F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Android 11 / 12 /13 HU discussion
proTUNING Freaks

03-21-2023, 12:51 PM   #1431
Shamanix
Second Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: X6M E71, E63 645Ci, F01 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacur View Post
Hi, I received HU from naviFly with A12 1.0.4. Due to some minor issues i decided to upgrade firmware to latest version but step by step.
So i successfully updated to 1.0.7 and then I tried to update 1.1.4. Unfortunately without success.
After that HU is in reset loop. Only "connected drive" logo is displaying and then reboot. After one minute there is also "No signal" information before restart. OEM system view is displaying correctly.
Could anybody help me? Is it completely bricked?
I have some experience with android phones. I tried to connect ADB but windows do not see any device after connect using USB A-A cable.
I tried also SD card with 1.0.7 again without success during half hour drive.Seems that one loop time period increase in time.
Any Idea?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my English.
Your HU is not dead. Possible your bootloader is corrupted. You need to enable recovery mode.If the type of electronic circuit boards does not cause trembling, then you can quite cope on your own. Or use the services of an electrician.

Connect the power supply

It is necessary to close the contact to the housing as indicated in the picture. And turn on the HU

SD662 4/64 electrical board

HU turn on in recovery mode

Control - touch up down
Confirm - continuous movement to the right

Then you copy the firmware to the SD card. You can use 1.0.7 Nexai or try 1.2.1 Nexai. There is no need to rename the firmware.
After that, in the recovery mode menu, select Apply update from the Sd card

If neither one nor the second version of the firmware works

the second option

use 1.0.7 Nexai or try 1.2.1 Nexai

1) Download the firmware for the device and rename it to: Ksw-S-M600_OS_v-ota-only-reset-data_factory.zip
2) Format a flash drive or microSD memory card in FAT32
3) Set the volume name of the microSD card or flash drive:
_KSWOTA_
4) insert a flash drive or microSD card into the device and launch, and wait.... everything will be installed in 10 minutes, periodically the screen will blink and reboot, do not touch anything.

After downloading, Android automatically creates a file in the root of the flash drive and changes the volume name to prevent recovery mode from looping.

According to my observations, with the release of the latest firmware for A10, A11 and A12, the update order has become conditional. Someone had no problems updating A11 2.2.3 immediately to A12 1.0.7Nexai or higher. As well as the first A12 versions immediately on the last one, As well as the updated A10 to A10 3.9.4. As someone is lucky. And someone on the contrary, without the necessary order could not move forward.

UPD:
Especially happy users managed to trigger the recovery mode when the HU is turned on with the system loaded in a fairly simple way. Сopied the compressed config file in the Mac OS system to the OEM folder by standard means. Mac os creates temporary files by default when archiving. And somehow this causes an interesting reaction in some android.

Last edited by Shamanix; 03-21-2023 at 03:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 01:12 PM   #1432
Shamanix
Second Lieutenant
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly66 View Post
Oh, so when they say it will be available after 1 month that must be a newer unit. So they can't do an upgrade to a pre-installed version, I suppose. That's why they are keeping mum. I had asked about OTA/USB upgrade and no reply.

I guess I am back to square one.
Or they will bring the remains of A11 6/128 with updated firmware for ID8 by sellers from China. Or A12 8/128
If I were you, I would ask for a discount from your seller and update the firmware right during the installation of the HU in the car.
Here is a detailed instruction https://hifimaxnavi.com/blogs/news/h...oid-navigation
Firmware and config/OEM are the same for all manufacturers
Only the MCU differ

Last edited by Shamanix; 03-21-2023 at 01:19 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2023, 01:39 PM   #1433
MysticMan
Rep
Drives: Mercedes GLK 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamanix View Post
are you running out of RAM? What's wrong with this service?
It's an eyesore, especially on a dark theme, a white annoying notification that's always listening.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 01:56 PM   #1434
Shamanix
Second Lieutenant
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticMan View Post
It's an eyesore, especially on a dark theme, a white annoying notification that's always listening.
There is notification management in the settings. As well as the developer mode in android settings gives additional privileges. Disable in Advanced settings TXZAssistant

Last edited by Shamanix; 03-21-2023 at 04:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 08:08 PM   #1435
MysticMan
Rep
Drives: Mercedes GLK 350

Quote:
There is notification management in the settings. As well as the developer mode in android settings gives additional privileges. Disable in Advanced settings TXZAssistant
Have you tried it and did the notification disappear?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 08:27 PM   #1436
kelly66
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Quote:
Or they will bring the remains of A11 6/128 with updated firmware for ID8 by sellers from China. Or A12 8/128
If I were you, I would ask for a discount from your seller and update the firmware right during the installation of the HU in the car.
Here is a detailed instruction https://hifimaxnavi.com/blogs/news/h...oid-navigation
Firmware and config/OEM are the same for all manufacturers
Only the MCU differ
The local subsidiary in Blore will do the installation for me (for $60). So, they should know how to update the firmware for their own hardware at the time of installation. But they are yet to revert. They have already discounted the product. I am getting the 4/64 + trunk handle camera for $540 or 6/128 + trunk handle camera for $585. So they can't discount more.

