E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Clutch pedal issues

08-03-2013, 07:16 AM   #1
KM79
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2017 335D Msport Saloon

Clutch pedal issues

Had my 335i a month now after coming from an auto 330i.
I drive other manual cars all the time but the clutch on this car felt rough/ dragging.No vibrations/flywheel anything like that just felt rough.
Looked a bit further into this and found it to be the 'helper' spring that was clicking/ dragging

Could of claimed it under AUC but turns out the parts are peanuts-£15

Not a particularly hard job but clutch pedal a lot smoother and turns out BMW have actually modified these parts to make the action better.

A worthwhile job if you felt the same as me about the clutch action.

Kris
Attached Images

Last edited by KM79; 08-03-2013 at 07:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
Terryk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 mineral grey N47 ed

nice kris. cheers for sharing this info with us.
could you give us some more details such as the p/n of the parts (from your photos i can see that you bought 5 different bags so this means 5 different p/n of the spare parts you used? please correct me if i am wrong).
also, did you have any small movement (left-right) of the clutch pedal before your diy? now is it better? cause i have noticed a minor movement to mine (just a few mm to be honest).
also, you didn't mention the mileage of your car just to give us a rough idea.
thanks,
terry
      08-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
KM79
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2017 335D Msport Saloon

No probs Terry,
Ill have a look at the receipt and put part numbers up but the kit comprises of 2 x slides,one spring,2 x pins and 2 x circlips.
There was a groan too coming from the pedal when you moved it by hand left to right and a small bit of play.

Now cured by this repair but there is still a faint click when pedal pressed quickly must just be the spring compressing.

Car has 50k miles and 5 years old

Kris
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 12:17 AM   #4
ralphwarren
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Race Car

All Aluminum Clutch Pedal

Hi. I'm a BMW Club Racer in California.

I have designed, built and have been testing numerous versions of an all-aluminum billet and 6061 clutch pedal for all E90/91/92, 1-Series and all F-cars.

I've been racing with it in our 135i and the E90 M3 since March 2013 and have finalized on the design and have started building them.

The pedals lower the resting height of the pedal face and are "short throw". The bronze bushing, eliminates all flex in the clutch pedal system - it is basically an awesome racing part that's perfect for any sporty-driven modern manual BMW.

The over-center spring location adjustable by the user for perfect feel.

The pedal kit will be carried by Turnermotorsports and Bimmerworld who both ship International. They have received a production version of the pedal for final testing, fitment confirmation, pictures, etc.

Keep an eye out on their web sites for their introduction of the pedal kit - probably late September 2013.

It should be aprox $300USD and avail in black anodize to start.

-Ralph Warren (Irvine, CA)
Appreciate 0