BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

12-06-2023, 09:51 PM   #1
Abdul
Captain
Rep
Drives: E39 M5/E92 M3/E60 M5/F80 M3

EAE Update-Carbon Fiber Plenum

As a full-time college professor and a fellow enthusiast, I appreciate honesty and transparency from both vendors and students. While perfection may be difficult to achieve, embracing truth and clarity is always advantageous in any situation. Now, allow me to embark on a relevant tangent. Please read on. Thank you!
Last year, I collaborated with EAE to develop a few unique and innovative automotive parts. My particular excitement centered around the distinctive Carbon Fiber Plenum Project, notable for its unique design
with the Lexan Glass and commitment to being manufactured in the USA. Convinced of its potential, I financed the entire venture. However, without delving into specifics, EAE's decision to contract a Denver-based aerospace company (https://www.aerospace-industries.com/) for manufacturing proved unfortunate. Despite the company's stellar reputation in composites, they inexplicably fell short of delivering a quality product. Once it was clear to me that I would never get back the money I invested in the project, I exercised the clause in our agreement to use my initial investment to purchase the business and assume full control.

Not Living Looking in The Rearview Mirror:

I am overseeing the operations now and implementing measures to ensure that such issues do not arise in the future. I am leveraging all the resources and connections that I developed over the years running Euro Power Motorsports. I’m also extremely grateful that we have a team of amazing engineers who are all enthusiasts like myself. Our overheads will always remain extremely low since this is not our primary source of income, rather it is our source of fulfillment. As a result, our product pricing will consistently undercut industry standards while surpassing customer expectations in quality. We will be launching many new products in the following months so subscribe to the newsletter on our website or follow us on social media to stay in the loop. https://www.instagram.com/eae.motors...Q5ZDc2ODk2ZA==

Carbon Fiber Plenum:

Ever since taking over the operations of EAE, I have signed a contract with Partee Racing in Danville VA. Peter (Owner of Partee Racing) does not need an introduction. His enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, organizational skills, communication, transparency, and humility are second to none. Once he told me he was expanding his operations to carbon fiber manufacturing to make it a vertically integrated operation, I didn’t think twice and signed the contract for Plenum Manufacturing. I will continue to update the forums as we move toward production. Here is an introduction that Peter wrote himself on the M5board. https://www.m5board.com/threads/new-.../#post-7703111

Finally, if you purchased a product and had to cancel your order due to delays, I will either give you the product free of charge or give you a steep discount just to cover the cost of the material. Whatever the case is, I guarantee you that I will do everything in my control to regain your confidence. Please PM and I will take care of you immediately. Thank you for your time.

Abdul

https://eaemotorsports.com/
Appreciate 6
CamasM3e933164.00
GORDON.M31422.50
sparayno1182.50
CTMike262.00
RickP164.50
      12-07-2023, 05:16 AM   #2
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

abdul, my brother, nobody else is making the effort you are making for the platform. delays happen, alot of members need to remember this especially with the constant complaints about the delays with products. I am very pleased with the direction you are driving this platform and your brand in.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 06:27 AM   #3
ygoz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

If we are talking about transparency -

1.What happened to the old thread of the Plenums GB?
2.How are you planning to make sure the plexiglass sticks to the carbon and withstands repetitive flexing under load, how will this be tested?
3.what about the shady/BS claims of performance gains for the plenum? care to shed some light on that? Its extremely unlikely that there will be any claimable performance benefits from an s65 carbon plenum, especially with shorter stacks that have already been dynoed , documented and tested by Haimus. (By BS I mean posting dyno charts of the stock plenum that run short of the redline)
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 06:58 AM   #4
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Hi Abdul, this look really interesting. Do you have plans for distribution to Europe (incl Sweden)? Usually a bit of a gambling to order stuff from the US with regards to shipment times and even more final cost (never can tell how taxes are added over here...).
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 11:07 PM   #5
Bmw 911
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
As a full-time college professor and a fellow enthusiast, I appreciate honesty and transparency from both vendors and students. While perfection may be difficult to achieve, embracing truth and clarity is always advantageous in any situation. Now, allow me to embark on a relevant tangent. Please read on. Thank you!
Last year, I collaborated with EAE to develop a few unique and innovative automotive parts. My particular excitement centered around the distinctive Carbon Fiber Plenum Project, notable for its unique design
with the Lexan Glass and commitment to being manufactured in the USA. Convinced of its potential, I financed the entire venture. However, without delving into specifics, EAE's decision to contract a Denver-based aerospace company (https://www.aerospace-industries.com/) for manufacturing proved unfortunate. Despite the company's stellar reputation in composites, they inexplicably fell short of delivering a quality product. Once it was clear to me that I would never get back the money I invested in the project, I exercised the clause in our agreement to use my initial investment to purchase the business and assume full control.