So, I will ask them whether they can do this update at the time of installation.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 09:02 PM   #1437
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
The local subsidiary in Blore will do the installation for me (for $60). So, they should know how to update the firmware for their own hardware at the time of installation. But they are yet to revert. They have already discounted the product. I am getting the 4/64 + trunk handle camera for $540 or 6/128 + trunk handle camera for $585. So they can't discount more.

So, I will ask them whether they can do this update at the time of installation.
Firstly ask them to send you screenshots of the system info screen so you can establish whether you're getting a genuine unit or not. All the rest is completely irrelevant as any updates you can install yourself.
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2023, 01:17 AM   #1438
Shamanix
Second Lieutenant
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticMan View Post
Have you tried it and did the notification disappear?
I have TXZ Assistant turned off in advanced settings, developer mode is enabled, I am not bothered by unnecessary notifications. I only have the notifications I need displayed.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 01:42 AM   #1439
Shamanix
Second Lieutenant
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
Firstly ask them to send you screenshots of the system info screen so you can establish whether you're getting a genuine unit or not. All the rest is completely irrelevant as any updates you can install yourself.
With all that he has said, I doubt he will do anything on his own with HU. And even more so when it is written on each column, you do the update at your own risk. In fact, he doesn't need anything else besides the camera.
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2023, 01:55 AM   #1440
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
With all that he has said, I doubt he will do anything on his own with HU. And even more so when it is written on each column, you do the update at your own risk. In fact, he doesn't need anything else besides the camera.
True, but still you don't need an installer whom you pay an hourly rate to just push a button for you. Besides if that is a genuine Android 12 unit there is no need to update anything, it just needs one line added to the factory_config.xml.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 02:04 AM   #1441
Shamanix
Second Lieutenant
Russia
Rep

Quote:
True, but still you don't need an installer whom you pay an hourly rate to just push a button for you. Besides if that is a genuine Android 12 unit there is no need to update anything, it just needs one line added to the factory_config.xml.
In Russia, installers do updates for free. And sometimes, when a boot-loop occurs, a new device is installed for free.. Personally encountered

Meet https://wetransfer.com/downloads/219...2010238/aae9ac

Android 12 1.3.0. Nexai
Appreciate 1
RedErik1050.00
      03-22-2023, 02:18 AM   #1442
Persian
Rep
Drives: F30

can someone tell me if the devices have smart view/screen mirroring or a link to mirroring from devices for smartphones? If not, it would make more sense for me to upgrade to an original Bmw Id6 system with Smart View and Apple carplay. I have already retrofitted it to my F30 nbt evo but considering for my other car F31 with nbt. What is important for me is that it can be used a screen mirroring. Can someone check this in android 12 or 11 Systems. Thanks. Best regards

Last edited by Persian; 03-22-2023 at 02:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 02:33 AM   #1443
Shamanix
Second Lieutenant
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persian View Post
can someone tell me if the devices have smart view/screen mirroring or a link to mirroring from devices for smartphones? If not, it would make more sense for me to upgrade to an original Bmw Id6 system with Smart View and Apple carplay. I have already retrofitted it to my F30 nbt evo but considering for my other car F31 with nbt. What is important for me is that it can be used a screen mirroring. Can someone check this in android 12 or 11 Systems. Thanks. Best regards
Mirror Link is available in the Zlink settings
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 03:52 AM   #1444
kelly66
Private
Rep

Quote:
You are right, mate! Even though the hifi install pictures don't look too complex don't want to risk it.

Moreover, with so many queries sent to the supplier, I doubt if they will respond now. As I mentioned to RedErik earlier, my 8" Tab is doing a decent job (see pics - day/night & 3 diff positions).

My cousin is getting me the 5" monitor + camera from US in April 1st week (which I plan to keep near the ashtray - not sure if it will look good on the dash). Moreover, it will be always on (not connected to reverse light) for rear viewing. Any suggestions on where to position it is most welcome.

I can still cancel that order if the supplier (EUROCARFIT) responds positively. Actually, their factory is also in China eventhough they have a Spore address on the website. So who knows....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 04:22 AM   #1445
Persian
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Mirror Link is available in the Zlink settings
I spoke to some sellers from Alibaba, they said they don't have screen mirroring. Would it be possible to send me a picture to confirm? Are there different versions? Would it be possible to let me know where you bought it from?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 04:51 AM   #1446
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
There is a dedicated app for that, Easy Connect. I've never used Miracast on my EVO (can't be bothered with that) so I can't compare, but I did try this mirroring app on my Android back in the Android 10 days... wirelessly it was a pretty poor experience, laggy and low framerate like 10fps. Never tried hardwired connection as I was only looking what these screens can do.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 05:09 AM   #1447
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
You are right, mate! Even though the hifi install pictures don't look too complex don't want to risk it.
No offence mate, but I can't stop but wonder, how did you get that far with your tablet anyways? I mean if you can install an app from Play Store and setup RealDash, you're more than capable of copying a file to USB and pressing one button on the screen. I'm not encouraging anyone to install update, but not because it's complicated.

