BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

08-08-2022, 08:29 PM   #1101
nah dude
Pingu
Rep
Drives: White V8 Sedan Car

Anyone hear back about the popping and clicking yet?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 11:28 PM   #1102
JOJO82
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nah dude View Post
Pretty sure that was already answered, you need to secure the most connection going to the p2000 with a cable tie....someone will correct me if I'm mistaken.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 12:32 AM   #1103
simrit.athwal
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i 2011 n55

Coming from the Porsche Macan forum about this issue. I also tried the "fix" to hold down the MOST fiber, and it didn't work. This seems to be an issue with the DSP on the mr12volt box.

However, no issues were present when I returned to the PCM (main nav radio). This further backs up my point of the mr12volt DSP being bunk.

I have contacted them, and they have passed the info onto the engineers. Personally, I think it's a bad batch. A bunch of guys on the Macan forums are having the same issue, except for the ones that have preordered the unit.

JOJO82 nah dude
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 12:45 AM   #1104
nah dude
Pingu
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJO82 View Post
Pretty sure that was already answered, you need to secure the most connection going to the p2000 with a cable tie....someone will correct me if I'm mistaken.
Yeah that's not working for some people. Myself and the person who replied after you.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 04:45 AM   #1105
JOJO82
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Yeah that's not working for some people. Myself and the person who replied after you.
Ah that's not good to hear...out of curiosity is yours CIC version or CCC?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 08:24 AM   #1106
gaebkeeler
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i LCI

Quote:
The instructions about needing to disconnect the CD changer are incorrect...I still have my CD changer connected and didn't need to use the loop bypass cable and everything works fine, I select CD1 for the P2000.

I even reached out to MR12VOLT and let him know that I didn't need the loop cable as per their instructions and he said if it's working just leave it.

I suggest you plug it all back in and don't use the loop bypass.
Putting everything back how it was still doesn't display the CD Changer, looks like it disabled itself during installation, maybe because I accidently turned everything on while it was disconnected
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 08:58 AM   #1107
nah dude
Pingu
Rep

Quote:
Ah that's not good to hear...out of curiosity is yours CIC version or CCC?
CIC
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 06:30 PM   #1108
gaebkeeler
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i LCI

Have spent a while trying to code things and can't get it to work. CD Changer is enabled and everything looks like it should but nada... Anyone know of any good coders in the South West of England?..
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2022, 03:28 AM   #1109
danbav
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 330i, 335i. Golf GTI mk1

Quote:
I’ve secured the most cable, now no movement at all. I’ve used cable/zip ties. My clicking noise seems to have improved but not gone completely. Clicking is much less frequent.

Support did get back to me and are looking further into the issue. I had both a preorder unit and a replacement unit, both have the same issue.

I still suspect the most connector in the unit has some sort of issue. The securing method may help but it does not completely resolve.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 07:12 AM   #1110
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbav View Post
I’ve secured the most cable, now no movement at all. I’ve used cable/zip ties. My clicking noise seems to have improved but not gone completely. Clicking is much less frequent.

Support did get back to me and are looking further into the issue. I had both a preorder unit and a replacement unit, both have the same issue.

I still suspect the most connector in the unit has some sort of issue. The securing method may help but it does not completely resolve.
Are you securing the unit to anything? Check all of the other MOST connectors to see if they are loose. Sounds like any giggling around will cause it.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 12:41 PM   #1111
nah dude
Pingu
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Are you securing the unit to anything? Check all of the other MOST connectors to see if they are loose. Sounds like any giggling around will cause it.
The thing is man we shouldn't have to use zip ties to hold the connectors together. It's in the car and it's gonna move with bumps and its just not a good solution.

The connectors or something in the fiber connections are faulty. This is a defective product. I hope the vendor will address the issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 12:43 PM   #1112
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
The thing is man we shouldn't have to use zip ties to hold the connectors together. It's in the car and it's gonna move with bumps and its just not a good solution.

The connectors or something in the fiber connections are faulty. This is a defective product. I hope the vendor will address the issue.
Are any of the factory modules not secured?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 12:48 PM   #1113
winrahr
Rep
Drives: N/A

FWIW, I have the new P2000 unit and all my MOST connections clicked in securely. I didn't even consider the possibility of it not being a secure fit.

Did you check if the cable isn't kinked or loose on the other 2 ends?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 12:58 PM   #1114
nah dude
Pingu
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Are any of the factory modules not secured?
They're all good. This problem is widely documented in this thread. There's a guy a few posts back who joined from the porsche forum to say this issue is widespread over there. It's not just me, but I appreciate the insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winrahr View Post
FWIW, I have the new P2000 unit and all my MOST connections clicked in securely. I didn't even consider the possibility of it not being a secure fit.

Did you check if the cable isn't kinked or loose on the other 2 ends?
They're all good. Move the MOST connector around on the end that plugs into the blue box itself. It has more play in it than it should. Lots of folks have posted about it.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2022, 10:45 PM   #1115
georgebmwM3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.00]
2017 Camaro ZL1  [0.00]
Quote:
They're all good. This problem is widely documented in this thread. There's a guy a few posts back who joined from the porsche forum to say this issue is widespread over there. It's not just me, but I appreciate the insight.