Not Living Looking in The Rearview Mirror:

I am overseeing the operations now and implementing measures to ensure that such issues do not arise in the future. I am leveraging all the resources and connections that I developed over the years running Euro Power Motorsports. I’m also extremely grateful that we have a team of amazing engineers who are all enthusiasts like myself. Our overheads will always remain extremely low since this is not our primary source of income, rather it is our source of fulfillment. As a result, our product pricing will consistently undercut industry standards while surpassing customer expectations in quality. We will be launching many new products in the following months so subscribe to the newsletter on our website or follow us on social media to stay in the loop. https://www.instagram.com/eae.motors...Q5ZDc2ODk2ZA==

Carbon Fiber Plenum:

Ever since taking over the operations of EAE, I have signed a contract with Partee Racing in Danville VA. Peter (Owner of Partee Racing) does not need an introduction. His enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, organizational skills, communication, transparency, and humility are second to none. Once he told me he was expanding his operations to carbon fiber manufacturing to make it a vertically integrated operation, I didn’t think twice and signed the contract for Plenum Manufacturing. I will continue to update the forums as we move toward production. Here is an introduction that Peter wrote himself on the M5board. https://www.m5board.com/threads/new-.../#post-7703111

Finally, if you purchased a product and had to cancel your order due to delays, I will either give you the product free of charge or give you a steep discount just to cover the cost of the material. Whatever the case is, I guarantee you that I will do everything in my control to regain your confidence. Please PM and I will take care of you immediately. Thank you for your time.

Abdul

https://eaemotorsports.com/
The lack of humility and apologetic tone is a major concern. This post only blames everyone but yourself. People trusted you to deliver and while failure is understandable, months of deliberate ignorance is not.

I have no idea why people would trust you or the new “improved” product.

Fool me once, fool me twice…as the saying goes.
Appreciate 6
ygoz70.50
GotV8?1050.50
jp1984506.00
nah dude237.00
      12-10-2023, 06:50 PM   #6
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Not that this addresses all issues but are you saying everyone who purchased the original EAE design is going to eligible to receive a new design CF plenum replacement? Also, I wouldn’t call putting a clear lexan window in the plenum as some kind of a ground breaking design. Personally I don’t think it looks proper in an e9x M3, looks cheap and something you’d find in a JDM car. I’ll stick with my several year old trouble free Karbonius CF plenum.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 11:05 PM   #7
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Not that this addresses all issues but are you saying everyone who purchased the original EAE design is going to eligible to receive a new design CF plenum replacement? Also, I wouldn’t call putting a clear lexan window in the plenum as some kind of a ground breaking design.
I thought sparayno1 came up with the lexan design?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 12:30 AM   #8
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
You’re right. I stand corrected, EAE/Abdul came up with the first CF w/lexan plenum that failed almost immediately with use. Lexan popping off, lexan cracking and CF delaminating/cracking/separating. I also recall someone saying something about the anodized trumpets separating/failing. All great ways to allow contaminates into the engine; i.e., bypass the air filter.

I don’t know the answer to this but have any of the other CF plenums have any failures and/or similar problems as the EAE design especially with 50 miles of use?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 01:07 PM   #9
jp1984
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: an E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw 911 View Post
The lack of humility and apologetic tone is a major concern. This post only blames everyone but yourself. People trusted you to deliver and while failure is understandable, months of deliberate ignorance is not.

Thank you for saying this. Completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
He also came up with the dual x pipe (well maybe not as an original idea but hes the first I know that installed it on an E9x). His mods are neat and even though I haven't done either of those two, nor will I, it is neat to see an enthusiast being a real enthusiast and trying things. I also thought it was weird this design copied his. I also, also, found it weird that his was more reliable. But thats the enthusiast group.