Quote:
As I mentioned to RedErik earlier, my 8" Tab is doing a decent job (see pics - day/night & 3 diff positions).
Completely not my cup of tea, but as I said before, whatever floats your boat buddy.
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2023, 08:48 AM   #1448
kelly66
Private
Rep

Quote:
No offence mate, but I can't stop but wonder, how did you get that far with your tablet anyways? I mean if you can install an app from Play Store and setup RealDash, you're more than capable of copying a file to USB and pressing one button on the screen. I'm not encouraging anyone to install update, but not because it's complicated.
Hey, I am pretty ok with copying files/doing updates (I have also rooted my phone in the past), but we need to get to that stage right? This effin supplier is not responding now. Without the system info screen or a confirmation that he will give ID8 via an update after 1 month I can't go ahead, thanks to the education by you guys :-)

The risk (hardware not software) I was referring to is buying the unit say Hifimax and doing the entire install by myself including prying open the facia,cables, etc. I remember seeing a video by Kies Motorsports with all those T20s, T30s, etc. I know you guys are there if I am stuck, but still...

BTW, even if I have to buy from hifi...I didn't see an F30 LCI trunk handle camera for 2016 mfg. (https://hifimaxnavi.com/collections/car-camera)

Do these guys have any periodic sale or coupon codes?

I couldn't find any ALS version (https://hifimaxnavi.com/products/bmw...39463836516446)

Moreover, I won't get warranty in India if I import.

Would you recommend the 4/64 with ID8 and Android 12 from EUROCARFIT without seeing the system info screen?

Last edited by kelly66; 03-22-2023 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 08:57 AM   #1449
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Without the supplier info screen or a confirmation that he will give ID8 via an update after 1 month I can't go ahead.
As I said before, if they say that this 6/128 unit doesn't support ID8 it means either it's a fake or they have no clue what they're talking about. Every single genuine A12 unit comes with ID8 by default. If that doesn't, most likely it's a fake so I wouldn't bother waiting on update and simply pass on this one.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2023, 05:37 AM   #1450
Shamanix
Second Lieutenant
Russia
Rep

Quote:

Okay, I'll post the photos tonight
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2023, 09:01 AM   #1451
gacur
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520d

Quote:
Your HU is not dead. Possible your bootloader is corrupted. You need to enable recovery mode.If the type of electronic circuit boards does not cause trembling, then you can quite cope on your own. Or use the services of an electrician.

Connect the power supply

It is necessary to close the contact to the housing as indicated in the picture. And turn on the HU

SD662 4/64 electrical board

HU turn on in recovery mode

Control - touch up down
Confirm - continuous movement to the right

Then you copy the firmware to the SD card. You can use 1.0.7 Nexai or try 1.2.1 Nexai. There is no need to rename the firmware.
After that, in the recovery mode menu, select Apply update from the Sd card

If neither one nor the second version of the firmware works

the second option

use 1.0.7 Nexai or try 1.2.1 Nexai

1) Download the firmware for the device and rename it to: Ksw-S-M600_OS_v-ota-only-reset-data_factory.zip
2) Format a flash drive or microSD memory card in FAT32
3) Set the volume name of the microSD card or flash drive:
_KSWOTA_
4) insert a flash drive or microSD card into the device and launch, and wait.... everything will be installed in 10 minutes, periodically the screen will blink and reboot, do not touch anything.

After downloading, Android automatically creates a file in the root of the flash drive and changes the volume name to prevent recovery mode from looping.

According to my observations, with the release of the latest firmware for A10, A11 and A12, the update order has become conditional. Someone had no problems updating A11 2.2.3 immediately to A12 1.0.7Nexai or higher. As well as the first A12 versions immediately on the last one, As well as the updated A10 to A10 3.9.4. As someone is lucky. And someone on the contrary, without the necessary order could not move forward.

UPD:
Especially happy users managed to trigger the recovery mode when the HU is turned on with the system loaded in a fairly simple way. Сopied the compressed config file in the Mac OS system to the OEM folder by standard means. Mac os creates temporary files by default when archiving. And somehow this causes an interesting reaction in some android.
Thank you for yoour help.
I have another issue during package veryfication i have notification that footer is wrong. Please see attached photo.
Any idea? What i did wrong? I already tried with 1.0.7, 1.1.4, 1.1.7...
I tried with original name and also changed to : ...ota-only....zip

Thank you for any sugestion.

Best regards,
Jacek
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2023, 09:38 AM   #1452
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gacur View Post
Thank you for yoour help.
I have another issue during package veryfication i have notification that footer is wrong. Please see attached photo.
Any idea? What i did wrong? I already tried with 1.0.7, 1.1.4, 1.1.7...
I tried with original name and also changed to : ...ota-only....zip

Thank you for any sugestion.

Best regards,
Jacek
Try 1.2.0 non Nexai version. It was the first publicly released package for Android 12 and original transition version.
Appreciate 0