BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

05-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #23
Jai2008
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

No baseline? pretty pointless.

400+hp means nothing, you can make any car have 400+hp on a dyno....

Real world driving/racing is what matters. Get some trap or 60-130mph.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #24
hugen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 440i GC

Baseline?.. um stock 135s put down anywhere from 280-290..so there you go.. lol

400hp meaning nothing on a load bearing mustang dyno.. sure if you say so.. any car actually putting down 400hp 0_o ummm i'll disagree.

You know.. it never ceases to amaze me how there is always someone negative.. but hey you've probably got "real" numbers and your cars probably faster then light, so excuse me for sharing my measly numbers with the 1series community and encouraging my fellow 1ers to mod there cars as well.

I put up "real" numbers 60-130 and its not "real" unless it calibrated by blah blah blah.. right? Im not going to kill my self doing 130mph for you and unfortunately my "real" life doesnt give me the free time to rent out or live at a track so I guess all this doesnt matter to you..

This is my car.. and increasing my stock whp from around 280-290 to 400+ does serve a point to ME.

Thanks have a nice day =)
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #25
1911A145
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugen View Post

400hp meaning nothing on a load bearing mustang dyno.. sure if you say so.. any car actually putting down 400hp 0_o ummm i'll disagree.

You know.. it never ceases to amaze me how there is always someone negative.. but hey you've probably got "real" numbers and your cars probably faster then light, so excuse me for sharing my measly numbers with the 1series community and encouraging my fellow 1ers to mod there cars as well.

I put up "real" numbers 60-130 and its not "real" unless it calibrated by blah blah blah.. right? Im not going to kill my self doing 130mph for you and unfortunately my "real" life doesnt give me the free time to rent out or live at a track so I guess all this doesnt matter to you..

This is my car.. and increasing my stock whp from around 280-290 to 400+ does serve a point to ME.

Dont listen to the haters... hell, dont bother responding to them!

Of course everyone wants to see a "baseline" dyno chart. I mean, the point of using a dyno in the first place is to see your progress from where you started to where you finished and everything and every mod you added in between to see if it is benefiting you. Not everyone thinks about that when modding a car and just dyno after the fact. Some dynos read high and others low but +/- 30 hp from your number will give a good ballpark of where you are incase you are either side of the dynos reading.

Some of us dont dyno to see before and after though... we also like to make sure our mods and tune are not jumping all over the place on the dyno and to make sure the tune is consistant and safe on our daily drivers. Those who dont take into consideration the value of a dyno before going to the track are just as clueless. The great thing about the dyno chart is to see where your power curve is to so when you DO go to the track you know exactly where to shift and know right where your powerband is going to be.

I, personally, thank you for sharing your dyno chart with the community. It just adds another level of information that we have as owners to see what different mods and tunes do to affect our cars. Some people dont EVER go to the track and could really care less. A nice, quick daily driver with a safe tune and a few bolt ons is all that most people want. For those who want to come in here and bitch about the OP not showing track times or a before graph should get a life and worry about your own car. He is kind enough to share this with us in the first place and that is really what these forums are all about anyhow. To those bitching, until you spend countless hours on the dyno, testing each individual mod, tune, fuel, and sharing all of those combinations with the community and posting pictures and videos along with track times... just shut the hell up. Some people just cant help themselves and feel like being a weekend keyboard warrior is the only thing they got going for themselves. Oh well... /rant.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #26
RnmEvo9
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:

If this is CFT's dyno, then its a Mustang dyno that reads like a dynojet. If you have the time to dyno your car without a baseline, you obviously have the time to take it to Orlando Speed World for a few runs on a test and tune night. Sometimes, dyno numbers and real world performance won't necessarily match up.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #27
1911A145
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 View Post
If this is CFT's dyno, then its a Mustang dyno that reads like a dynojet. If you have the time to dyno your car without a baseline, you obviously have the time to take it to Orlando Speed World for a few runs on a test and tune night. Sometimes, dyno numbers and real world performance won't necessarily match up.
Not everyone has the time man... lol

