F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Apple CarPlay Retrofit - Done! (Update:16/11/18...now also with full screen function)
Studio RSR

09-19-2023, 07:57 PM   #925
Meatballr
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Thanks so much to Wibbles for helping me get setup and your patience guiding me through things. You've helped so many in this thread including myself, kudos to you.

Quote:
P.s. After the HU software update to Y, do you notice any improvements?
Mine was a really old firmware from 2016 previously where fullscreen carplay wasn't an option so that is a new benefit. Other than that, my only issue is Bimmercode doesn't work on the new firmware for some reason.
Appreciate 1
Wibbles444.50
      09-23-2023, 01:14 PM   #926
GeorgePoey
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbles View Post
I can share a guide with you, drop me a PM
Just want to message to say thank you for sorting me out and guiding me to install CarPlay! For some reason I can’t send another PM to you as it says I need to be verified even though it let me send one originally to get started but just wanted to say thank you. Would love to send a crate of beer or something just as a thanks for taking the time to help.
Appreciate 1
Wibbles444.50
      11-08-2023, 07:29 PM   #927
hussain_s29
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 420d Gran Coupe

Hi all,

Recently just picked up a 2016 BMW F36 (previously coming from VAG) - So excuse me for any incorrections.

I paid a seller on eBay to update my NBTevo + Enable CarPlay, which he did (Currently have NBTevo_Y)
However as I was trying to enable Acoustic Lock Confirmation, the coding failed and I reverted my code back to original using E-Sys and turns out I lost CarPlay in the process
Contacted the Seller & of course he said I would need to pay again for activation, I was just wondering is there some other way to restore this/everytime I do any coding would it remove CarPlay?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 03:26 AM   #928
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep
Drives: M3LR

You've not lost carplay, you have just lost some coding.

Did your seller give you a Feature Installer code?
      12-06-2023, 03:02 PM   #929
Juanfpc
Rep
Drives: BMW F32

Garage List
BMW F32  [0.00]
Hi all! New here, looking for some info about how to activate Carplay on my new (to me) '19 F32.
I had it done a couple years ago on my old F30 and it worked flawlesly.

My doubts come from a post I read somewhere. It seems BMW considers some of those codings "modifications", and in case the car would get a new firmware update at the dealer, the idrive could be rendered useless.

So, my question is. How can I make sure I won't have problems in the future if I do it that way?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 03:17 PM   #930
Juanfpc
Rep
Drives: BMW F32

Garage List
BMW F32  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaviBR7 View Post
Yes, I understand that, but Spotify in iDrive has no limitations, I only have limitations with CarPlay, the Bmw apps do not have any limitations
Hola amigo.
Maybe it's a bit late, but I think it's a feature from your phone.
I have got several times a pop up on my phone when I try to unlock it while the car is moving and carplay is active ( I was not driving).
The pop up said something like "driving mode".
Lately, the pop up aslo shows "I'm not driving" and after touching tnat, the phone finally unlocks.

Hope it helps
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 03:46 PM   #931
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanfpc View Post
Hi all! New here, looking for some info about how to activate Carplay on my new (to me) '19 F32.
I had it done a couple years ago on my old F30 and it worked flawlesly.

My doubts come from a post I read somewhere. It seems BMW considers some of those codings "modifications", and in case the car would get a new firmware update at the dealer, the idrive could be rendered useless.

So, my question is. How can I make sure I won't have problems in the future if I do it that way?

Thanks in advance.
As long as you restore to factory before any dealer visit, you will be fine - PM me for help.
      03-23-2024, 04:43 AM   #932
matduggy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series Touring (F31)

Hello all. I have a 68 plate F31 touring, what do I need to check to see if it’s possible to retrofit CarPlay?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 02:01 PM   #933
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matduggy View Post
Hello all. I have a 68 plate F31 touring, what do I need to check to see if it’s possible to retrofit CarPlay?
Send me your VIN