2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK F11 535d SE Advise needed

05-08-2024, 06:10 AM   #1
JohnnyBMW2
Registered
Rep
Drives: None

F11 535d SE Advise needed

I have a 2012 535d SE F11 which is the family work horse. She has a few issues and needs some TLC.
Front Heated Seats
The car has comfort seats and the heated seat on the lower/base section of the drivers seat is not working anymore, the upper/back section is working fine. On these seats is the heated seat element a separate mat or is it integrated into the seat leather/cover?
Front Brake Disks
The car has the 348mm two piece disks on the front (BMW Part# 34116785669 & 34116785670) which are due to be replaced soon. Normally I always go OEM with brakes but the BMW prices are crazy for these. Are there any aftermarket options worth considering or just bite the bullet on OEM?
Tow Bar
I want to retro fit a tow bar and from my research I see there are two OEM options (Detachable or Electronic lowering). Any advise on which route to go? I would imagine the electronically lowering will be more complex to fit and code etc. Or is there any good aftermarket options?
Headlight condensation
I have the dreaded condensation on both headlamps. I plan to strip them both down this summer and reseal them. I will probably put new lenses at the time. Where can these be bought?
Reversing camera
The camera has stopped working, when you put the car into reverse it says there is a fault with the camera and the screen is just black. The replacement cost for the camera from BMW is just silly but before i go buying a second hand replacement I am trying to figure out if its the loom or the camera. There seems to be some water staining on the camera housing when i remove it so i am guessing water ingress has caused the problem??. Would this be from the seal around the window? I also noticed that the Beeping noise when you press the electric boot closing is also not working. Is this a common fault and related?
Any advise or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0