E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > CIC retrofit coding

04-05-2024, 12:07 PM   #1
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

CIC retrofit coding

Hi All

I'm thinking of upgrading the CCC I drive in my 56 plate E92 to CIC.
I can handle the physical removal of CCC and refitting of CIC, but I'm not sure about the coding. Is there anywhere I could send the donor head unit to get coded before fitting into the car?
Failing that any companies who could code that unit for me after I have fitted it?

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 03:33 AM   #2
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep

I found a guy on eBay who can fully code the new CIC head unit, including updating to 2024 maps with full FSC code implementation to make sure nav works and voice control etc is all activated. So it should be plug and play when I fit it. So as soon as I receive it I shall send it over to the guy.
He can code it after it's been fitted to the car but you would have to drive to Yorkshire and wait about 3 hours while he codes it.

Once CIC has been fitted then I may look to fit a MR12 volt or MMI box for car play. You can do this with CCC but the screen resolution is so low or would.look horrible.

I know I could just fit an android screen to the CCC but I prefer the CIC as its OEM, and fitting an MMI or MR12 volt retains all the eom parts. I'm not bothered about a touch screen in and E9x as it's too far to reach.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2024, 02:32 PM   #3
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep

Update: So I received the CIC kit and sent the nav unit away to be coded to my car and the nav etc activated with FSC codes. He also updated to 2024 maps for me. As soon as I got it back I fitted it to the car. Took less than an hour and I now have fully functioning CIC.
I can't tell you how much better it is compared to the CCC, even though CIC is old now I still find it great to use, I actually like the maps, it's great to have them available off line.
In the future I may add apple car play/android auto with mrvolt or something, but for now I'm happy.
I'm selling the CCC system in eBay to recoup the cost of the CIC kit.

So if you have CCC and fancy the newer CIC, go for it, source the screen, nav unit and I drive knob off eBay, you will also need a new screen cable and usb cable then get the unit coded. Once you have all this it's just a simple plug and play fitment. Well worth it,cost me about £300 all in. Oh and you need new centre console trim as the CIC I drive knob is a different shape from the CIC one.
Appreciate 0