They're all good. Move the MOST connector around on the end that plugs into the blue box itself. It has more play in it than it should. Lots of folks have posted about it.
I hope they come up with an adaptor the secures the fitting.

Last edited by georgebmwM3; 08-15-2022 at 07:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2022, 11:02 PM   #1116
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by simrit.athwal View Post
Coming from the Porsche Macan forum about this issue. I also tried the "fix" to hold down the MOST fiber, and it didn't work. This seems to be an issue with the DSP on the mr12volt box.

However, no issues were present when I returned to the PCM (main nav radio). This further backs up my point of the mr12volt DSP being bunk.

I have contacted them, and they have passed the info onto the engineers. Personally, I think it's a bad batch. A bunch of guys on the Macan forums are having the same issue, except for the ones that have preordered the unit.

JOJO82 nah dude
Do you have a link to the porsche forum thread? Would be an interesting read.

This may just be a coincidence, but my unit was also a pre-order. I've tried to listen for this issue, and I seemingly don't have it. The behavior isn't any different than the original p2000.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 05:13 AM   #1117
legomanx51v
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

So I posted earlier about how securing the connector (with floss!) improved things for me.

An update:
I'm finding now that there is still some crackling noise, and at times I lose the fibre-optic connection completely, which stops the P2000 interface from working at all.
When I tried to re-seat the connector and tighten it again I found it very hard to get into a position where it would be stable. I tried cable ties and even just holding the connector down hard to test if it would work.

From my testing it seems when you move the fibre-optic line that brings the signal IN you get all the problems. The fibre-optic line that takes the signal OUT from the P2000 seems to be able to move without much issues.
I've tried modifying the plastic housing of the connector to make it tighter, or to make the gap between the fibre-optic lines smaller and it's still very temperamental.
I've also tried a different new fibre-optic cable completely.
I'm convinced that some P2000s have a bad MOST female socket connector...

The reason I say this is because I have a 2x P2000 units for an Audi (first unit had no bluetooth and I got a replacement), and I don't see how the MOST connection is significantly better there, yet they work perfectly. My Audi units were pre-order too, but coincidence?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 10:10 AM   #1118
nah dude
Pingu
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomanx51v View Post
So I posted earlier about how securing the connector (with floss!) improved things for me.

An update:
I'm finding now that there is still some crackling noise, and at times I lose the fibre-optic connection completely, which stops the P2000 interface from working at all.
When I tried to re-seat the connector and tighten it again I found it very hard to get into a position where it would be stable. I tried cable ties and even just holding the connector down hard to test if it would work.

From my testing it seems when you move the fibre-optic line that brings the signal IN you get all the problems. The fibre-optic line that takes the signal OUT from the P2000 seems to be able to move without much issues.
I've tried modifying the plastic housing of the connector to make it tighter, or to make the gap between the fibre-optic lines smaller and it's still very temperamental.

The reason I say this is because I have a 2x P2000 units for an Audi (first unit had no bluetooth and I got a replacement), and I don't see how the MOST connection is significantly better there, yet they work perfectly. My Audi units were pre-order too, but coincidence?
Yeah I don't know, if we're having to use floss I'd say this harness is defective and the manufacturer should replace it.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 02:25 PM   #1119
nah dude
Pingu
Rep

Yeah now getting MOST ring break errors in code scanner. This MOST splitter harness is junk. I found these are sold on eBay/Amazon/all over the internet by what looks like the same manufacturer so I don’t think mr12volt actually built this component. But it is odd the one guy says his Audi box doesn’t have this problem because they all use the same MOST splitter.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 04:47 PM   #1120
danbav
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 330i, 335i. Golf GTI mk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomanx51v View Post

An update:

Can you post a pic of the Audi p2000 DSP version socket? How does that compare to the cic version?

For example the new CIC DSP socket is different to the one on the older cic lights hardware version that did not have the problem, see one of my previous posts.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 07:01 PM   #1121
dylim
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwankel View Post
Put the supplied microphone in the empty slot next to the factory microphone. Most report that the mic splitter option does not work with the P2000, so I wouldn't even bother.
For me the factory mic somehow works for taking calls. I didn't have to change any settings. I did plug in the provided mic, but when I put it in the cigarette lighter tray and close the lid, to my surprise I was still able to talk on the phone!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 12:21 AM   #1122
nah dude
Pingu
Rep

Def noticed over the years that vendors on these forums tend to get away with a lot for whatever reason (maybe due to vendor sponsorships and the moderator censorship that comes with that) and folks don't seem to push back when a product is questionable or at worst, faulty.

I find this clipping/popping really irritating and it annoys the shit out of my wife, because it sounds like rocks hitting the windshield when you're at speed. The Carplay interface is nice of course, but that is the same utility provided by every other Carplay interface available for this platform. The audio side is what I would assume attracted most people to this device, but with the MOST bus interruptions it is bordering ununsable.

Since a few people chimed in that this topic was being discussed on the Porsche forums, I checked out the threads over there. We have not been as pushy and demanding as the Porsche folks have and I found two threads detailing the issue and the demand that was made to the vendor that it be fixed.

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...l#post18301184

https://www.macanforum.com/threads/m...4#post-2714169

Those are the specific posts but others chimed in as well. Apparently mr12volt are well aware of the issue and are targetting an early September fix, so we will see.
Appreciate 0