F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F36
proTUNING Freaks

02-01-2020, 09:59 AM   #111
Icecph
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by F36GC_NYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecph View Post
Ugh I don't think I have the space haha was thinking I might do it in the residence parking space
Or maybe wait until my bumper got some serious damage (which happened never) 😂

Having a car jack would be easier to install for sure
I'm still pondering whether to just get a front splitter or getting a whole new bumper...
i would save up and get either the m3/m4 bumper oem or "style(aftermarket)" or the m performance again same oem or aftermarket.

After that then figure out what splitter you want to attach to it.
Hell, I already regret that I should've travel further to get 440 GC, M sport package, the color I wanted (black), half the mileage, even got the rims and a couple tweaks. Only around 3-4 grand above...but didn't have the means of transportation and was in need of a new ride. Fml lol
Maybe I'll replace my 430GC for 440 GC in a couple years, which is why I'm thinking not spending too much on modifying the ride for now.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 10:05 AM   #112
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EB 435GC xdrive

Quote:
Hell, I already regret that I should've travel further to get 440 GC, M sport package, the color I wanted (black), half the mileage, even got the rims and a couple tweaks. Only around 3-4 grand above...but didn't have the means of transportation and was in need of a new ride. Fml lol
Maybe I'll replace my 430GC for 440 GC in a couple years, which is why I'm thinking not spending too much on modifying the ride for now.
whats done is done... decide if you can sell this now and get yourself into a 440.

or just stick with this and do the best you can to enjoy it because ill tell you right now, you will end up spending a few thousand just on performance and aesthetics alone when you start modding.

even if you take a loss NOW, i would rather use whatever you planned on spending on the 430 on the new car. as the loss.

if you just bought it see if the dealership will work with you on upgrading your purchase and you pay the difference... or look into other dealerships and see what they will offer you. trade that in and get the 440.
      02-01-2020, 11:16 AM   #113
Icecph
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
whats done is done... decide if you can sell this now and get yourself into a 440.

or just stick with this and do the best you can to enjoy it because ill tell you right now, you will end up spending a few thousand just on performance and aesthetics alone when you start modding.

even if you take a loss NOW, i would rather use whatever you planned on spending on the 430 on the new car. as the loss.

if you just bought it see if the dealership will work with you on upgrading your purchase and you pay the difference... or look into other dealerships and see what they will offer you. trade that in and get the 440.
Hmm thanks so much for bringing me some different perspective. I actually never thought of asking other (or that specific) dealership of trading in and upgrading it to the 440. Wouldn't hurt to ask first and see what needs to be done,
The same dealership doesn't have a 440 to my preference, and was under time pressure, which is why I got the 430, the only one that's closest to my liking...
I'd assume additional 2 year dealership service warranty would also increase the value
Gotta prépare to remove the small trims i did then 😂
Appreciate 1
F36GC_NYC159.50
      02-01-2020, 11:19 AM   #114
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

Quote:

There is no way I'll take a $5k -10k lost on my car. Hell NO, it doesn't matter that I have money... I would rather go vacation.

Just go get BM3 flash and drive the car. $600 make it fun.... but you still get stuck in traffic.
Appreciate 1
F36GC_NYC159.50
      02-01-2020, 11:25 AM   #115
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post

There is no way I'll take a $5k -10k lost on my car. Hell NO, it doesn't matter that I have money... I would rather go vacation.

Just go get BM3 flash and drive the car. $600 make it fun.... but you still get stuck in traffic.
im hoping since he just got the car and is willing to get a new car from them(dealership), they will give him what he owes on the car, so no loss there, but will owe more for the new car... which isnt completely bad...right? since thats what he wants now

Last edited by F36GC_NYC; 02-01-2020 at 11:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 11:35 AM   #116
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
im hoping since he just go the car and is willing to get a new car from them(dealership), they will give him what he owes on the car, so no loss there, but will owe more for the new car... which isnt completely bad...right? since thats what he wants now
That would be a big hope.... that would make an awesome dealer

I understand... I would love to get on an M340i too. If i can only break even
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 11:50 AM   #117
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That would be a big hope.... that would make an awesome dealer

I understand... I would love to get on an M340i too. If i can only break even
i dont think he will break even, BUT he plans on spending money on the car, why not use that money towards the slight loss and upgrade to the car he really wants....
      02-01-2020, 11:50 AM   #118
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranto300 View Post
With TRACK HANDLING package
if the interior was RED.....

otherwise Perfect

and missing two doors
      02-01-2020, 12:06 PM   #119
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Anyway... love my 428i GC, I'm not crazy anymore about going fast... just cruising mountain pass nowadays
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 12:11 PM   #120
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Anyway... love my 428i GC, I'm not crazy anymore about going fast... just cruising mountain pass nowadays
as much as i love to speed, i cannot AFFORD to get caught going fast anymore...THAT SAID

i love the off the line acceleration to the next red light or stop sign.

esp the sound!
      02-01-2020, 12:22 PM   #121
Taranto300
Banned
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
I rented your car and drove it to 130mph. On the AUTOBAHN.