Quote:
You’re right. I stand corrected, EAE/Abdul came up with the first CF w/lexan plenum that failed almost immediately with use. Lexan popping off, lexan cracking and CF delaminating/cracking/separating. I also recall someone saying something about the anodized trumpets separating/failing. All great ways to allow contaminates into the engine; i.e., bypass the air filter.

I don’t know the answer to this but have any of the other CF plenums have any failures and/or similar problems as the EAE design especially with 50 miles of use?
I dont know of examples of this on the E9x platform, however Haimus (when the brand was streamline I think) had some baaaad E46 M3 Carbon Intakes. He (they?) redesigned and offered replacements for everyone. Then honestly, they put a lot of work in gaining that trust back. Their E46 and E90 carbon intakes are some of the best on the market. (IMO)
Appreciate 1
nah dude237.00
      12-12-2023, 01:24 PM   #10
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:

Bingo. As a business owner, I wanted nothing to do with part time business owners.

I’m a global manufacturing and procurement expert; I’d be happy to help vet the entire company, it’s manufacturing, and procurement.

Sounds like a basement company; sourcing finished goods from third parties without the needed capital to do this the right way. You do not need to own the factory to be a manufacturer, but you do need to know the answer to any questions of the factory / manufacturer before you ask them. If you don’t, you are a reseller susceptible to sourcing a product not capable of meeting the claims of the marketing.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 05:52 PM   #11
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1984 View Post

I dont know of examples of this on the E9x platform, however Haimus (when the brand was streamline I think) had some baaaad E46 M3 Carbon Intakes. He (they?) redesigned and offered replacements for everyone. Then honestly, they put a lot of work in gaining that trust back. Their E46 and E90 carbon intakes are some of the best on the market. (IMO)
I was in the first GB for the Karbonius CF plenum-elbow-cover kit, which was the first one offered for the e9x. I love the quality of the CF fabric/orientation, the phenomenal sound, and overall fit and finish. Only minor complaint I have is getting the CF elbow to align properly with the airbox and plenum. It adds another ~10 min to the entire install. I’ve had zero issues of any kind with my Karbonius plenum kit which has been in use for 5+ years.

Last edited by M3SQRD; 12-17-2023 at 05:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 07:10 PM   #12
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Quote:
I was in the first GB for the Karbonius CF plenum-elbow-cover kit, which was the first one offered for the e9x. I love the quality of the CF fabric/orientation, the phenomenal sound, and overall fit and finish. Only minor complaint I have is getting the CF elbow to align properly with the airbox and plenum. It adds another ~10 min to the entire install. I’ve had zero issues of any kind with my Karbonius plenum kit which has been in use for 5+ years.
+1 for karbonius. They really stand behind their product and customer service was A+++. I was part of the first GB as well but the first plenum I got didn't fit as it was rubber on the underside of the hood. From telling letting Karbonius know about the issue to having a replacement plenum at my door was 5 days. Keep in mind that they're located in Spain. No excuses, no delays, no BS, they owned their mistake, took care of all the shipping, import charges and return shipping. So for that, I will always support Karbonius and give them positive reviews.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 07:22 PM   #13
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusB View Post
+1 for karbonius. They really stand behind their product and customer service was A+++. I was part of the first GB as well but the first plenum I got didn't fit as it was rubber on the underside of the hood. From telling letting Karbonius know about the issue to having a replacement plenum at my door was 5 days. Keep in mind that they're located in Spain. No excuses, no delays, no BS, they owned their mistake, took care of all the shipping, import charges and return shipping. So for that, I will always support Karbonius and give them positive reviews.
Yeah, there was the initial issue with hood contact due to Karbonius using a car with worn/torn engine mounts that effectively reduced engine height. They came up with a fix, and very quickly, to address this on all of the original plenums that had the taller velocity stacks/mounts. The fix even allows the plenum to work without rubbing when using PowerFlex engine mounts.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 06:27 PM   #14
Abdul
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygoz View Post
If we are talking about transparency -

