston View Post
Am I the only one who would be more than happy to pay $150 and call it a day in this situation? You could have gone to jail for street racing if the cop felt like it. Not that I'm saying this situation doesn't suck, but $150 is a joke considering what lawyers cost.

Can you do traffic school to get rid of the points? Online traffic school in Cali took me like 3 hours max.
+1

I felt the same. I might not pay for it immediately, but I'll pay for it when it's due and take traffic school to get rid of the point.