E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > went to get something fixed at the dealership...

12-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

Angry went to get something fixed at the dealership...

[What should I do.. what CAN I do..]

About a month ago i went to the dealership to get an issue resolved about a squeaking noise coming from the passenger side of my car. I found the issue after i brought the car back home.

To prepare my car for being at the dealer for 3-4 days, i wanted to make sure my car came back to me as close as it was when i dropped it off so i took a lot of precautions in order for the people who are working there to not really mess around with my car.

And like a dumbass, the night before, i installed an alcantara perf. wheel.. the first thing i should not have done. - so to protect it i covered it with a big trash bag and taped it all up. it was one of couple of mistakes i made.. the plastic trash bag and tape used was really dirtied by the mechs/techs... imagine if i didnt have that protection... WOW... i also should have taped off or covered buttons they shouldn't have to press or anything other than what was required of them, to listen for the squeaking noise... that they didnt even find... i wonder why...

for further protection my car is installed with a dashcam that records pretty much 24/7: when its turned on or motion is detected.. i angled the cam ok but they placed a damn marker for the car in front of it... it did block out a lot of the view i intended to catch but luckily my audio recording is spot on and can hear 90% of the stuff they are saying/doing. here is where the fun begins.

the day after i drop off my car the a-holes decide to take my car out to find the noise. not only did they want to "fix" the noise issue but they also wanted to enjoy MY car top down in MY convertible. HOW IN THE WORLD are they suppose to find the noise with the effing top down. and seriously? in a clients car you are going to put the top down? why the hell are you messing with my top! This was a rainy week and there was still a lot of nasty shit in the air and water still coming off of trees and crap from stuff above the car. One of the two technicians says I quote "This is more like it, Doug!" while putting the top down the other technician does not even attempt to stop the one who is putting down just simply allowing him to carry on. HOW VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

They not only put my top down, they use it to reverse the car back for half a block at atleast @ 10 mph and takes it to the stupid tech's (idiot who took my top down) car who is parked a block away and then for 7 miles they take it around town with the top down when there is traffic at 11:30 am people getting lunch at a very busy road... HOW THE are you going to listen for the creaking noise!!!!!!!!

And honestly..... i rarely put the top down and if i do i only do it in the right conditions and take super super OCD* care when i do take the top down... I am OCD* about everything about the the mother effing car... I always have it garaged and have only personally hand washed this car 6 times now since I keep it so damn pristine. This seriously enrages me to the upmost extent and i seriously wish they'd get fired...

I should have taped off and covered more of the stuff they should not have touch or tempted to touch... should have taped off the hardtop activation button and covered it with an index card, made sure they wouldn't put anything infront of the camera and i should have set up more than just one camera...

Well guys... learn from my mistake... guys and gals with verts... if you take it in for service.. prepare for your car to be man handled unless you take precautionary measures...

I feel as if my daughter had been taken from me and taken advantage of... I've had it for less than 4 months and I'm very protective of this car... I don't care if it's just a car, to each his/her own... It's really making my blood boil and I intend to verbally confront the guys who took my car out in a professional yet uncomfortable manner. (not physically, mentioned beforehand) *edit...apology for horrible analogy.. i was enraged while writing this..*

Can I even do anything about this?! Can I ask the management to do anything about their behavior? I want them to be punished

Can't believe this shit happened... idiots take my car for a joy ride and don't even fix the damn issue I came in for.... INCREDIBLE......

Last edited by tmdals0213; 12-09-2013 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
Infamy
underground
Rep
Drives: alpine white 335 E92

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [9.66]
I would raise holy hell. Tell them ur going to complain to BMWNA.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
AgentAvalos
VIP
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335is

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Shit man! If I were you I'd sue those *****s to death!!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamy View Post
I would raise holy hell. Tell them ur going to complain to BMWNA.
I know it would possibly make them talk to the techs who did it... but I want them to be fired, which seems unlikely to happen...

