F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > F30 NBT Navigation greyed out
Studio RSR

09-28-2021, 10:20 PM   #45
dd999
Rep
Drives: BMW f31

Hello steve@codemybimmer

Can you help me ? If you can could you send me a mail with instruction on how to be able to activate the map again that would be fantastic. Thank you so much !!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 04:04 AM   #46
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd999 View Post
Hello steve@codemybimmer

Can you help me ? If you can could you send me a mail with instruction on how to be able to activate the map again that would be fantastic. Thank you so much !!
PM'd
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 11:32 AM   #47
BabyJesus
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 320i EfficientDynamics

Hi steve@codemybimmer
I also have the navigation greyed out. I would really appreciate if you could pm me and help me activate the map. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 03:08 AM   #48
bramwall
Rep
Drives: F30 320i xDrive

Hi steve@codemybimmer if i get hold of original maps for europe on original bmw usb stick, do i still need the FSC code?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 08:55 AM   #49
elthox
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 330xd stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramwall View Post
Hi steve@codemybimmer if i get hold of original maps for europe on original bmw usb stick, do i still need the FSC code?
What is your map type?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 10:10 PM   #50
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJesus View Post
Hi steve@codemybimmer
I also have the navigation greyed out. I would really appreciate if you could pm me and help me activate the map. Thanks in advance!
PM'd.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 10:11 PM   #51
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramwall View Post
If the nav is greyed out because you swapped out the head unit then this will not work.

The donor vehicle's FSC codes will need to be wiped and replaced with the ones that were issued to your VIN at the time of manufacture.

We can help with that if needed.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 05:10 AM   #52
sergio3623
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F22

Tengo el problema, mi nbt necesita el codigo fsc y carezco de él. Me aparece el error DEACTIVATE en el modulo nbt. Como puedo solucionarlo??
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2022, 08:43 AM   #53
OscarLiu
Registered
China
Rep
Drives: X5 (E70)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve@codemybimmer View Post
You need to get the repair FSC kit for your VIN ordered from BMW and swap the codes over so that Navigation, Voice Control and all other applications can work again. These are anti-theft codes that prevent head units from being installed to other vehicles.

I sent you PM.
Hi Steve. I meet the same issue that the map and navigation icons are greyed out. I think the CIC was replaced before I got it, so maybe the VIN-related FSC did not match the current CIC. Could you tell me what I should do (which software or apps?)?
Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 03:42 PM   #54
GrimTon
Rep
Drives: F31

Ok....So if swap a 6.5" NBTEVO screen for a 8.8" NBTEVO touch screen will I run into this issue or is it just a straight swap? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 09:37 PM   #55
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimTon View Post
Ok....So if swap a 6.5" NBTEVO screen for a 8.8" NBTEVO touch screen will I run into this issue or is it just a straight swap? Thanks
No, the nav being greyed out is due to the head unit being replaced and not the screen.

If you replace the screen however, the head unit will still need to be coded in order for it to work.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 04:12 AM   #56
GrimTon
Rep
Drives: F31

Quote:
No, the nav being greyed out is due to the head unit being replaced and not the screen.

If you replace the screen however, the head unit will still need to be coded in order for it to work.
Ah brilliant, was getting confused. So much informs to consider with Themis screen/CarPlay stuff. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 05:16 AM   #57
Tanari
Rep
Drives: 2020 Euro M2 Competition

Dear All,

I got a problem with my HU and maybe someone can help me out?

I've used Feature Installer in the Past for Carplay activation. Now BMW has swapped my HU since it had an HW issue and did reboot very often. Before I brought my F87 to BMW I have restored the factory FSC with Feature Installer.

BMW messed something up because the HU is new now but they can't get the Navigation to work. They have installed the FSC repair Pack but can't install the Navigation FSC. Some expert from Munich should get it done, but most probably my DME would be reprogrammed also and i refused that because it would remove my tuning. So i thought i just use Feature Installer again and get Navigation working again.

But Feature Installer says the Code has been used with a different Vehicle before and stops. I guess its because a different SN# of the swapped HU?

I contacted the one I bought the activation from (bimmerdoc), but he does not answer. Can anyone here help me out?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 10:38 AM   #58
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarLiu View Post
Hi Steve. I meet the same issue that the map and navigation icons are greyed out. I think the CIC was replaced before I got it, so maybe the VIN-related FSC did not match the current CIC. Could you tell me what I should do (which software or apps?)?
Thanks a lot!
If this is for the E70, you'll need ICOM and FS tool for that.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 10:40 AM   #59
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanari View Post
Dear All,

I got a problem with my HU and maybe someone can help me out?

I've used Feature Installer in the Past for Carplay activation. Now BMW has swapped my HU since it had an HW issue and did reboot very often. Before I brought my F87 to BMW I have restored the factory FSC with Feature Installer.

BMW messed something up because the HU is new now but they can't get the Navigation to work. They have installed the FSC repair Pack but can't install the Navigation FSC. Some expert from Munich should get it done, but most probably my DME would be reprogrammed also and i refused that because it would remove my tuning. So i thought i just use Feature Installer again and get Navigation working again.

But Feature Installer says the Code has been used with a different Vehicle before and stops. I guess its because a different SN# of the swapped HU?

I contacted the one I bought the activation from (bimmerdoc), but he does not answer. Can anyone here help me out?

Thanks!
I would let BMW handle it since you gave the car back to them in its original state. They should be able to reissue those FSCs so that they get a new date/time stamp so that they can be accepted.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2022, 09:12 AM   #60
ab33
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e60, bmw f11

Hi steve@codemybimmer

I've got the same problem as other guys, the navi is greyed out, probably the head unit was replaced before me, can you pm me with solution and how to sort it out everything, many thanks for that
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2022, 10:51 AM   #61
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab33 View Post
Hi steve@codemybimmer

I've got the same problem as other guys, the navi is greyed out, probably the head unit was replaced before me, can you pm me with solution and how to sort it out everything, many thanks for that
PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2023, 06:52 AM   #62
theyizzle
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e (2016) M Sport Shadow

Quote:
PM sent.
Hi Steve, clearly a legend in the game!
I had to get a control unit replaced for a headlamp, and since I've got the car back my Nav has been greyed out.
Are you able to assist?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 12:54 AM   #63
weld
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320

Quote:
Do you happen to have the last 7 digits of the VIN from the donor unit? Let me know via PM and we can see what can be done.
can u please PM me? my last 7 d vin is NP51599, since I just new here, my PM funciton is not available, can you email me weld.bob@mail.com plz?

Last edited by weld; 04-25-2023 at 12:55 AM.. Reason: miss
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 09:48 PM   #64
andrewb1
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i Coupe

Hello steve@codemybimmer

I’m having the same issue as everyone else, although mine is a CIC from 2010. I was wondering if you’d be able to help restore my Nav. I bought this car a few months back from a BMW dealer but the car came like this and a unknowing salesman told me all I needed was a new nav disc. Little did I know that this iDrive doesn’t have nav disks anymore. Last 7 of vin are: P124214. I kindly ask that you email me at oscarhiller67@outlook.com as I don’t have PM privileges yet on here.

Many thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 07:44 PM   #65
Q__Q
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 428i 2014

Hey steve@codemybimmer I'm having the same issue with my NAV - can you please help me?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 07:38 AM   #66
Marcad
Rep
Drives: BMW F11

Same issue, any chance for helping?
Appreciate 0