E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Engine coolant/electric fan

05-12-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
CBMAC7
Live life to the fullest!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435xi M SPORT

Engine coolant/electric fan

Hey guys I had another post on here about this topic. I was getting an electric fan, self diagnosis code as well as a engine coolant, measuring plausibility code. The electric fan wasnt working even with the A/C on max. So a friend of mine was checking my car for me the other day and noticed that a piece of weather stripping was laying over the inside of my fan. He removed it and put my A/C back on high and the fan worked like a charm. Now with the A/C off and coolant temp rising my fan doesn't kick in. I replaced my engine coolant sensor but doesn't seem to work. Do I have to reset something for it to recognize the new sensor? I have FBO with protune...so I uninstall back to stock then reinstall my current map? Not sure of what to do or what may be possibly wrong now. Any help would be great.

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #2
CBMAC7
United_States
Rep

Also the temperature of my car last night hit around 225 and fan still didn't kick in.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 10:49 AM   #3
CBMAC7
United_States
Rep

Hey guys,

So my last thing to try was to uninstall my COBB and revert back to stock. As soon as I did that the fan kicked on like normal and everything was working great. Talked to COBB today but they didn't have an answer to why it was doing that. I'll try and reinstall the map and see what happens. Just thought I'd let everyone know incase this happens to you.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #4
Andrewe92
enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 lci 335xi

Garage List
update us.. def a weird problem
Appreciate 0