F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F36 2018 idrive headunit and screen stolen!
Studio RSR

03-26-2024, 05:24 PM   #1
jub3box
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 440

F36 2018 idrive headunit and screen stolen!

Hi,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help.

Someone broke into my beemer and stole the headunit, screen and control knob. As if this wasnt bad enough, they also cut all the wires and took the connectors with the unit too.

So now im in a spot where i have a car with cut wires everywhere and no connectors to be able to identify which wire goes where.

Ive managed to source a second hand NBT EVO head unit, screen and controller with the connectors for that specific unit. The salvage yard were kind enough to offer to cut the connecters from the donor car so that i can splice them to my car.
The problem is when i cross check the connectors to the remains of the wiring in my car, i seem to have more cables from the wiring off the donor car than mine.
On my car, i can only identify the following:
Video cable
Quadlock cables (all taped up as one) including the MOST cable within that
I have one thick black cable and one that is slimmer to that which from research i believe are to do with USB (in 2nd attached pic)
The cables that i cant seem to identify on my car are the 3 FAKRA connectors (black, white and orange connectors) that have come off the donor car but when trying to locate them on my car, i dont seem to have them?

Can anyone help with this?

Also, will i need to code my car to the unit or is it plug and play?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0