F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Track Days in the Northeast
Studio RSR

01-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Track Days in the Northeast

Hey guys, looking for advise/experience from anyone that attends track days in the northeast. I see that you either have to attend through "Driver Education" as BMWCCA offers or through clubs like "Chin Motorsports." I have done a ton of European track days and it seems that our track days are not as liberal as those overseas (passing only on straights, instructors as passengers..).

My question is this; Whats the best way to enjoy 5-10 tracks days per season in the most "free" atmosphere.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, 550i, X3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
Hey guys, looking for advise/experience from anyone that attends track days in the northeast. I see that you either have to attend through "Driver Education" as BMWCCA offers or through clubs like "Chin Motorsports." I have done a ton of European track days and it seems that our track days are not as liberal as those overseas (passing only on straights, instructors as passengers..).

My question is this; Whats the best way to enjoy 5-10 tracks days per season in the most "free" atmosphere.

Thanks
The most "free" ones are Trackdaze and TT4C. TD does mostly events in the Virginia area but they do make their way up to NJMP once or twice a year. TT4C is all NJMP. I've run with TD before, it was ok just because of all the track time I got but I actually prefer running with the more structured clubs because they tend to attract more experienced drivers (who do less stupid things).

The other more "strict" clubs are CCA, PCA and NASA. PCA isn't as anal as CCA in the northeast and they tend to have better rates too. Keep in mind though if you run with the more experienced level groups the passing zones are pretty generous. The pass only on straights is usually associated with beginner groups.

Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll add you to my distribution. I have a spreadsheet of 2013 DE events with multiple clubs. Best of luck, quite a few of us meet at events! Oh yea check this thread too:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=691681
      01-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
The most "free" ones are Trackdaze and TT4C. TD does mostly events in the Virginia area but they do make their way up to NJMP once or twice a year. TT4C is all NJMP. I've run with TD before, it was ok just because of all the track time I got but I actually prefer running with the more structured clubs because they tend to attract more experienced drivers (who do less stupid things).

The other more "strict" clubs are CCA, PCA and NASA. PCA isn't as anal as CCA in the northeast and they tend to have better rates too. Keep in mind though if you run with the more experienced level groups the passing zones are pretty generous. The pass only on straights is usually associated with beginner groups.

Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll add you to my distribution. I have a spreadsheet of 2013 DE events with multiple clubs. Best of luck, quite a few of us meet at events! Oh yea check this thread too:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=691681
PM sent, You're the man
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
PM sent, You're the man
Hit you back!

Btw, you can sign up for most events on www.motorsportreg.com

Enter your zip code, check driver school and look for upcoming events. You may need to "add clubs" to your profile in order to register. If you're not a member of that particular club, you may still be able to register but may have to pay a non-member surcharge of $20 or something.

Clubs such as NASA, TD and TT4C have event registration directly on their site. For what it's worth TD doesn't have a membership fee.
      01-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hit you back!

Btw, you can sign up for most events on www.motorsportreg.com

Enter your zip code, check driver school and look for upcoming events. You may need to "add clubs" to your profile in order to register. If you're not a member of that particular club, you may still be able to register but may have to pay a non-member surcharge of $20 or something.

Clubs such as NASA, TD and TT4C have event registration directly on their site. For what it's worth TD doesn't have a membership fee.
Have you seen this?
http://www.nysafetytrack.com/
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Have you seen this?
http://www.nysafetytrack.com/
How come there's no info for cars, I see pics of cars in the gallery but no info...
      01-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #7
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What am I missing here, this seems like it's only for motorcycles.
Check out the video, its all cars. Looks great, still in construction to be completed this May
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #8
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
How come there's no info for cars, I see pics of cars in the gallery but no info...
not sure, new to me as well..

p.s. did you get my invite for the 16th?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Check out the video, its all cars. Looks great, still in construction to be completed this May
Looks like it has potential, good length. If they put in curbing and proper run-off, looks like it can be decent.

Quote:
not sure, new to me as well..

p.s. did you get my invite for the 16th?
I did but unfortunately will be down at NJMP with some of the guys here for a track event. Plus I don't have a M =P