F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > NBT EVO ID6 Retrofit Steps
GetBMWParts

08-07-2023, 09:54 AM   #45
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Gps_from_navi
system_gps_receiver
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 05:21 PM   #46
mitch32
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 ZCP

I cannot seem to get it to work.

- Physically I swapped all parts (headunit/controller/display, from a 2019 donor car parts). I was on an NBT_EVO ID4 HW2.3 unit so I do not have the GPS connector (gets it from ATM).
- I changed the VIN to my current VIN on my car, verified VIN is changed. OK
- I then go and VO code the NBT2 unit with my current VO (completely unchanged)
- I get a NO SIGNAL on the display when car turns on.
- I then change the CID stuff (APIX2, and input type to MII)
- The display then works BUT it does not look right (in the verison it says ID4 if I change ID6 screen goes dead again), also navigation and idrive controller do not work properly. I believe I need to fix a lot in the coding but I am not sure what to change. Do I need to do something with the FSC? I tried to also update the unit but it did not work, I think thats because its retrofitted and you need to TAL calculate based on the actual unit not what the car is telling you to update (there a weird icon on the unit when I go into TAL-calcualtion, see below image).

EDIT/UPDATE: Its working! I changed the date code in the FA/VO and now everything turns on and works as it should, the reverse camera had a malfunction which was cured by changing the camera type to trsvc in the FDL. Then all the FSC stuff was corrupt as the unit has a changed VIN number and VO VIN is different then the donor; bought a code for feature installer to repair all FSC's and now everything is functioning as it should. BIGGEST thing was VO code with a newer date after ID6 was introduced (0718 worked for me).
Attached Images

Last edited by mitch32; 04-15-2024 at 12:47 PM..
Appreciate 0