That 4 banger Purred like a kitten. Awesome
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 01:33 PM   #122
Icecph
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Bahaha well, we all have different preferences.
I'm not hoping anything really, breaking even isn't in the equation anyways, but it doesn't hurt to ask and know how much difference there's be.
Worse comes to worst, I'll stick with my 430 and mod it, then many years later I'll get a car that is actually what I want😂
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 01:38 PM   #123
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hmm thanks so much for bringing me some different perspective. I actually never thought of asking other (or that specific) dealership of trading in and upgrading it to the 440. Wouldn't hurt to ask first and see what needs to be done,
The same dealership doesn't have a 440 to my preference, and was under time pressure, which is why I got the 430, the only one that's closest to my liking...
I'd assume additional 2 year dealership service warranty would also increase the value
Gotta prépare to remove the small trims i did then 😂
most dealerships want you to sign up for another car loan, so if they will buy your car for whatever is left on it and apply that to your new car (granted some money may be lost) it saves you in the long run having to find all the parts and then do the install.... just an option worth looking into.
      02-01-2020, 01:41 PM   #124
Icecph
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

im hoping since he just got the car and is willing to get a new car from them(dealership), they will give him what he owes on the car, so no loss there, but will owe more for the new car... which isnt completely bad...right? since thats what he wants now
That is true, just no hopes no expectations, the less disappointment. I'd be lucky if the dealership is willing to lower the difference, if not, that's life.
Potentially I do SAVE more with modding instead of upgrading.
But hell, the more I look at the price of different listings, the more I felt ripped off by local dealership with the same model and similar features, but lesser mileage. Lesson learned.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 01:45 PM   #125
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Bahaha well, we all have different preferences.
I'm not hoping anything really, breaking even isn't in the equation anyways, but it doesn't hurt to ask and know how much difference there's be.
Worse comes to worst, I'll stick with my 430 and mod it, then many years later I'll get a car that is actually what I want😂
exactly... since your THINKING about the mods which like i said its not cheap... add it all up and then get some figures on what it would cost to trade this in for a 440.

compare the two and then make a decision.

and worse case your STILL in a BMW GC. like gen13 said. without going too crazy just add the bm3 for a lil more power and call it a day (IF you felt you were even lacking power to begin with). maybe looks is more important to you. EITHER WAY once you start heavily modifying a car(looks and or performance) it gets expensive.....

so unlike this recent purchase, think LONG and hard before you pull the trigger again.
      02-01-2020, 01:48 PM   #126
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That is true, just no hopes no expectations, the less disappointment. I'd be lucky if the dealership is willing to lower the difference, if not, that's life.
Potentially I do SAVE more with modding instead of upgrading.
But hell, the more I look at the price of different listings, the more I felt ripped off by local dealership with the same model and similar features, but lesser mileage. Lesson learned.
dont worry i did the same thing back in 2008. lol i was way to young and impatient and inexperienced.

as i said before you live and you learn.
      02-01-2020, 01:51 PM   #127
Icecph
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

most dealerships want you to sign up for another car loan, so if they will buy your car for whatever is left on it and apply that to your new car (granted some money may be lost) it saves you in the long run having to find all the parts and then do the install.... just an option worth looking into.
Yea I understand it's just another option at hand. Which is good, because options are sometimes, the more the merrier. Just like money haha
Like I said, could get the one I really want in the future without loads of concerns. But until then..I'll stick to what I have already :')
Appreciate 1
F36GC_NYC159.50
      02-01-2020, 02:13 PM   #128
Icecph
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

exactly... since your THINKING about the mods which like i said its not cheap... add it all up and then get some figures on what it would cost to trade this in for a 440.

compare the two and then make a decision.

and worse case your STILL in a BMW GC. like gen13 said. without going too crazy just add the bm3 for a lil more power and call it a day (IF you felt you were even lacking power to begin with). maybe looks is more important to you. EITHER WAY once you start heavily modifying a car(looks and or performance) it gets expensive.....

so unlike this recent purchase, think LONG and hard before you pull the trigger again.
Mmm I don't think imma do heavy modifications. Looks and comfortability is more important for me, power tuning not so much.
Initially test drove the 440i because that's what I want and felt the difference after testing 430.
Bmost times you don't need it, thanks to all the traffic regulations.

I guess its the feeling of relatively similar pricing between the 2 models, and could've gotten the higher tier and without much modifying.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 02:21 PM   #129
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mmm I don't think imma do heavy modifications. Looks and comfortability is more important for me, power tuning not so much.
Initially test drove the 440i because that's what I want and felt the difference after testing 430.
Bmost times you don't need it, thanks to all the traffic regulations.

I guess its the feeling of relatively similar pricing between the 2 models, and could've gotten the higher tier and without much modifying.
ok then it changes thing.. because when you combine performance and aesthetic it gets quite expensive...

stick to your 430 and look on ebay and other various website and even the classified section for the parts you need. shop smart and it shouldn't be to much of a financial burden.
      02-02-2020, 03:49 AM   #130
Icecph
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

ok then it changes thing.. because when you combine performance and aesthetic it gets quite expensive...

stick to your 430 and look on ebay and other various website and even the classified section for the parts you need. shop smart and it shouldn't be to much of a financial burden.
It does have a difference when accelerating obviously lol but mainly the looks ugh would definitely lighten up the burden if the look is the only concern
I did ask the dealership and they are willing to maximize the trade in value. But we'll see how much difference I'm expecting
Appreciate 1
F36GC_NYC159.50
      02-02-2020, 08:24 AM   #131
GrumpyRaibows
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i Gran Coupe

Hi everyone, new owner her for a 2020 430i RWD. Still can't believe I got this for 38K OTD.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-02-2020, 09:08 AM   #132
F36GC_NYC
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyRaibows View Post
Hi everyone, new owner her for a 2020 430i RWD. Still can't believe I got this for 38K OTD.
what a beauty!

how many miles? optioned well?

wtf! thats what i paid for mine a 2016 435 in 2018.