Yes, I want to complain to BMWNA and have them reconsider the employees there... but it won't prevent them from doing it again.. I want something more along the lines of "fractured mandibles"
      12-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
ldubomd
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Sorry rant was really long.. Did they damage anything? Or are you just pissed they put your top down?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldubomd View Post
Sorry rant was really long.. Did they damage anything? Or are you just pissed they put your top down?
yeah they slapped on a magnet that scuffed my roof. there are scratch marks over driver side door handle. they unnecessarily used my car to drop off another employee. they were suppose to fix a cabin issue but instead drove around my fairly new car with the top down which i don't use unless under certain circumstances since i have tints and i don't want to mar the film or retract the top when the car went through rain the day before. the whole ordeal was in the end was unnecessary since they put the top down and didn't hear anything in the cabin since they were driving it on busy streets. i don't want anyone driving my car in the first place, most enthusiasts don't want someone driving their car period. There was suppose to be a service/fix done to my car, not be "enjoyed" by strangers.
      12-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Sounds like this is your first BMW.... It's OK, OCD will fade after a while. Chill out, man. You have absolutely no control when the car is not in your possession (dealer, valet, parked in front of a store, etc). It's just a car. If its not bone stock, techs will take it for a spin. This it what they do at every damn dealership i've ever been to. They take nice modified cars and drive them around a bit. All you can do is complain after the fact if something is dirty, broken or not fixed. But complaining to your SA would either get you some free shit or just label you as "that guy". You don't want to be "that guy".

As far as camera goes, if i was a tech, i would tape over the lens before you even left the dealership. They don't need another person micromanaging and watching them, especially a random customer with OCD.
      12-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
bimmerwar51
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i sold, e92 335is

What dealership do you take your car too??? My car is at Pacific and as i dropped off my car i heard them stepping on it a bit.
I told them they better calm down and left. I need to go pick her up today too and talk with someone about that. I'm going to check everything making sure they did scuff my lip and rims. Really hope they didn't take her for a joy ride.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #9
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

damn sorry to hear man that sucks!!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #10
BeeMuh
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

That is why i bought a used bmw. Im OCD as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #11
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerwar51 View Post
What dealership do you take your car too??? My car is at Pacific and as i dropped off my car i heard them stepping on it a bit.
I told them they better calm down and left. I need to go pick her up today too and talk with someone about that. I'm going to check everything making sure they did scuff my lip and rims. Really hope they didn't take her for a joy ride.
i'll call you in a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
damn sorry to hear man that sucks!!
Ehh, i'm calm now.. still upset... but i know they wont do shit for me, or shit to the techs.. probably just slap their wrists and say be careful not to get caught... Jon, wth is up with this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMuh View Post
That is why i bought a used bmw. Im OCD as well.
yeah, idk how well you can relate to the stress, but its just shit that was too unprofessional and lacks integrity and respect... OCD is not always a bad thing, thats why i'm studying to be a dentist. Details details details.
      12-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #12
aandrew335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

What dealership is this? Want to make sure i dont go there.
      12-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #13
YMB_F80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Garage List
2009 335i  [7.00]
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Hey man.. if I were you I would talk to the SA and find out what happen.. let the tell you what they did and hopefully man up to it.. if not i would take to their department managers! Last time I was in for a service, the dealership's car wash people parked my car and pushed the whole front bumper over the concrete block!! One thing you ALWAYS do is check your car before you GET IN and leave!!! I walk around my car all the time after a service at a dealer ship because you never know what could have happened...

Instagram: YMB_F80
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #14
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sono0b View Post
Hey man.. if I were you I would talk to the SA and find out what happen.. let the tell you what they did and hopefully man up to it.. if not i would take to their department managers! Last time I was in for a service, the dealership's car wash people parked my car and pushed the whole front bumper over the concrete block!! One thing you ALWAYS do is check your car before you GET IN and leave!!! I walk around my car all the time after a service at a dealer ship because you never know what could have happened...
yeah Victor, I'm gonna think wether or not this is something to mention now or later... its probably better to mention it now.. but i just dont even wanna go there anymore... They attempted to fix the marring but i still see it since everything else is perfect.. i'll just have to coat it with some sealant/polish..

