BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #67
-Z-
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black Pyrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
The issue is seat height and not head clearance.
mine is quite low, the way it should be, are you sure yours is lowered all the way down? when I drop off for service I find seat height changed by the tech and it's quite high, just need to lower it again.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #68
Klepper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
Now, if you use NAV mainly for traffic, I believe there is a better alternative.... Waze app, accurate ATA up to a minute, better than any NAV by a mile and just pure awesome...
I am not a big fan of using the smartphone for Nav/Traffic. That would require me to set up some sort of holder for my iphone (vent mount or something), and having to put that in each time I get in the car. I love just jumping in the car and going. I also think the smartphone holders always look a little cheap inside the car. I like the integrated look of the Nav screen.

My experience has been great with the accuracy of the traffic in the idrive of my car. It works great for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #69
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klepper1 View Post
I am not a big fan of using the smartphone for Nav/Traffic. That would require me to set up some sort of holder for my iphone (vent mount or something), and having to put that in each time I get in the car. I love just jumping in the car and going. I also think the smartphone holders always look a little cheap inside the car. I like the integrated look of the Nav screen.

My experience has been great with the accuracy of the traffic in the idrive of my car. It works great for me.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #70
UberDawg
Rep
Drives: Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Feel free to ask - just wondering why you keep insisting ?

Are you in the market for buying a 1M and want to convince some potential 1M seller to lower his/her price, or looking for some sort of reassurance of what you perceive as a reality-check ? This ain't no game show quiz and there are no prizes to win.
I entered this thread because I'm in the market and I almost bought a no Nav 1M from a co-worker but backed off because I thought I wanted Nav. Now I am reconsidering but the car already sold. I know exactly what the car sold for and I know how long the car was on the market. There were lots of lookers at 55 but noone was interested. it eventually sold for around 48 to KennyPowers. I posted because most owners who haven't tried to sell their cars (in the US) have what I believe to be a skewed sense of reality as to what the car is really worth.

With my research and access to someone that has actually gone through the process. I believe a stripped 1m is really worth 47-49 depending on miles and a fully loaded 1M may be worth 52-54 based on miles. That is still awesome for owners who have a 1.5 year old car to be able to get MSRP for a used car. But thinking the used market is going to support a 60+ price isnt based in reality. Especially when you are basing the value on what people are asking (but not getting)
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #71
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M - GIAC:S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1M Tex
No nav ordered.
Have not missed it.
IPhone and Google maps with Bluetooth thru speakers eliminates the need for nav.
Using playlists simplifies the orange screen.
Less weight is better.
Right decision and would do it again.
Could not have said it better! I bought this car to drive hard and be driving focused, not luxury focused personally. I would have bought a standard 5 or 7 series with all bells and whistles if this were the case. I still wonder how many 1M owners have not taken off traction control and experienced the true car with out the bitch switch. I also wonder how many tuned their cars before relaizing how even stock power has a problem being out down. It can be feathered easily but our cars do spin excessively on the stock tune... Just food for thought those of you thinking of tuning. The car is a completely different animal once traction is off. Overboost certainly is a sweet thing! IMO
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877009
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #72
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw13 View Post
Could not have said it better! I bought this car to drive hard and be driving focused, not luxury focused personally. I would have bought a standard 5 or 7 series with all bells and whistles if this were the case. I still wonder how many 1M owners have not taken off traction control and experienced the true car with out the bitch switch. I also wonder how many tuned their cars before relaizing how even stock power has a problem being out down. It can be feathered easily but our cars do spin excessively on the stock tune... Just food for thought those of you thinking of tuning. The car is a completely different animal once traction is off. Overboost certainly is a sweet thing! IMO
Overboost sucks in my opinion. Would rather have the power delivered linearly all the time instead of 5 second jolts which can disrupt the vehicle during mid corner exits.

Have you driven a 1M with a tune? If you haven't I wouldn't make judgement calls. It's not just about the power, but how it's delivered. The 1M isn't suited for drag racing.

I wonder how many purist/Navless 1Ms are regularly tracked with DSC off?

