F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Studio RSR

06-15-2023, 08:48 AM   #11815
wfaz
Rep
Drives: E92 M Sport

Just installed the DroidUK product. All seems pretty good but one main gripe is the "ok google" seems to barely pick up my voice, I practically have to shout for it to detect and then it clearly can't hear me properly. It's like it's not using the car microphone for that. Any chance this is true? In which case what would it be using, my phone microphone maybe? Anyone else had this?
thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2023, 06:31 AM   #11816
ZEDish
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mini F56

Hi All,

I'll leave this link here in case anyone needs it.

Andream just replied to my message.

Download link(v3.6.0.5.gpe.b2):
https://mega.nz/file/udp3BKLR#Pvz5Oz...NbnRK_28isiFHk
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2023, 10:33 AM   #11817
dearman
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Black Screen : 2014 BMW X3 (F25) NBT

Problem: The CarPlay interface now just displays a black screen

Background:
  • 11/27/2021 - Bought/Installed MMI (EW-BMCP-NBT04X) from AIOCOAI Official Store
  • 5/2023 - MMI quit working….. Only showed black screen
  • --I also tested with an older iPhone/IOS version with same results.
  • --Tried loading a new version of firmware via the ISPBOOOT.BIN method. Could see it reading from the USB drive but didnt solve the problem.
  • 6/14/2023 - Bought new MMI from Andream Store ( https://www.android-car-dvd.com/) assuming the the first MMI had gone bad.
  • --Andream requested & verified my VIN to ensure I was ordering the right unit

Current Status:
  • Disconnected the Car Battery
  • Replaced MMI unit including the Wire harnesses & cables
  • Verified DIP switches ( 1-3 on, others off)
  • Reconnected the Car Battery
  • Switching to the MMI still results in a black screen

What works:
  • BMW iDrive Display
  • BMW iDrive Controls
  • --Menu Button switches between OEM & Carplay
  • --Back button seems to reboot the MMI (the screen goes back to the BMW screen and then several seconds later goes back to the black MMI screen)
  • Wifi, BT and USB connectivity to the MMI
  • --The iPhone “Settings->Car play” will show and connect to the MMI
  • iPhone appears to see & connect to CarPlay
  • --If I bring up apple maps on my phone and select directions, it brings up just the turn by turn on the phone (vs the normal map display)
  • Note: I also tested with an older iPhone/IOS version with same results.

What doesnt work:
  • Display : Car Play interface is black but seems to get a signal (ie it looks like there is some signal
  • Music : No music is played even though when I switch CarPlay, the music stops playing on my iPhone…. It seems to see the CarPlay device but I cannot hear the music from the BMW

Questions:
  • Any suggestions?
  • Anyone know what the pinout for the “CAN Power” plug so I can verify the MMI it is getting proper power/ground.
  • Anyone know what connections are necessary to bring up any kind of screen from the MMI. Even without an iphone connected, I would have expected to see some kind of UI
Thanks in advance for any suggestions…. I am now into this effort for $500 and 8+ hours trying to debug :-(

Last edited by dearman; 06-17-2023 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: Cleanup formatting
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2023, 09:18 AM   #11818
videodj
Rep
Drives: BMW E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfegram View Post
Hi there! I installed Andream (CIC version) on my E63. CAN bus is connected in-line between the iDrive controller and the car.

Generally it works, but after getting in the car the MMI unit does not work for a while, like 30-60 seconds until CarPlay appears on the screen. Till then I can't control CIC, but I see the OEM picture. Is there a fix for it?
Did you ever resolve this? I have the same issue and same MCU version.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2023, 01:34 AM   #11819
Sally63
Rep
Drives: BMW f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfaz View Post
Just installed the DroidUK product. All seems pretty good but one main gripe is the "ok google" seems to barely pick up my voice, I practically have to shout for it to detect and then it clearly can't hear me properly. It's like it's not using the car microphone for that. Any chance this is true? In which case what would it be using, my phone microphone maybe? Anyone else had this?
thanks
Hi,

This is most likely a problem with the microphone.
You first need to know if the device has a built-in microphone, or whether it supports an external microphone. Maybe so Google can hear you. Of course, if your car has original car bluetooth, you can try it with the original car microphone, but I don't know if it will work. Maybe you can ask the seller if it supports it.
I'm using andream's device, I guess this should be about the same. Hope this helps you.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2023, 07:44 AM   #11820
JBH6612
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 430i coupe M package 6 sp

Garage List
2017 BMW 430i  [0.00]
Is there a non-Chinese made option for the box? Really don’t want to install Chinese electronics
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2023, 09:10 AM   #11821
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH6612 View Post
Is there a non-Chinese made option for the box? Really don’t want to install Chinese electronics
To be honest with you, almost ALL second generation electronics or any that are sold at a substancial discount are Chinese made hardware. Unfortunately due to the global supply chain, there is no way around this. Coperations will always look towards cheaper and cheaper manufacturers of their products. And unfortunately, in reality you can't get much cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 03:42 AM   #11822
Paul0417
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oris4 View Post
Sorry forgot to include the questions that I couldn’t get answers for. Appreciate any help

I’m currently running nbt and issues are:

1)I can’t get back to settings menu of mmi unless I disconnect my phone and restart the mmi

2)long press of menu takes me to idrive but will not stay in idrive, within ten-twenty seconds the CarPlay screen pops back up

3)iPhone mirroring won’t utilize full screen, shows black bars on both sides.
1. For this question, you can make a video of the problem and send it to Andream.
2. Same like above.
3. This is normal.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 04:07 AM   #11823
eltech
Private
Russia
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oris4 View Post
Sorry forgot to include the questions that I couldn’t get answers for. Appreciate any help

I’m currently running nbt and issues are:

1)I can’t get back to settings menu of mmi unless I disconnect my phone and restart the mmi
Double click "Back" button.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 08:29 AM   #11824
videodj
Rep
Drives: BMW E87

Does anyone have issues with their MMI fitted to a retrofitted CIC? I retrofitted a CIC unit and it all works fine, I wired the CID and controller directly to the quadlock. When I add the MMI, sometimes on startup the controller does not work and the MMI gives a CAN error, then after a few minutes it all starts working.