1.What happened to the old thread of the Plenums GB?
2.How are you planning to make sure the plexiglass sticks to the carbon and withstands repetitive flexing under load, how will this be tested?
3.what about the shady/BS claims of performance gains for the plenum? care to shed some light on that? Its extremely unlikely that there will be any claimable performance benefits from an s65 carbon plenum, especially with shorter stacks that have already been dynoed , documented and tested by Haimus. (By BS I mean posting dyno charts of the stock plenum that run short of the redline)
1. I have no idea. I never started the other thread.
2. the initial design and prototype were already tested for months before it went into production. This isn't rocket science. The concept was proven on the few prototypes we made and we had ZERO issues with them Heck, Waylon, the engineer who designed this plenum still has the prototype on his car till now and has put over 40k miles on it with no issues. When the production runs started, unfortunately, the same company that made the prototype dropped the ball on consistency. In short, we didn't have to redo the design for this concept to work. We just needed a manufacturer who would do the job with high standards. Nonetheless, I'm going to ask Peter and Chris from Partee Racing to join Bimmerpost and be a part of this conversation. Manufacturing has already started for the next batch of plenums.
3) I was there when the dyno runs took place. There was nothing shady about it. Even Haimus advertises an increase in HP with their stacks. Moving forward, I'll make sure we have our customers to dyno runs from Independent shops. We will do one as well shortly.

Quote:

I don't understand what you took "as a lack of humility". I apologized to everyone who received a bad product via email. Even though it was not my company at that time and it would've been convenient to just walk away and do nothing. I also posted a public apology everywhere I could. Please forgive me if I came off that way. That was not my intention.

Quote:
Not that this addresses all issues but are you saying everyone who purchased the original EAE design is going to eligible to receive a new design CF plenum replacement? Also, I wouldn’t call putting a clear lexan window in the plenum as some kind of a ground breaking design. Personally I don’t think it looks proper in an e9x M3, looks cheap and something you’d find in a JDM car. I’ll stick with my several year old trouble free Karbonius CF plenum.
Yes, anyone who purchased the original EAE plenum is eligible for an exchange at no extra cost. The customers whom I have spoken to that have the plenums appreciated the offer and want to just keep the original plenum since they have zero issues with them. For the ones who had issues, we already refunded them and have offered them a steep discount for the new plenum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Bingo. As a business owner, I wanted nothing to do with part time business owners.

I’m a global manufacturing and procurement expert; I’d be happy to help vet the entire company, it’s manufacturing, and procurement.

Sounds like a basement company; sourcing finished goods from third parties without the needed capital to do this the right way. You do not need to own the factory to be a manufacturer, but you do need to know the answer to any questions of the factory / manufacturer before you ask them. If you don’t, you are a reseller susceptible to sourcing a product not capable of meeting the claims of the marketing.

Cheers,
e46e92
My friend, it wasn't me who owned EAE nor had the discussions with the manufacturing company. It was the previous owner. To his credit though, he did do all of the due diligence and asked me my opinion about the aerospace company in Denver. After receiving prototypes that met our standards, we agreed to start production. It's not uncommon for manufacturers not to come through despite doing all your due diligence. It's an unfortunate situation and we have moved on and handed over the entire manufacturing process to a company that lives and breathes BMW, Partee Racing. We have a plenum coming out for the E39 M5 as well. This is not a basement-run company. Peter Partee is a world-renowned name in the BMW community. This S65 plenum is now his baby and product.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2024, 06:29 PM   #15
Abdul
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
abdul, my brother, nobody else is making the effort you are making for the platform. delays happen, alot of members need to remember this especially with the constant complaints about the delays with products. I am very pleased with the direction you are driving this platform and your brand in.
Thanks a lot, my brother!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 06:32 PM   #16
Abdul
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Hi Abdul, this look really interesting. Do you have plans for distribution to Europe (incl Sweden)? Usually a bit of a gambling to order stuff from the US with regards to shipment times and even more final cost (never can tell how taxes are added over here...).
My friend, I'm open to this idea. A few companies have been speaking to me to add our products to their catalog. Schmiedmann is the front-runner at the moment. We also have a company in the UK that I already work with, Rebuild UK, that is willing to stock and distribute. I should be making a decision here shortly. I'm leaning towards maintaining stock with Rebuild UK. Do you have nay suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 04:29 AM   #17
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
My friend, I'm open to this idea. A few companies have been speaking to me to add our products to their catalog. Schmiedmann is the front-runner at the moment. We also have a company in the UK that I already work with, Rebuild UK, that is willing to stock and distribute. I should be making a decision here shortly. I'm leaning towards maintaining stock with Rebuild UK. Do you have nay suggestions?
Cheers mate.