The beauty of the 1M and M3 is that they can be utilized as a dual purpose vehicle (DD and Track). You can't really do that with a 5 or 7 series as they are too heavy. I've already tried.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #73
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
[QUOTE=1M Tex;13583113]IPhone and Google maps with Bluetooth thru speakers eliminates the need for nav.
[QUOTE]

So are you able to listen to music while receiving turn by turn direction like I can with my nav?

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #74
LOVEM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1m VO

No --- NAVIGATION.
Yes ---Usb/ipod/bluetooTH THE only option i added.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #75
LukeM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

Wow, this is a great thread. I've been following the prices of the 1M for 9 months now and I've seen prices from the mid to low 40's all the way up to the mid to high 60's. The ones in the 60's are not really moving and some of them on autotrader as we all know are ex-PDC cars. Also those cars really didn't go out to the public for auction, so it can be said the dealers were able to keep the price artificially high.
Book values can be decieving (check out the value of an E30 M3 and then tell me if you can buy one for that price...... Not a chance!!!)
As each day goes by we're getting closer to the M2 and I'm sure some people from here will be dumping their cars and we'll see more of the 1M's come up and prices drop.
Friend of mine that works at BMWNA and a couple of dealers have hinted that the M2 will sell in the $55k region, thus I'm in no hurry to pay a premium for a used car just because the original owner paid a premium at the dealer and now he wants to pass that premium onto me. Some of these owners are so passionate about their cars that they're pricing is more emotional than rational. Look at the ones on eBay right now, both in the $60's and no bites, no bids. Nav or no nav? Doesn't look like it really makes any difference.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #76
mikewills
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ducati Hypermotard

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
I purchased all but the idrive package, but received idrive for free due to a Sept production special. I don't have the alarm, comfort access or parking sensors, though.
BMWCCA #454364
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #77
mattm
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Could not have said it better! I bought this car to drive hard and be driving focused, not luxury focused personally. I still wonder how many 1M owners have not taken off traction control and experienced the true car with out the bitch switch. I also wonder how many tuned their cars before relaizing how even stock power has a problem being out down. It can be feathered easily but our cars do spin excessively on the stock tune... Just food for thought those of you thinking of tuning. The car is a completely different animal once traction is off. Overboost certainly is a sweet thing! IMO
My only options were sat radio, bluetooth, and heated seats (hey I live in Connecticut, it gets cold here). I have a Garmin that rocks so no need for nav (it was under $400).

I shut off the DSC and engage the M button at all autocrosses. I did shut off the DSC while drifting in the parking lot at work that had not been plowed yet. It is fun to switch off all the controls and really have a good time with the car.

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes. I will surely learn a great deal today.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #78
jvmax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1m valencia orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberDawg View Post
I entered this thread because I'm in the market and I almost bought a no Nav 1M from a co-worker but backed off because I thought I wanted Nav. Now I am reconsidering but the car already sold. I know exactly what the car sold for and I know how long the car was on the market. There were lots of lookers at 55 but noone was interested. it eventually sold for around 48 to KennyPowers. I posted because most owners who haven't tried to sell their cars (in the US) have what I believe to be a skewed sense of reality as to what the car is really worth.

With my research and access to someone that has actually gone through the process. I believe a stripped 1m is really worth 47-49 depending on miles and a fully loaded 1M may be worth 52-54 based on miles. That is still awesome for owners who have a 1.5 year old car to be able to get MSRP for a used car. But thinking the used market is going to support a 60+ price isnt based in reality. Especially when you are basing the value on what people are asking (but not getting)
unless you pay in cash, no bank will finance this car in the $60's. I was told that nobody will pay the $60's because they can get a used M3, M5, M6 which are more car for the same money.
1991 & 1995 Porsche 911
2012 Audi R8
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #79
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

[QUOTE=bdaddylo][QUOTE=1M Tex;13583113]IPhone and Google maps with Bluetooth thru speakers eliminates the need for nav.
Quote:

So are you able to listen to music while receiving turn by turn direction like I can with my nav?

Yes. The USB input allows one to use a smartphone for nav with audio over the speakers. The nav from an app like google maps will cut in over iTunes music or pandora and of course phone calls do as well. The only difference is the phone must be connected with the cord, as streaming of audio via Bluetooth is only able to be done with the idrive upgrade. .
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 01:18 AM   #80
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Quote:
I still wonder how many 1M owners have not taken off traction control and experienced the true car with out the bitch switch. The car is a completely different animal once traction is off.
Check.

