F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Need advice on buying a used G30 in 2024
Extreme Powerhouse

02-08-2024, 01:45 PM   #1
CHSCHQS
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 540ix M Sport

Need advice on buying a used G30 in 2024

I'm trying to buy a '22 G30 and buying a used car in 2024 is completely unfamiliar to me. I guess it's become a 'If you don't buy it, the next sucker will.' mentality at the dealerships. Even BMW sales managers are turning me away or not responding when I make my offers (and my offers are not unreasonable, just looking for a slightly better deal than the sticker).

Is the market really that hot? Dealerships think negotiating for a deal is the equivalent to extreme disrespect? I don't mind dealing with salesman and managers, I love the sales game, but seriously are y'all really paying these prices? I've tried walk-ins, phone, internet/text, all the same result. It's like the only way they'll even talk to you is if you agree to pay the sticker immediately. One salesman actually said, "Sir, we don't haggle here. If you want a discount, maybe this car is not for you." LOL DAMN

Luckily, I'm not in a hurry so I just keep looking but I'm shocked out how unfamiliar I've suddenly become with the car current car buying process and the sales landscape in general. Any advice?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 01:51 PM   #2
oem.plus_440gc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i XDrive GC

Garage List
A lot of dealers are moving to a "no haggle pricing" sales structure and just sell the vehicles at MSRP, no real haggling on price. Now that may suck for consumers in a market with a ton of supply, but I bet 2 years ago when some dealers were throwing a $5,000-$10,000 ADM on top, you would have loved a dealership with no haggle MSRP pricing structure.

Personally, I'm fine with no haggle. Its like buying furniture. You have no idea if you actually got a good deal or a shit deal at the end of it. At least with no haggle, you know everyone getting that piece of furniture (or new car) are all paying the same.
Current: 2019 440i xDrive Gran Coupe - Alpine White, Coral Red Dakota Leather, 8AT, MSport, THP, BM3; 2015 X5 35i xDrive - Mineral White Metallic, Mocha Dakota Leather; Previous: 2015 Subaru WRX - World Rally Blue, Premium, FBO+Tune
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 01:58 PM   #3
CHSCHQS
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 540ix M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem.plus_440gc View Post
I bet 2 years ago when some dealers were throwing a $5,000-$10,000 ADM on top, you would have loved a dealership with no haggle MSRP pricing structure.
Unfortunately, my time machine is broken at the moment. Called my flux-capacitor guy but he's on vacation in the Maldives rn.

Anyway, I haven't bought a car since before covid so I have...had a very good idea of the car buying process, which is why I'm trying to learn the new process at these car dealerships...where I once saw a manager fake fire a salesman to gain sympathy from a customer to close a deal...are suddenly telling me to F off. So the reality check I need is whether that's just what it is now or can I still find a deal? If there's 'no-haggle' sales then what's the point of having a sales staff?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 04:29 PM   #4
RigaTony1982
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
I've read that there's almost no wiggle room on used cars anymore. Because it's so easy to cross shop them on the internet dealers have to list them as competitively priced.

I'd look for similar ones online in your area. If the one you want is reasonable compared to those, you'll probably just have to go for it.