E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Itching again to do cosmetic mods

04-21-2024, 01:47 AM   #1
HoonsE90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90 335i M sport

Itching again to do cosmetic mods

Okay so I picked up my e90 about 5 months ago. It’s been a dream to drive and I’ve slowly been in-doing previous models from the owner before me. I’m at that point where I’m now ready to do some exterior upgrades again. As far as exterior goes, it’s bone stock. I’ve been contemplating adding the m-style rear diffuser as well as a front lip to give the car a more “prominent” chin. It’s a e90 m sport in LeMans blue and I want to make sure I go with the most tasteful mods I can.

Given I plan to do a front lip, I don’t want to go with real carbon fiber as once something hits it now I’ve got to replace a carbon front lip. Imitation carbon is a huge no for me as well. I’ve found these front lips which I like as well as a rear diffuser to spice it up, but I can ONLY find them in gloss back. I’d love to just rock unpainted for these as I feel it is more of an OEM look in comparison to the gloss black.

I also plan to refinish the 193M’s in gloss graphite and accent with yellow calipers. I’ll attach pictures of the car as it stands, as well as images of the lip and diffuser I want to runs

My main question is this: will they look better as a satin black or gloss back on the car?

I know it is all perspective however I’d like to get some opinions.

Thanks!

Scratch this… forum isn’t letting me add images from my phone. Apologies and will try again at another time
      04-21-2024, 12:09 PM   #2
335i54n
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e39 m5

Satin or matte is not worth the extra hassle, imo, and I would verify rim condition before painting vs. new set.
Appreciate 0