E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > N55 HPFP Help

09-28-2023, 12:30 PM   #1
Sinister4202
Rep
Drives: 2024 G82 M4 Competition xDrive

N55 HPFP Help

Hey I have a 2011 335ix n55 e90, I’m at around 152000km. I’ve gotten the codes for the HPFP. To be specific codes (2C01, 2BEE, 2BF8). These all seem hpfp related. I’m thinking of replacing the hpfp, it is stock but in the future I do plan on modifying the car. I’m debating between buying the 1st gen oem hpfp, the newer gen hpfp, or the aftermarket hpfp that is capable of higher hp. The aftermarket hpfp is meant for the f chassis but since it’s the same engine would it fit in my E chassis? Does anyone have any suggestions with similar experiences. Or even know which one to pick up?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 12:41 PM   #2
TheGoodTheBadTheUgly
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i xDrive

Hey,

I believe my HPFP is on the way out as well. For over 1 year it has had long cranks when starting the car (not the cranking cycle being longer but requiring more cranking cycles before starting).

I also have the shadow codes 2BDE and 2BF0. The rail while doing a pull or under WOT is well above 2500 psi though so it's confusinf me wether the pump is failing or if it'a another issue, perhaps pointinf more towards the pressure regulator.

Anyways, if I was to replace it I was thinking of getting the HPFP on FCP euro that way I would have lifetime warranty. I don't know if it's the new or old gen, but the part number is 13517616170. From what I understand and see on realoem, that part has not been superseded by another on my car.
      03-23-2024, 05:35 AM   #3
Xramses
Rep
Drives: BMW x6 E71 N55

Hey e90ies I am an e71 with n55 motor ,
My HPFP is also showing up fails 2C01 (hpfp) and combined with throttle and fuel gas mixture power loss (28A0 & 2BEA). First before winter Nov2023 irregularly and since one week continuous failure. Reduced motor power. 191t km.
for my x6 I bought a replacement HPFP from ebay, replaced also the high pressure sensor. still having the failure. Wondering if the ebay (labelled as new) is a incorrectly refurbished one.
I checked the electronic control for the HPFP-regulator solenoid. putting a 12volt build into the electric plug and then: opening door -> soft power/light. starting motor -> more power/light.
So further I will check if the vacuum pump is working right and able to rotate/drive the HPFP, by rotating the crankshaft.
I will definitely try also with the original HPFP which is now out to refill and to replace the rubber seals (3 o-rings and 1 main HPFP-axis) like this good video (the solenoid of the original HPFP is still working):
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2024, 08:51 AM   #4
wheela
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 35i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xramses View Post
Hey e90ies I am an e71 with n55 motor ,
My HPFP is also showing up fails 2C01 (hpfp) and combined with throttle and fuel gas mixture power loss (28A0 & 2BEA). First before winter Nov2023 irregularly and since one week continuous failure. Reduced motor power. 191t km.
for my x6 I bought a replacement HPFP from ebay, replaced also the high pressure sensor. still having the failure. Wondering if the ebay (labelled as new) is a incorrectly refurbished one.
I checked the electronic control for the HPFP-regulator solenoid. putting a 12volt build into the electric plug and then: opening door -> soft power/light. starting motor -> more power/light.
So further I will check if the vacuum pump is working right and able to rotate/drive the HPFP, by rotating the crankshaft.
I will definitely try also with the original HPFP which is now out to refill and to replace the rubber seals (3 o-rings and 1 main HPFP-axis) like this good video (the solenoid of the original HPFP is still working):
Looks like your n55 came with the previous n54 style hpfp. I can't say the hpfp is your problem for sure, but I can say I've seen posts from n54 people who didn't buy oem replacements that had hpfp failures right out of the box, and had to get another new hpfp. Again, not sure that's your problem, but wanted you to know that it's not unheard of when not getting an oem replacement pump.

I haven't heard of anybody having issues with the vacuum pump not turning the hofp pump before, so I suspect that's not the problem. But I guess there is a first time for everything.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 12:29 AM   #5
Xramses
Rep
Drives: BMW x6 E71 N55

Thanks! this ebay failure right out the box was it! With one OEM HPFP from leebmann24 here in Germany no failure and I'm back on track with full power. No default reset procedure necessary as viewed in one video (15min idle run with unplugged fuel vent valve cable).
I tried a 130€ from Frankfurt-Oder and a 360€ near Frankfurt-Main from ebay. Both as rebuilt but crap. They had no QR code as the OEM. Apparently ebay HPFPs are mechanically rebuilt but apparently not hydraulically rebuilt and electronically reset as per BMW standards.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 12:41 PM   #6
wheela
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 35i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xramses View Post
Thanks! this ebay failure right out the box was it! With one OEM HPFP from leebmann24 here in Germany no failure and I'm back on track with full power. No default reset procedure necessary as viewed in one video (15min idle run with unplugged fuel vent valve cable).
I tried a 130€ from Frankfurt-Oder and a 360€ near Frankfurt-Main from ebay. Both as rebuilt but crap. They had no QR code as the OEM. Apparently ebay HPFPs are mechanically rebuilt but apparently not hydraulically rebuilt and electronically reset as per BMW standards.
Glad you got it sorted out!
Appreciate 0