For instance, I usually work mon-fri 1-10 and go to school m-f 7-12. I have weekends off. I can usually find a dyno shop open on the weekends, but cant take time off to go to PBIR when they run test and tune on wed and friday nights. It sucks but im only allowed certain time off to do it and thats far and few between. Everyones situation is different. I bust my ass to have nice things while others on these boards dont work at all and have all the time and money in the world to mod and race as they want. others just dont care for the track.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #28
RnmEvo9
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911A145 View Post
Not everyone has the time man... lol

For instance, I usually work mon-fri 1-10 and go to school m-f 7-12. I have weekends off. I can usually find a dryno shop open on the weekends, but cant take time off to go to PBIR when they run test and tune on wed and friday nights. It sucks but im only allowed certain time off to do it and thats far and few between. Everyones situation is different. I bust my ass to have nice things while others on these boards dont work at all and have all the time and money in the world to mod and race as they want. others just dont care for the track.
There are also events held on the weekend at PBIR to race, unless of course you don't care for the track to see how it performs. Tomorrow morning at PBIR from 9am-5pm, there is a private event for street cars to race down the 1/4 mile to see how you do, and there is plenty of spots available.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #29
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

Thanks for posting the #'s man. I have heard all the above arguements forever and to be honest most do have merit, but like you said some folks do not have the time(me, i work too much as well)and do not track. The difference between whats need to make the 135i a track car and one that is a road DD or one that is strickly roads(bad ones at that in NJ )is quite different as well for optimum performance. I no the 135i for track driving needs some improvements but for the street i could not be happier with my simple cosmetic mods and exhaust and JB4. And as far as i am concerned the 135i with just the JB4 is plenty fast.
      05-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #30
1911A145
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 View Post
There are also events held on the weekend at PBIR to race, unless of course you don't care for the track to see how it performs. Tomorrow morning at PBIR from 9am-5pm, there is a private event for street cars to race down the 1/4 mile to see how you do, and there is plenty of spots available.
I dont want to go off track here on OP's thread, but thanks, I did see that. I think its 75 dollars and its all street cars welcome.

I have 4 new tires sitting at the house I ordered from tire rack ready to go on this monday. they just got delivered. My right rear run flat got a tapcon screw in it that I used two plugs to hold. they are holding about 2 days worth of air and goes flat again. all 4 runflats are brand new but are dry rotted really bad so I dont want to drive on them anywhere, let alone the track. that, and after just getting the car serviced with all new brakes, rotors, etc the brakes and tires need a few hundred miles of break in. too bad its not next sunday...

But keep me updated in my PM if you will if you here of any other events. I would love to go but PBIR dosnt do too many weekend track events. I really want to get on that road course and try it out
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #31
hugen
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hey thanks guys I appreciate the positive feedback yeah its my DD and the car was actually taken in by Rolo the owner of CFT who was nice enough to agree to use my car as a test subject and try and build a prototype exhaust for the 135 idk if this project will see daylight but he wanted to do a before and after dyno... which is here:

before...

then after which is my original post.. we saw that this exhaust gained about 10whp but that wasn't the main point of this post.. it was just to post the dyno of all the parts together to show other owners that 400 is obtainable with bolt ons.

Its not like the car goes on the dyno all the time this was actually done in the course of two saturday mornings to work around my schedule and you guys are spot on about being busy with work and school because that is my case.

Also this was never originally a post to compare real numbers vs dyno.. it was simply something to add to the community so I don't know where all this comparing balls came from.. whats real whats not talk started up, if you dont like this tread dont read it.. if you dont like the video then to watch it and quit your bitching.. end of stroy

Last edited by hugen; 05-06-2012 at 10:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #32
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
+1 on the dyno ...great job OP! I for one don't have time to dyno or go to the track. So, I like to see what everyone is running via this forum that have mods since i've moded the crap out of my 135. Hell, I don't even have time for a motorcycle and have not had one since I've been married which btw has been 20 yrs and counting. I continue to renew my license hoping that one day I will have time to bike and mod it.

