E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What type of service does this icon represent?

06-14-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

What type of service does this icon represent?

The icon itself resembles the car up on a service lift or that's what I presume it is supposed to be. Alternatively, you could say it looks like the car impaled on a large pole.

Unfortunately, the manual is not much help (and by manual, I refer to the seperate service manual that came with the car, not the main owner's manual). I don't have it in front of me unforunately, but the verbiage listed next to the icon is something like "the car requires some scheduled maintenance". Um, ok, no kidding there BMW, thanks for that bit of info.

Mileage is around 60k, which is part of the reason I want to know what it needs ahead of taking it in. Its out of warranty so I will be paying out of pocket. If its something costly I will take it to the private shop I took my old M3 too. If its a minor thing I will just take it to the dealership.

Oh, and its a MY2007 e90 335i.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

I know the icon you are referring to, it is one of the Check Control images. That's actually the one icon that doesn't specifically explain what needs to be fixed. Come on, BMW If an answer is not possible here, maybe you could check with your SA? I would assume it would include a routine check/diagnostic run of the general functions of your car.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
FallBlau
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335xi

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...uirements+icon
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 03:24 PM   #4
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Thank you FallBlau. I guess I failed to come up with the magic words to find that thread. I did perform various searches but none with the word "requirements".

Sounds like it is just a general inspection. A good candidate for a private shop visit - my dealership will probably charge an arm and a leg. Of course, I will check with them for prices first, maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.
Appreciate 0