E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ►►►►► **NWS** UK Section : Nurburgring Trip 6th-8th Sept 08 : SIGN UP HERE ◀◀◀◀◀

08-23-2008, 08:27 AM   #177
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Regarding insurance? Just ring them and tell em im going to the ring?
      08-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #178
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Sorry i didnt reply to your post Carlos, i was away with my family on holiday, got back a day ago. Im staying at the hotel i stay in when i go with my bike - its a biker hotel - but really comfy and very friendly - and they know me really well etc. We can all have a good chat about where and when to meet etc when we are at Snett on friday. I really cant wait for both Snett and the Ring - but the only thing thats making me nervous is how my wifes going to be in the car with me on the run down to the Ring??? She hates me driving too fast and it always causes a bloody argument!! I just hope i dont get left behind and end up driving down on my own. Maybe we could have an agreement that if the main convoy blasts off and starts doing crazy overtakes etc then after say a few miles they ease up and wait for the slower cars to catch back up again - is that a possibility?? Its not a big issue but it will spoil it for me as the best bit for me is the drive down and back in convoy!! Its going to be like the bloody Gumball rally!!!
      08-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #179
Ant397
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 4.8is, Lambo Gallardo

Just thought i'd put a post and wish you all the best and have a great time lads, but I wont be able to make it.

As some of you know, Angela is due to have our little one on the 7th Sept and I have been winding down the past month or so... But from October onwards, we will back to normal with the meeting and greeting, so look forward to catching up with you all again from then on.

ant.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 02:12 PM   #180
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant397 View Post
Just thought i'd put a post and wish you all the best and have a great time lads, but I wont be able to make it.

As some of you know, Angela is due to have our little one on the 7th Sept and I have been winding down the past month or so... But from October onwards, we will back to normal with the meeting and greeting, so look forward to catching up with you all again from then on.

ant.
Will you be at UK6 Ant?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 02:22 PM   #181
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Good luck with the impending birth Ant - im a new daddy and im still not used to the lack of sleep yet - but wish you both all the best with the birth. Ps; give the gas and air a go - its a blast and helps ease the pain of your wife clamping her jaws around your arm as she pushes!!!!
      08-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #182
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Don't worry Bay, I will keep you company over to the Ring - I won't be able to go very quick with my missus either!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 03:14 PM   #183
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbailey View Post
but the only thing thats making me nervous is how my wifes going to be in the car with me on the run down to the Ring??? She hates me driving too fast and it always causes a bloody argument!! I just hope i dont get left behind and end up driving down on my own. Maybe we could have an agreement that if the main convoy blasts off and starts doing crazy overtakes etc then after say a few miles they ease up and wait for the slower cars to catch back up again - is that a possibility??

Quote:
Originally Posted by booforty View Post
I won't be able to go very quick with my missus either!

So the excuses are coming out already?!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #184
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant397 View Post

ant.
Good luck with the upcoming little'un.. Hope all goes well, and best wishes to Angela
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 03:43 PM   #185
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
So the excuses are coming out already?!!!!
Trust me, if i didnt have the excess baggage en route i'd be stuck to you like glue - besides theres always the Ring itself for the serious fun and games, eh!!?
      08-25-2008, 05:27 PM   #186
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Trust me, if i didnt have the excess baggage en route i'd be stuck to you like glue - besides theres always the Ring itself for the serious fun and games, eh!!?
Hope your wife doesn't see you describe her as 'excess baggage' !!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 05:32 PM   #187
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Regarding insurance? Just ring them and tell em im going to the ring?
???????
      08-25-2008, 05:35 PM   #188
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
???????
You need to check on your insurance documents whether it specifically excludes the Nurburgring as a road where the policy doesn't cover... If it doesn't specify, then I wouldn't tell them. After all, the Nurburgring is not a track, it is a restricted public toll road...

Incidentally, have you done your alignment yet? Going on the 'Ring with your wheels out of line is going to chew through your tyres in an instant...
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #189
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You need to check on your insurance documents whether it specifically excludes the Nurburgring as a road where the policy doesn't cover... If it doesn't specify, then I wouldn't tell them. After all, the Nurburgring is not a track, it is a restricted public toll road...

Incidentally, have you done your alignment yet? Going on the 'Ring with your wheels out of line is going to chew through your tyres in an instant...
Hi mate, thanks for not biting me head off this time

I will ring insurance tomorrow, i will mention the ring (if you really think thats a good idea, dont want to scare them). They may ask where in germany im going? LOL

Alignment will be done before the ring. Im also going to get my rears taken off and swapped round.
      08-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #190
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi mate, thanks for not biting me head off this time

I will ring insurance tomorrow, i will mention the ring (if you really think thats a good idea, dont want to scare them). They may ask where in germany im going? LOL

Alignment will be done before the ring. Im also going to get my rears taken off and swapped round.
You don't ask them you nutter - you look at your insurance policy document to see. You don't want to tell them you're going to the 'Ring, for them to then ask you what it is, and what you'll be doing...

And by the way, what do you mean your tyres swapped round? Aren't the Conti's unidirectional?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 05:42 PM   #191
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:

Carl,whilst perusing your insurance docs for the word 'Nurburgring',you might also like to check that your insurance covers you in Europe.

Have you been abroad since taking out your insurance?
If not, I doubt you are covered,give them a call.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 05:44 PM   #192
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You don't ask them you nutter - you look at your insurance policy document to see. You don't want to tell them you're going to the 'Ring, for them to then ask you what it is, and what you'll be doing...

And by the way, what do you mean your tyres swapped round? Aren't the Conti's unidirectional?
I mean i am telling them im goin to germany right, they may ask where exactly....???!

They are directional yes, i mean off the car off the rim and swapped so there the correct way round but swapped. As one side is wearing more than the other. Catch me?
      08-25-2008, 05:45 PM   #193
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Carl,whilst perusing your insurance docs for the word 'Nurburgring',you might also like to check that your insurance covers you in Europe.

Have you been abroad since taking out your insurance?
If not, I doubt you are covered,give them a call.
I have called before, they said it will cost 20 quid.
      08-25-2008, 05:50 PM   #194
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
I have called before, they said it will cost 20 quid.
Sounds cheap.

Just don't mention the 'ring',or if you do just don't put Nurburg, before it!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 03:52 AM   #195
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Tony - quick question - i still havent had my alignment done - im just not sure i want to cough up the sort of money you mentioned as much as i want the job done properly - but if i did get an alignment check done and then change my tyres to NON run flats at a later date, will this effect in anyway the alignment ie will it need to be done again or will it just require balance and tracking?
      08-26-2008, 04:42 AM   #196
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Tony - quick question - i still havent had my alignment done - im just not sure i want to cough up the sort of money you mentioned as much as i want the job done properly - but if i did get an alignment check done and then change my tyres to NON run flats at a later date, will this effect in anyway the alignment ie will it need to be done again or will it just require balance and tracking?
Changing to non-runflats does not affect the alignment in any way. Also, you won't need to get the tracking done either, as that's part of the alignment process (unless of course you crash into the kerb or something silly like that!)

Changing to non-runflats is just a case of changing tyres and balancing up the wheels.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 04:46 AM   #197
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
So Tony, where in germany am i saying i am going?
      08-26-2008, 04:53 AM   #198
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So Tony, where in germany am i saying i am going?
Why don't you just tell them you're going to Europe, taking in France, Belgium, Holland and Germany. You don't need to tell them your travel schedule mate, nor what you're going to be eating etc.....
Appreciate 0