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #33
addict135i
Lieutenant
Rep

nice number brotha!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #34
hugen
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thank you guys =) KEN1137 keep that license! =P you never know.. I use to do the same thing.. sometimes my buddies would lend me there bikes =)
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #35
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

"Herp derp numbers don't matter" is a stupid argument. Of course it's better to have a baseline but we all know approximately what this car makes stock on mustang dynos and dynojets. We can easily get ballpark figures on the gains the mods give (within 10-15 hp).

Hugen you got some awesome numbers both times. Keep it up

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #36
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:

Have to go ahead and agree with this post.

Going 130+mph on a road just for a test is pretty immature and reckless. If you don't get pulled over and raped over a ticket, could lose control of the vehicle on public roads or something more drastic. It's just not worth it. Regardless of going to the track to test out the performance of a car, you have a dyno. Dyno is just numbers, sure....but at least it gives you a view point of the power you put down between RPMs. Again, dynos can be very misleading; some show higher numbers, some show lower, etc. But who really cares that much? It's not like you're trying to build the fastest 135i out there and compete with people.

Nice numbers. Are you planning on doing anything else to the car or are you done with the performance aspect of the car for now and focusing on something else?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #37
hugen
First Lieutenant
Rep

I can truely appreciate the mature audience here who understands..Thank You =)

and im not trying to build the fastest 135 ever created lol so yeah im pretty happy with the improvements on my daily driver =)

I think this will be it maybe a meth kit if I get greedy.. but honestly I've already felt my clutch begining to slip here and there so that may not be a reality anytime soon b/c I feel like im at the limt as is. (so clutch first) and I'll have to see if its worth spending the extra money b/c I already know that the turbo's too are at its limit =(

What did I expect increasing my hp this much right? I understand the OEM clutch wasn't made to handle this much HP so im not complaining =P

As far as further plans I've got a nice set of Eibach Multi Pro R2's on it and Work 19x9 and 19x10 wheels on it which can be seen here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=684417

I had to add on a muffler b/c I've gotten pulled over several times, so I bought a Supra application muffler laying around my buddies place which was going on his 800hp IS300 (2jz-gte +v160) =) but i'll have to get a resonator b/c it has created drone at this point =(
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #38
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 2010

Sounds insane
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -TC Kline SA coilovers /camber plates- HP rear toe arms
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #39
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai2008 View Post

400+hp means nothing, you can make any car have 400+hp on a dyno....
Real world driving/racing is what matters. Get some trap or 60-130mph.
LOL what a load of crap. Sure, lemme get my neighbor's prius at 400+hp. Someone is hating HARDCORE.

GJ on the numbers OP.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #40
Jai2008
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammonia View Post
LOL what a load of crap. Sure, lemme get my neighbor's prius at 400+hp. Someone is hating HARDCORE.

GJ on the numbers OP.
Did you forget to hit the "submit reply" button a year ago? lol. Happy now? my Yarius dyno.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jai2008; 04-21-2013 at 03:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #41
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

rofl

yea my bad didnt see the necro. Great power curve btw
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #42
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Did you forget to hit the "submit reply" button a year ago? lol. Happy now? my Yarius dyno.
LMFAO; this has to be the best damn dyno chart I've ever seen!

Great numbers BTW; I appreciate the fact that you are posting them because it kind of gives me an idea on where I'm at since we have similar mods but haven't had the chance to get on a dyno.
      04-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #43
fullboost
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 DCT

lol @ the Yaris Dyno
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #44
P7X
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6MT

Quote:
Ya there's no real point to him modding his car, those results aren't even real probably drawn on the monitor..... after a quick glance at your recent posts Jai and looking at ur mods Im guessing your dyno results would be:

j/k you're not a Dbag, OP nice numbers
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread