E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > how to check engine coolant temp on BMW hidden service menu

09-10-2017, 07:57 PM   #1
Bmw4lifejoc
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

how to check engine coolant temp on BMW hidden service menu

Onboard hidden service menu....enter code and gain access to engine coolant temperature. It will help you know if you have an issue with water pump, thermostat, leaky hoses, radiator, fan, or ECT sensor itself. This info is good for any vehicle.

Normal operating temperature should be with in 90-110 Celsius. Any values above or below these averages may be an issue upon letting the vehicle run for about 10 minutes.

If your going to do a fix your self please refer to the repair manual according to your vehicle. (I use Bentley Publishers)

This would also be a great time to change the coolant, since you would have to drain some of it anyway if you were diagnosing or replacing the sensor itself. Your repair manual will give you more details especially the type of coolant to use. For example BMW coolant is blue never green or orange.

If you find this useful hit the like, comment and subscribe more automotive info to come. (comment your temps, I would love to see what people are getting)

Thank you for watching
Appreciate 0