F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > For the ones with front bumper swaps
proTUNING Freaks

10-05-2018, 08:44 PM   #1
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 328i Sport 6MT

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
For the ones with front bumper swaps

I'm about to swap my front bumper in the middle of November for my birthday. I bought the car with the horrible plate Mount they did for one year and it sucks plain and simple, ruins the whole appearance to me. I live in a state that doesn't require a front plate so I'm going to do the M-sport front bumper. I've never swapped the front before so I'm nervous about bad quality or improper fitment. I mean if I'm sweating nothing and any ole eBay one will do, I just don't know. Now if I need to spend the money and pay 1000 bucks for it I will but I really don't prefer that. Where did you guys get it? How the paint and fitment turn out? Any advice?
Attached Images

BootMod3 stage 2 93 octane AGG| K&N Drop In| Turner Motorsports Intercooler| BMS Catchcan| FTP Chargepipe & TIC| MST Turbo Intake Pipe| CW Catless Downpipe| BAV Coils| KW DDC Coilovers| Active Autowerke Exhaust| CF Mirrors| CF Spoiler| Rohana RFX11| Black Painted Roof| @instagram.com/fastactionjax/
@youtube.com/fastactionjax/
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 08:09 AM   #2
TheJungatron
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD- USA

Interested also... I had a link for prepained shipped for like 650-700. Ill post it if I can find it again.
Appreciate 2
sspade2468.50
      10-06-2018, 08:49 AM   #3
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Also interested in getting an M Sport front bumper but not sure where to start.
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2018, 12:47 PM   #4
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

BMW makes a conversion kit that you guys could check out. It includes all hardware and of course, the bumper cover. Please don't buy aftermarket on this part, or you'll kick yourself in the ass later. My dad had a terrible experience with an aftermarket bumper cover on his 550.
      10-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #5
Solidjake
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poland
Rep
Drives: '13 328i Msport 6MT

There are aftermarket ones that are decent and ok if you're on a budget but I do recommend getting OEM and getting a GOOD paint job (one that is around $500 from a reputable place).

The install is not that difficult. Keep in mind you will need to go to www.realoem.com and get everything associated with the msport front (ducts, liners, etc)

Apex SM-10/DWS06+ | 400m/X-ice Xi3 | Injen Exhaust | Stoptech SS Lines | 335 Front Brakes
Hawk HPS 5.0 | RBF600 | ER Charge Pipes | Wagner Evo Comp 2 FMIC
Appreciate 1
sspade2468.50
      10-06-2018, 01:09 PM   #6
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
My paint and install costed...1100 and the bumper kit was like..$400.00 from ebay.

There were some challenges he said--but they got it to work. Ikon motorsports on ebay sells a pretty good kit.
      10-06-2018, 01:43 PM   #7
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
The Good Go ones are perfectly fine, many people have bought and painted them without issue.
Appreciate 2
      10-06-2018, 03:15 PM   #8
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdegene View Post
BMW makes a conversion kit that you guys could check out. It includes all hardware and of course, the bumper cover. Please don't buy aftermarket on this part, or you'll kick yourself in the ass later. My dad had a terrible experience with an aftermarket bumper cover on his 550.
You know about how much the OEM ones cost retail? the company I work for owns a BMW dealership so I can get the parts for cost+10 but they wont ship. I'd have to drive 6 hours (12 round trip) for that. So I only use our discount when I absolutely have to.
BootMod3 stage 2 93 octane AGG| K&N Drop In| Turner Motorsports Intercooler| BMS Catchcan| FTP Chargepipe & TIC| MST Turbo Intake Pipe| CW Catless Downpipe| BAV Coils| KW DDC Coilovers| Active Autowerke Exhaust| CF Mirrors| CF Spoiler| Rohana RFX11| Black Painted Roof| @instagram.com/fastactionjax/
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 03:17 PM   #9
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
There are aftermarket ones that are decent and ok if you're on a budget but I do recommend getting OEM and getting a GOOD paint job (one that is around $500 from a reputable place).

The install is not that difficult. Keep in mind you will need to go to www.realoem.com and get everything associated with the msport front (ducts, liners, etc)
Fortunately I'm in the industry so I have a painter that's going to hook it up and do the hood (have some chips on the hood) and the front bumper for 980. I just have to find the bumper, he even told me to be careful when buying.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 03:25 PM   #10
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastActionJax View Post
I'm about to swap my front bumper in the middle of November for my birthday. I bought the car with the horrible plate Mount they did for one year and it sucks plain and simple, ruins the whole appearance to me. I live in a state that doesn't require a front plate so I'm going to do the M-sport front bumper. I've never swapped the front before so I'm nervous about bad quality or improper fitment. I mean if I'm sweating nothing and any ole eBay one will do, I just don't know. Now if I need to spend the money and pay 1000 bucks for it I will but I really don't prefer that. Where did you guys get it? How the paint and fitment turn out? Any advice?
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1237930
      10-06-2018, 03:27 PM   #11
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
So what about the ECS brand one? It's 500 bucks. I've had good luck with ECS in the past, but like I mentioned Ive never purchased a such significant body part.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 03:52 PM   #12
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdegene View Post
You know about how much the OEM ones cost retail? the company I work for owns a BMW dealership so I can get the parts for cost+10 but they wont ship. I'd have to drive 6 hours (12 round trip) for that. So I only use our discount when I absolutely have to.
Check it!