Does it matter where they are wired into the canbus? I've checked all the wiring and can't find an issues, idrive works fine on it's own, I was leading towards and issue with my MMI, but was wondering if I need to relocate my canbus connections from the quadlock?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 02:59 PM   #11825
apson83
Rep
Drives: F31 320d

Hello everyone. I have a problem with the sos system. There is an error on the board. Below are the errors that I can't remove:
B7F337 - microphone error
B7F8C3 - head to cid. Connection error
B7F8CB - CID

My ver. mmi:
MCU Version 20.10.10.110
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 03:08 PM   #11826
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by apson83 View Post
Hello everyone. I have a problem with the sos system. There is an error on the board. Below are the errors that I can't remove:
B7F337 - microphone error
B7F8C3 - head to cid. Connection error
B7F8CB - CID

My ver. mmi:
MCU Version 20.10.10.110
most of those errors are normal with the mmi box. the system sees a non-oem device and throws an error. I get these errors in ista but there is no problem. if you remove the box, they’ll go away. you’ll have to live with those errors whenever you run a scan.

i don’t have any sos error
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 03:14 PM   #11827
apson83
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homersbud View Post
most of those errors are normal with the mmi box. the system sees a non-oem device and throws an error. I get these errors in ista but there is no problem. if you remove the box, they’ll go away. you’ll have to live with those errors whenever you run a scan.

i don’t have any sos error
I have a sos system error displaying on my instrument cluster
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 03:16 PM   #11828
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have a sos system error displaying on my instrument cluster
if you remove the mmi box, does it go away? you didn’t post what box you have, just mcu which doesn’t help anyone.

remove box, chk if error goes away then re-install box. the mcu/firmware has nothing to do with this error.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 03:30 PM   #11829
apson83
Rep

Quote:
if you remove the mmi box, does it go away? you didn’t post what box you have, just mcu which doesn’t help anyone.

remove box, chk if error goes away then re-install box. the mcu/firmware has nothing to do with this error.
SDK Version: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST Version: EW_B2_1.6.9R3_n
MCU Version: 22.10.10.110
HW Version: B_N2_1_G

I have two microphones in the car. I connected the cables to microphone No. 1 (driver). I think an error is generated here.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 03:37 PM   #11830
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I have two microphones in the car. I connected the cables to microphone No. 1 (driver). I think an error is generated here.
unless you have an older bmw - CIC - you don’t need to do anything with the microphone as it’s all part of the quad lock.

i’d connect the microphone how it was. that cable that comes with the device for the mic is not needed. at least wasnt for my NBT (2016).
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 03:47 PM   #11831
apson83
Rep

Quote:
unless you have an older bmw - CIC - you don’t need to do anything with the microphone as it’s all part of the quad lock.

i’d connect the microphone how it was. that cable that comes with the device for the mic is not needed. at least wasnt for my NBT (2016).
I have a nbt, car from 2014.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 03:48 PM   #11832
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have a nbt, car from 2014.
use the quad lock for mic - no need to do anything with the mic themselves. connect them how they were prior to installation.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 07:02 PM   #11833
Jenly Tang
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by videodj View Post
Does anyone have issues with their MMI fitted to a retrofitted CIC? I retrofitted a CIC unit and it all works fine, I wired the CID and controller directly to the quadlock. When I add the MMI, sometimes on startup the controller does not work and the MMI gives a CAN error, then after a few minutes it all starts working.

Does it matter where they are wired into the canbus? I've checked all the wiring and can't find an issues, idrive works fine on it's own, I was leading towards and issue with my MMI, but was wondering if I need to relocate my canbus connections from the quadlock?
Hello mate,

You can try to turn off the Can protocol in the settings.Name:  Can协议.png
Views: 767
Size:  648.5 KB
Appreciate 1
fe7565557.50
      06-20-2023, 09:19 PM   #11834
Tina*
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:

Hello, some cars should not be connected to the microphone adapter cable, but if you connect it, the sos problem will occur. There is also the problem that the fiber optic cable is not connected properly. Please disconnect the microphone adapter cable and check the connection of the optical fiber cable.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 11:54 PM   #11835
apson83
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina* View Post
Hello, some cars should not be connected to the microphone adapter cable, but if you connect it, the sos problem will occur. There is also the problem that the fiber optic cable is not connected properly. Please disconnect the microphone adapter cable and check the connection of the optical fiber cable.
you were right. I plugged the microphone into the original cable and the error is gone. I only have one error: B7F8CB
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 05:53 AM   #11836
apson83
Rep

Quote:
you were right. I plugged the microphone into the original cable and the error is gone. I only have one error: B7F8CB
The seller recommended that I update the box.

MCU
NBT : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rqz...ew?usp=sharing

I'm afraid this is older software. The seller does not guarantee that the error will disappear.
Appreciate 0