I took 30 min to do a walk around after they brought it down.. but i just checked the video recording this morning and fuck the coffee, this woke me up right away. thanks for looking out, Victor.
      12-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #15
YMB_F80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Garage List
2009 335i  [7.00]
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdals0213 View Post
yeah Victor, I'm gonna think wether or not this is something to mention now or later... its probably better to mention it now.. but i just dont even wanna go there anymore... They attempted to fix the marring but i still see it since everything else is perfect.. i'll just have to coat it with some sealant/polish..

I took 30 min to do a walk around after they brought it down.. but i just checked the video recording this morning and fuck the coffee, this woke me up right away. thanks for looking out, Victor.
No problem man but still I wouldn't let them off like that I would make them pay LOL!! I suggest you going somewhere else for service man...

Instagram: YMB_F80
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #16
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sono0b View Post
No problem man but still I wouldn't let them off like that I would make them pay LOL!! I suggest you going somewhere else for service man...
man idk what good my rant would do.. just will cause my SA to get uneasy..
mckenna or center!
      12-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #17
WRichieX
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e93 6MT

Garage List
DUDE!!!! Rip them a new ass hole!! I understand your anger. It's almost better that you never new but the fact you have proof, I would go ape shit on them.

07 BMW 335i E93 6MT (Praying neighborhood doesn't get flooded...again)
04 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Flooded)
08 Audi TT 2.0T DSG (Flooded)
03 Subaru WRX 5MT (Flooded)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #18
timmyc
SW20 to BL to E92
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

I had a similar issue recently, except by the time I remember to grab the dashcam footage, I had already overwritten it. While reinstalling the JB4, I noticed screws from the cowl were missing, and one was REPLACED WITH A DIFFERENT BOLT that didn't look like it even came off a BMW (had an allen head) and it was put in at an angle so it could have crossthreaded. Thought I had done my homework in looking for a dealership, but I guess there isn't much you can do about the techs. Had a friend's roommate who worked at Longo Lexus; went to UTI (which from what I understand is a joke, $30k a year with awful instruction, more of a business keeping poor people poor), ASE Certified and whatnot....still paid like $12-13 an hour.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #19
1NS0MN1A
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
Sounds like this is your first BMW.... It's OK, OCD will fade after a while. Chill out, man. You have absolutely no control when the car is not in your possession (dealer, valet, parked in front of a store, etc). It's just a car. If its not bone stock, techs will take it for a spin. This it what they do at every damn dealership i've ever been to. They take nice modified cars and drive them around a bit. All you can do is complain after the fact if something is dirty, broken or not fixed. But complaining to your SA would either get you some free shit or just label you as "that guy". You don't want to be "that guy".

As far as camera goes, if i was a tech, i would tape over the lens before you even left the dealership. They don't need another person micromanaging and watching them, especially a random customer with OCD.
Oh gosh, we wouldn't want to hurt their feelings by watching them abuse our cars. We should unplug it and uninstall before taking it to the dealer. It is MY car, I have the RIGHT to see everything that happens IN and AROUND it. Is that clear?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #20
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NS0MN1A View Post
I have the RIGHT to see everything that happens IN and AROUND it. Is that clear?
Actually, you don't. Shops have liability insurance for a reason and that insurance prohibits customers from being in the shop. Period. And speaking of rights, you definitely do not have a right to record people at their place of work without their permission.
      12-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #21
1NS0MN1A
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
Actually, you don't. Shops have liability insurance for a reason and that insurance prohibits customers from being in the shop. Period. And speaking of rights, you definitely do not have a right to record people at their place of work without their permission.
I absolutely do, so as long as I do not sell it, or produce it without their permission. They have liability insurance, which prohibits me, but not my camera.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #22
J2S2M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e90 m-sport

OP.. so which dealership is this??? I ask so that other members can take note and avoid this dealership
Appreciate 0