E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Alloy paint peel on 2 week old AUC

03-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
gurpswoo1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335d

Alloy paint peel on 2 week old AUC

Hi all

I need some advice

I recently purchased a AUC car 2 weeks ago and have some problems with it.

All 4 wheels have paint peel, I have been told that this normal and should accept it. I don't see how after 14 days the paint should fall off. Here are some pictures:

What do you guys recommend, have I been misold something. IT's not the old problem with this car.

All the touch up paint has also been strip off by my car wash shampoo, it's not a harsh one. it's a PH balance one from chemical guys. Also there are now loads of swirl marks on the paint that have appeared on the paint.

Any advice
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Keep pressing them. It's AUC. They wouldn't accept a PCP returned like that, so you shouldn't have to accept it either.

You hold all the cards, especially this early on.
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...has-a-problem/

AUC's are never very old anyway, and also I can see M225's so I know that a car of that age being sold as AUC should not be in this condition. As for swirl marks, there is nothing you can really do about that. That is just something that happens. Get the detailed out if you like, but generally you have to pickup on that kinda thing prior to paying if you want the dealer to pay.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
djgandy
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Also you could drive into a BMW garage, have your car on fire and then explode, and they would stand there and tell you it is "normal". They are pathological liars! They will play the stalling tactics game and try not to do anything about it. Don't let them win.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
gurpswoo1
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy View Post
Keep pressing them. It's AUC. They wouldn't accept a PCP returned like that, so you shouldn't have to accept it either.

You hold all the cards, especially this early on.
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...has-a-problem/

AUC's are never very old anyway, and also I can see M225's so I know that a car of that age being sold as AUC should not be in this condition. As for swirl marks, there is nothing you can really do about that. That is just something that happens. Get the detailed out if you like, but generally you have to pickup on that kinda thing prior to paying if you want the dealer to pay.
Wow , you were able to tell the wheels from those pictures, you sir know your alloys. Yeah the car is september 2009. Thanks for the advice, I now feel confident in asking for a repair.

As for swirls, I was leaning to a detailing, the trouble is the chips and scratches were not there when I got the car, only after I washed it. To me it looks like they used a quick polish with fillers in them. I was going to get a wrap done anyway so I can live with the swirls. The alloys however, no way.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy View Post
Also you could drive into a BMW garage, have your car on fire and then explode, and they would stand there and tell you it is "normal". They are pathological liars! They will play the stalling tactics game and try not to do anything about it. Don't let them win.
It's scary but looks to be true.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
djgandy
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
I had chips on mine prior to pick up. I told them to fill them in which they did. It was a simple touch up job though, nothing fancy. I took loads of photos prior to buying mine so I could inspect them later and went armed with a list of things I wanted to know or done prior to pick up.

Unfortunately once you drive away those people who were kneeling before you do not care any more.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 04:26 AM   #6
Statler
Major Pain in the Arse
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320D M Sport

That looks like a very poor wheel repair. Press them for a full refurb on the wheel at the least. Our local Belfast BMW dealer would never let that go out and as said, they'd never accept it in either without allowing for the repair cost.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 04:47 AM   #7
djgandy
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statler View Post
That looks like a very poor wheel repair. Press them for a full refurb on the wheel at the least. Our local Belfast BMW dealer would never let that go out and as said, they'd never accept it in either without allowing for the repair cost.
Look at the wheel nuts too. I don't think they even did any repairs. The whole point of AUC is that they bring a car up to scratch. They might not be the best refurbs in the world (like dips) but they shouldn't be that bad!

If it is not worth bringing up to quality then they usually just throw it in the pool. The car is barely 3 years old though. The cost of BMW doing this work is far less than the cost you'd pay. Make sure if you are getting this done any other things you find get done too. Leave the car with them till it's fixed. Don't accept a crappy courtesy car either
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 05:13 AM   #8
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Definitely unacceptable, the wheels need a complete strip and repaint. I suggest that you have another go at the dealer, but do it calmly and without table thumping, that gets you nowhere.
If they still prevaricate, email BMW UK and copy the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 05:57 AM   #9
gurpswoo1
Private
Rep

Thanks for the advice guys, I have e-mailed over the pictures to the dealer. Let see what they do.

Many Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #10
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

That looks like a very bad quickie wheel repair.

BMW just use the same wicked-wheels type man-in-a-van franchise repairers that everyone else does.

Take it back and moan...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #11
Boz335i
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Same sort of thing happened to me. Bought mine AUC from Sytner Leicester.
They refurbed the wheels before I picked it up, but swirls appeared after the second wash. It was a very poor refurb job.

I didn't bother reporting it, but did take it back after a couple of weeks to get the brakes replaced FOC. Take it back ASAP while they still remember you and become a nuisance until they sort it out.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #12
Teutonicdriver
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Business Edition

One of the staff probably has the original wheels on his own motor and you've got his cast-offs. No way they should be that bad after three years.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #13
webwysard
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Totally unacceptable.
If they don't address the issue name and shame the f**kers
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #14
gurpswoo1
Private
Rep

Don't worry I will

They are picking the car up and giving me a car for a 3-4 days. didn't know they can fix the wheels in that time.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #15
Teutonicdriver
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurpswoo1 View Post
Don't worry I will

They are picking the car up and giving me a car for a 3-4 days. didn't know they can fix the wheels in that time.
They will be getting them back off the apprentices Corsa!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #16
gurpswoo1
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonicdriver View Post
They will be getting them back off the apprentices Corsa!
, I'm not sure about anyone else but I'm not having much love for the dealers. I specifically went out of the Sytner franchise to get better service and products. But to be honest they are all just a bad no matter where you go.

Lets see if this ones fixes the problems.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #17
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

They are absolute lying bastards who don't give a shit about you after you sign the dotted line. Elms BMW in Bedford a classic example.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #18
Teutonicdriver
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

The motor trade....honesty? Integrity? Customer Loyalty? Get real, its all about moving metal and making as much dosh as possible. BMW Dealer= Honest John in a smart suit.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #19
djgandy
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurpswoo1 View Post
, I'm not sure about anyone else but I'm not having much love for the dealers. I specifically went out of the Sytner franchise to get better service and products. But to be honest they are all just a bad no matter where you go.

Lets see if this ones fixes the problems.
They are pieces of shit, but once you realise this which you have, its not so bad. They will give in, eventually, you just have to know which buttons to press
Appreciate 0