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=03_0766

IK6SPEED posted this in another thread. I didn't realize it included rear bumper cover and skirts too.
      10-06-2018, 04:22 PM   #13
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
I actually did look at the selma ones but they only have front bumpers for the f30 without PDC. I have PDC
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 06:26 PM   #14
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Quote:
I actually did look at the selma ones but they only have front bumpers for the f30 without PDC. I have PDC
I have PDC as well.... my painter spent 5 mins drilling holes in the bumper.

You will need to buy a PDC kit as the sensors are different on Msports... i think i paid $30 from local dealership.
      10-06-2018, 06:34 PM   #15
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i

Quote:
Quote:
I have a Selma bumper with PDC.

The actual plastic quality is great! My body shop said it is the first and only aftermarket bumper they've ever seen that is as good as OEM.

Not all holes below the bumper are reused but the bumper is secure.

The lower brake duct vents to the sides of the lower grille are garbage. Get new OEM ones for $30 or so.

The supplied foam 5mph piece that goes between the bumper beam and cover did not fit, but not everyone seems to have this issue. I recommend OEM there too.
Attached Images

10-07-2018, 09:19 AM   #16
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:

You will need to buy a PDC kit as the sensors are different on Msports... i think i paid $30 from local dealership.
Thanks brother! This is good info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettKA7 View Post

The actual plastic quality is great! My body shop said it is the first and only aftermarket bumper they've ever seen that is as good as OEM.

The lower brake duct vents to the sides of the lower grille are garbage. Get new OEM ones for $30 or so.

The supplied foam 5mph piece that goes between the bumper beam and cover did not fit, but not everyone seems to have this issue. I recommend OEM there too.
I will do that as well.

I really appreciate all the info guys! This is great information to go off of, so the pdc holes can be easily drilled if I can't find the Selma one without them? I was on their site and both the msport bumpers I saw on there said w/o pdc. If I cannot go OEM I think I'm going to end up going with the Selma.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 11:49 AM   #17
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks brother! This is good info!

Quote:

I will do that as well.

I really appreciate all the info guys! This is great information to go off of, so the pdc holes can be easily drilled if I can't find the Selma one without them? I was on their site and both the msport bumpers I saw on there said w/o pdc. If I cannot go OEM I think I'm going to end up going with the Selma.
Sorry I just say this!

I got a GoodGo bumper off eBay with PDC and headlamp washers on eBay. My body shop just glued the headlamp washer covers on the bumper as my car is not equipped with that feature. All PDC holes were pre-drilled and sensors are fully functional in their new spots.
      10-23-2018, 06:22 PM   #18
MONSTAR
#gotboost
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

I bought the autotecknic full m sport kit that was like $500 (front bumper, side skirts and rear bumper) and then sold the front bumper locally for $300 as I already had an M3 bumper. The fitment of the side skirts and rear were spot on and I never heard from the buyer if he had any issues with the front bumper. I also picked up the kit locally in Rosemead and drove it home with everything in my f30.

Also, for a paint color like your current one (doesn't appear to have any flake or pearl?), $980 seems really steep. I have schwartz II which is just a plain jet black and my paint guy in Yorba Linda charged $350 for the front bumper a year earlier and then $300 for the rear bumper and $160 for each side skirt for reference.

2013 F30 328i (12/2015 - 09/2020) SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 06:05 PM   #19
gt-[r]
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 E82

I bought mine from innovativemotorsports on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142682199555

My body shop said that its good quality and the fitment was perfect. Just make sure you get a good paint job and it will look like its OEM. A positive with going aftermarket is that there are no reflectors!

the bumper was well packaged and arrived with zero damage. The bumper is by good go, which makes high quality aftermarket bumpers. Comes with all the parts necessary to do a swap as well
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 09:07 PM   #20
3.0hyeah
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 X-Drive

Quote:

Did you buy one with PDC holes or did your shop drill them?

Quote:

How is the placement of the drilled holes? Does it impact the sensor functionality at all?

Link to goodgo? I've seen the MB one and it doesn't look bad.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 11:49 AM   #21
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTAR View Post
I bought the autotecknic full m sport kit that was like $500 (front bumper, side skirts and rear bumper) and then sold the front bumper locally for $300 as I already had an M3 bumper. The fitment of the side skirts and rear were spot on and I never heard from the buyer if he had any issues with the front bumper. I also picked up the kit locally in Rosemead and drove it home with everything in my f30.

Also, for a paint color like your current one (doesn't appear to have any flake or pearl?), $980 seems really steep. I have schwartz II which is just a plain jet black and my paint guy in Yorba Linda charged $350 for the front bumper a year earlier and then $300 for the rear bumper and $160 for each side skirt for reference.
He was going to prep and install the bumper, sand and prep the hood, then repaint the hood and the bumper for 980. not just paint the front bumper. but I'm not able to do it now because hurricane michael destroyed my house and everything in it. So now I have to completely restart. sucks
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 12:23 PM   #22
MONSTAR
#gotboost
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
He was going to prep and install the bumper, sand and prep the hood, then repaint the hood and the bumper for 980. not just paint the front bumper. but I'm not able to do it now because hurricane michael destroyed my house and everything in it. So now I have to completely restart. sucks
Dang man, I'm sorry to hear that. I lived in the Tampa area for 28 years and am no stranger to hurricanes .

I wish you the best of luck

2013 F30 328i (12/2015 - 09/2020) SOLD!
Appreciate 0