F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Water getting into the engine bay during wash
ARMA SPEED

04-08-2024, 01:17 PM   #1
NxTH
AH3 Owner
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i ActiveHybrid 3

Garage List
Water getting into the engine bay during wash

I'm unsure whether this is common or not, but after a pressure wash of the vehicle, I was going to put my battery on a ctek charge under the hood when I noticed the + terminal was soaking wet, with water running all around it. Droplets were all around the bay as well.

I then removed the plastic engine cover, and the foam underneath was soaked. Anyone had similar experiences? I'm assuming water gets through the bottom of the windshield, but isn't it supposed to be driven away from the engine? Or is this something that's "well known" ? I removed the foam for now, and I'm now unsure whether to even put it back. I also didn't just blast the bottom of the windshield dead-on.
Appreciate 0