E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Angel eye LED woes

11-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
fulltilt444
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335xi

Angel eye LED woes

Hey, interesting morning here playing with lights.

When I bought my LCI E90 only the inner driver side angel eye worked. My car has Xenon but I picked up LED units from BMWLED to replace the bad bulbs in my car.

Today I open my car and find out that it already has MTEC LED lights installed. Fooling around I find out the following:

No voltage is at the passenger side wire connector from the car.

The MTEC LED unit from that side works, but the powering box (whatever it is called) does not work.

On the drivers side, I install the BMWLED (40watt) and I find out after switching a few things that one of the powering boxes also does not work.

So I have 4 good LED units, 2 powering boxes, and only voltage to my driver side so I can't even put MTEC on one side and BMWLED on the other.

Any thoughts on why I get no voltage to one side? Fuse? I'll be looking into that.

Also, I'll be contacting BMWLED...something is loose inside the broken power box ( that's what I'm calling it for now) and likely why it doesn't work. I hope I can get my $ back or at least a replacement.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 09:43 AM   #2
fulltilt444
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335xi

Do you think I'm not getting voltage to the passenger electrical connector because it is disabled in the FRM?

Do I need to code the FRM?

Thanks!
J
Appreciate 0