E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Intro, First Post. Potential Transplant With Questions 335d

04-12-2024, 03:27 PM   #23
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by krashDH View Post
Ha, yeah I read about that one, thanks for the heads up. Is there anywhere published where the stock ride height for the different packages and wheels is supposed to be?

I really don't like how low the PO has it with the B14 coilovers. I know they're 30-50mm lowering, but I want to be as max height as I can safely and comfortably get with these. I need to get the bumper and headlights out this weekend for a restoration, and I don't think I can even get my low profile jack under the side points to even get one leg up in the air.

If I can weasel it high enough, Probably gonna have to put a board or ramp under when it's up and then try to level it from the center point, then get jack stands on both sides. Gonna be an event.

No way I'm getting it up on ramps either, even when it's at the max of these Billy's. But I'd like to know some published values of ride heights and I'm coming up empty for these cars.

Edit: Did some digging in newtis and found it
Your car is a sport so it should be 3/4" lower than base suspension. Sport and Msport are identical. I have actuals from my msport at home that I measured prior to switching to coil overs.

In my warped universe, I actually went to higher ride height as i was scraping front bumper at bottom of driveway. 1/4" increase fixed it.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 05:39 AM   #24
krashDH
Rep
Drives: TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
Your car is a sport so it should be 3/4" lower than base suspension. Sport and Msport are identical. I have actuals from my msport at home that I measured prior to switching to coil overs.

In my warped universe, I actually went to higher ride height as i was scraping front bumper at bottom of driveway. 1/4" increase fixed it.
This car has the B14 coilovers. Way too low for me.
Found the oem ride heights in newtis. Going to see if I can set them to the max height of the base package which should be the tallest (30mm lower, so basically a tad lower than stock sport height.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 09:36 AM   #25
MoreToolsthansense
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D

Get er done

Having driven my 335D for about a year and a half, I still think about how much better it would be with a manual every time I put it in drive. I really want to convert mine as well but I'll have to drag myself away from 5 other projects first.

Lead the way friend!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 08:24 AM   #26
krashDH
Rep

Well making progress on the car.

VCG is all replaced. I couldn't button up the top end (intake manifold) because I was shorted 1 swirl flap replacement o-ring gasket (5 of 6). So I'm waiting on that and I'm waiting on vac lines so I can replace the ones under the intake mani before I put it one.

I moved over to the turbo lines to start tearing that down. Got everything removed (including downpipe) so all I need to do now is crack the 2x bolts for the large turbo and get it out of the way.

My ATM intercooler I dropped as well, the 2 of the 4 o rings in the turbo side tube were split, made it a bear to get it off. So I need to wait for those as well.

It's unfortunate, I ordered the Whitbread lines almost 3 weeks ago. It's normally an off the shelf kit but apparently they haven't seen a fitting they need for the long line. So I'm stuck waiting on them too. I could have had this done this weekend and driving so I'm a bit frustrated with them because there's nothing on their site which mentioned not available or backordered.

It really hasn't been bad work, it's just moving a lot of stuff out of the way and figuring out how to get to places that weren't designed for access.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 03:32 PM   #27
krashDH
Rep

ATM o-rings are on the way and I now have tracking for the Whitbread lines. One more thing I noticed that needs to be unbolted is the wastegate from the manifold since the rod is attached to the large turbo, it will need to move when the turbo is moved. I'm keeping the large turbo in place until the lines get here so that will wait too.

Shouldn't be too bad it's only 3 bolts. What's gonna be a real adventure is seeing if I can put everything together again and not having any leftover hardware
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 06:03 PM   #28
maryjane
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d Msport 3 Snail.

Well just for future reference thats the changeover actuator. Wastegate is under neath just inside the downpipe.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 09:41 AM   #29
krashDH
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
Well just for future reference thats the changeover actuator. Wastegate is under neath just inside the downpipe.
Sorry you're right. I'm was looking right at it on RealOEM and wrote the wrong thing. It's the actuator.

Anyway, got the hard y-pipe to the block off the bottom of the large turbo and it's on the bench. Turbo is the only thing left to move to get to the oil line.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:32 AM   #30
krashDH
Rep

Whitbread lines were supposed to be delivered last Friday, but due to a colossal F ups (yes, multiple) by USPS they ended up in 2 different towns far away from me.

Here's to hoping they can get delivered today to me and I can be on the home stretch with this car.
Appreciate 0