Rebuild UK is great (bought stuff from them) however not part of the EU which creates hesitations due to import rules/taxes etc.

Schmiedmann are solid guys, been supporting the local market nicely since many years. Assuming they are willing to support the rest of EU I'd hook up both them and Rebuild (as the UK is solid market on its own).
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2024, 11:30 AM   #18
Abdul
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Cheers mate.

Rebuild UK is great (bought stuff from them) however not part of the EU which creates hesitations due to import rules/taxes etc.

Schmiedmann are solid guys, been supporting the local market nicely since many years. Assuming they are willing to support the rest of EU I'd hook up both them and Rebuild (as the UK is solid market on its own).
Okay. Thanks a lot. I’ll work on both of them and see where it goes.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 08:30 PM   #19
Abdul
Captain
Rep

Here is a short but informative video with the answers to all the questions. Peter, owner of Partee Racing and Chris explain the process of manufacturing this amazing plenum.

https://youtu.be/Nc6ubQbhZEE?feature=shared
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 10:15 PM   #20
ygoz
Private
Rep

Quote:
3) I was there when the dyno runs took place. There was nothing shady about it. Even Haimus advertises an increase in HP with their stacks. Moving forward, I'll make sure we have our customers to dyno runs from Independent shops. We will do one as well shortly. .
By shady I mean cutting the stock dyno runs before the redline, which effectively fudges the numbers in your favour. (Refer to the EAE IG post with dyno tuns).

and claiming 35HP gains with a BPM tune. Haimus has single digit HP gains and were engineering the plenum with that in mind and actively trying to achieve gains. The EAE claim at the time was “we did all this for bling and oh btw what a surprise we have these amazing gains” - that’s unrealistic and extremely unlikely.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 10:26 PM   #21
Abdul
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygoz View Post
By shady I mean cutting the stock dyno runs before the redline, which effectively fudges the numbers in your favour. (Refer to the EAE IG post with dyno tuns).

and claiming 35HP gains with a BPM tune. Haimus has single digit HP gains and were engineering the plenum with that in mind and actively trying to achieve gains. The EAE claim at the time was “we did all this for bling and oh btw what a surprise we have these amazing gains” - that’s unrealistic and extremely unlikely.
I just looked at the post from IG. It clearly says 12-13 WHP gains with the plenum. That sounds about right.

The BPM tune itself is advertised to gain 15-25 HP. So adding a the tune and Plenum and getting 30-35 HP over a stock car is not far fetched at all.

I can see where the confusion came from. The post should’ve just showed the gains with the plenum and that’s it. Which was consistently between 10-15 HP over stock. I was there for multiple runs.

Nonetheless, as you can see from the YouTube video I just posted, Peter didn’t say anything about gains. The design has changed a bit and so until we don’t do another Dyno run with the current design, we won’t mention anything about HP gains. We haven’t even posted anything about gains in the product description. I’m hundred percent sure there will be but we will know exactly to what extent once we get cars on the Dyno. Until then, we believe that this is the best Carbon Fiber Plenum on the market. The only one that is Made in USA. We’re offering a solid top version and lexan glass version.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2024, 02:49 PM   #22
ygoz
Private
Rep

Quote:
I just looked at the post from IG. It clearly says 12-13 WHP gains with the plenum. That sounds about right.

The BPM tune itself is advertised to gain 15-25 HP. So adding a the tune and Plenum and getting 30-35 HP over a stock car is not far fetched at all.

I can see where the confusion came from. The post should’ve just showed the gains with the plenum and that’s it. Which was consistently between 10-15 HP over stock. I was there for multiple runs.

Nonetheless, as you can see from the YouTube video I just posted, Peter didn’t say anything about gains. The design has changed a bit and so until we don’t do another Dyno run with the current design, we won’t mention anything about HP gains. We haven’t even posted anything about gains in the product description. I’m hundred percent sure there will be but we will know exactly to what extent once we get cars on the Dyno. Until then, we believe that this is the best Carbon Fiber Plenum on the market. The only one that is Made in USA. We’re offering a solid top version and lexan glass version.
I know it clearly says that, but it also clearly ends the stock plenum run Short of the redline.
Appreciate 0