If the 1M would not have a proper lsd to begin with and the DSC couldn't be turned off completely, I wouldn't have bought the car.100%.

My mate Advevo made me see what the little b4st*rd is capable of.

Best thing is to keep the wintersetup wheels/tyres to get the most fun out of it but almost no traction when temperatures are rising....so Advevo put on my PS2 summer setup last wednesday...but breaking news : Snow is heading for NL this weekend again. (Talking about march) May need to switch back to the square 225 18 wintersetup...

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #81
671rover
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '94 D90, '95 D90 SW, '11 VO 1M

Bought mine with the intention to keep it so I only have iphone USB Bluetooth and HK. Didn't want to add anything else that will very likely break, wanted to keep it simple.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #82
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmax View Post
unless you pay in cash, no bank will finance this car in the $60's. I was told that nobody will pay the $60's because they can get a used M3, M5, M6 which are more car for the same money.
No doubt! TONS AND TONS MORE CAR!!!

The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #83
Klepper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeM3 View Post
....Friend of mine that works at BMWNA and a couple of dealers have hinted that the M2 will sell in the $55k region, thus I'm in no hurry to pay a premium for a used car just because the original owner paid a premium at the dealer and now he wants to pass that premium onto me. Some of these owners are so passionate about their cars that they're pricing is more emotional than rational. Look at the ones on eBay right now, both in the $60's and no bites, no bids. Nav or no nav? Doesn't look like it really makes any difference.
I bought my car used, but I did not pay a premium because the original owner paid a premium. I paid what I thought the car was worth based on what else I could buy for the same money (new or used). I could not find anything else that even came close, in my opinion. And I didn't have to look at an e9x M3, cause that's what I sold so I could get this car
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #84
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klepper1 View Post
And I didn't have to look at an e9x M3, cause that's what I sold so I could get this car

I also had an E90 M3 6MT, but also a 535i and 335i inbetween.

E9x M3 vs 1M , are we stupid or what?

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #85
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
I also had an E90 M3 6MT, but also a 535i and 335i inbetween.

E9x M3 vs 1M , are we stupid or what?

Cheers
Robin
As a diplomat who usually enjoys special prices for new BMWs, I was offered identical price for a new E92 M3 vs. new 1M, also a third option for me was the Z4 35is but that was a distant probability since I didn't feel the car was accomplished enough chassis wise and it was also the one costing significantly more than the two M cars when you load it (and you want to load it).

I did go ahead with the obvious choice, the 1M. Hurrah for stupid
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #86
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by b33g33 View Post
No doubt! TONS AND TONS MORE CAR!!!

I think I can see the inspiration of the lines of former 6 series right there
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #87
James T. Kirk
Captain of the Enterprise
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

I originally was looking for a stripped down 1M without Navi.

I found a 1M fully-loaded.

Bought it.

Now I can't live without Navi.

Darn you, tech gods!

2011 1 Series M Coupe VO M3 vs 1M Comparo Review
2011 M3 E90 DCT ZCP (sold) * 2010 335i Sedan (sold)
2005 M3 Convertible (sold) * 2003 325i Sedan (sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #88
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M - GIAC:S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
Overboost sucks in my opinion. Would rather have the power delivered linearly all the time instead of 5 second jolts which can disrupt the vehicle during mid corner exits.

Have you driven a 1M with a tune? If you haven't I wouldn't make judgement calls. It's not just about the power, but how it's delivered. The 1M isn't suited for drag racing.

I wonder how many purist/Navless 1Ms are regularly tracked with DSC off?

The beauty of the 1M and M3 is that they can be utilized as a dual purpose vehicle (DD and Track). You can't really do that with a 5 or 7 series as they are too heavy. I've already tried.
I actually have driven an Active tuned 1M and been in a ride in an even better GIAC tuned 1M with all of the supporting mods. And as I wrote when discussed that car, I loved it! I would replicate the GIAC car exactly with all of the proper supporting mods! If this wasn't my DD I would probably have it set up more aggressively, I have occasional issues as it is from driving hard stock. I am not a fan of drag racing dedicated BMW's, I have said it once and will say it again I am all about balance and the corners
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877009
Appreciate 0