EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

11-18-2023, 04:02 PM   #1
ClearMinded
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 F82 CP

HELP! Is this MPE exhaust in good condition?

Hi everyone!

I would need your help please. I've been searching for a long time for an MPE system for my F82, but I can't decide if this system is in a good condition.

According to the owner, the system ran 1.800 miles since it was installed on his car. He says it's the latest version.

What do you guys think? The price is 4.2k without the exhaust tips.

Thank you very much for your help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2023, 04:32 PM   #2
DeTh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [10.00]
You can get a good V2 for less then 4.2k.

I would explore other options before paying that much for a stock exhaust - coming from an MPE owner
      11-18-2023, 04:48 PM   #3
ClearMinded
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeTh View Post
You can get a good V2 for less then 4.2k.

I would explore other options before paying that much for a stock exhaust - coming from an MPE owner
The thing is that our hands in Europe are tied, because of the stupid rules and regulations regarding the exhaust systems
The MPE is one of the few legal systems in Europe which actually sound good.

That's one of the reasons why I'm considering the MPE and I'm asking for your help.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2023, 06:10 PM   #4
White340
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp / 2022 X5 45e

How much new? 4200 without tips is more than what some dealers online sell it for in the US.
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2023, 06:34 AM   #5
ClearMinded
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by White340 View Post
How much new? 4200 without tips is more than what some dealers online sell it for in the US.
New in Germany with carbon exhaust tips is 5.1 - 5.5k
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 07:02 AM   #6
YXEM5
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

The exhaust looks to be in good shape. But $4200 with out tips isn't much of a deal if you can get brand new for $5100-5500 with tips.

OEM carbon tips are stupid expensive. If I'm not mistaken they cost around $1600.

I'm not sure what your plan is for tips but the brand new with tips is looking like the better deal to me.
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2023, 07:59 AM   #7
ClearMinded
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YXEM5 View Post
The exhaust looks to be in good shape. But $4200 with out tips isn't much of a deal if you can get brand new for $5100-5500 with tips.

OEM carbon tips are stupid expensive. If I'm not mistaken they cost around $1600.

I'm not sure what your plan is for tips but the brand new with tips is looking like the better deal to me.
It's still expensive I agree. But this is the only system what I've found in months which looks good. People in Europe tend to keep the system as long as they can due to it's legality. Sounds very good + legal

The carbon tips are very expensive indeed. 250$ a piece here in Europe...
I thought about buying a completely new system for 5100-5500$, but I'm not sure what version they have online. I asked many dealers but they couldn't tell me if it was the new reinforced version or the old one and I didn't want to risk it. It would be another problem to find someone to repair the exhaust, ship it, leave it there for quite some time, ship it back...

I bought an M4 but I'm not rich
Appreciate 1
YXEM5185.00
      11-19-2023, 10:33 AM   #8
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

The MPE is fantastic, I've had it on three of my F8x cars and it was among the first mods for my CS. I really opens up the hooligan cracks/pops/burbles in Sport + mode for Comp/CS cars on stock tunes. BMW will never make another car like this that can sound so different between the different modes. It really was a short space in time for BMW and I love them for it.

That is definitely a V2 system as it has the updated braces on the muffler. However, you will need to see pictures of the SIDES of the muffler where the tip sections attach, that is where the muffler cracks. He does not provide pictures of the sides where the damage is known to occur so you need to see those pics before even considering buying the system. You will also want to make sure all clamps are included as well. There are two large C clamps which attach the muffler to the midpipe which are very pricey if you have to buy on their own, and of course you will need the smaller clamps for the muffler as well (total of 4 just for the muffler). If it doesn't come with the clamps nor the tips, I'd let this one go as it's just too much money. Good luck though, you'll love the system!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-19-2023, 03:49 PM   #9
ClearMinded
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
The MPE is fantastic, I've had it on three of my F8x cars and it was among the first mods for my CS. I really opens up the hooligan cracks/pops/burbles in Sport + mode for Comp/CS cars on stock tunes. BMW will never make another car like this that can sound so different between the different modes. It really was a short space in time for BMW and I love them for it.

That is definitely a V2 system as it has the updated braces on the muffler. However, you will need to see pictures of the SIDES of the muffler where the tip sections attach, that is where the muffler cracks. He does not provide pictures of the sides where the damage is known to occur so you need to see those pics before even considering buying the system. You will also want to make sure all clamps are included as well. There are two large C clamps which attach the muffler to the midpipe which are very pricey if you have to buy on their own, and of course you will need the smaller clamps for the muffler as well (total of 4 just for the muffler). If it doesn't come with the clamps nor the tips, I'd let this one go as it's just too much money. Good luck though, you'll love the system!
I cannot even imagine how does it feel to have THREE MPE system in your lifetime! It must feel absolutely special I have also a feeling that the F8x generation is special. I knew it when I bought my car.

I asked him about the clamps and he sent me a picture with the clamps. See the attached picture.
He also sent me some more about the side of the rear muffler. I also attached these pics here below.

The system is missing the tips, but it comes with the clamps.

I agreed with him checking the system in person. What do you think about the pictures? Is anything missing or suspicious?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
NickyC17633.00
      11-19-2023, 03:54 PM   #10
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearMinded View Post
I cannot even imagine how does it feel to have THREE MPE system in your lifetime! It must feel absolutely special I have also a feeling that the F8x generation is special. I knew it when I bought my car.

I asked him about the clamps and he sent me a picture with the clamps. See the attached picture.
He also sent me some more about the side of the rear muffler. I also attached these pics here below.

The system is missing the tips, but it comes with the clamps.

I agreed with him checking the system in person. What do you think about the pictures? Is anything missing or suspicious?
Yep, I've been lucky to own four of the amazing F8x cars and see myself owning my current CS for many years ahead!

All the pictures look fine, I see no cracking in the usual areas and the six clamps in the pictures all appear to be the correct ones so good to go. If you can find the tips for a decent price I don't see any reason not to get it, good luck!
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2023, 04:24 PM   #11
ClearMinded
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Yep, I've been lucky to own four of the amazing F8x cars and see myself owning my current CS for many years ahead!

All the pictures look fine, I see no cracking in the usual areas and the six clamps in the pictures all appear to be the correct ones so good to go. If you can find the tips for a decent price I don't see any reason not to get it, good luck!
If I seal this deal, I'll be the happiest man on this planet on that day!
Your help is more than appreciated! Thank you very, very much really

I wish you all the best with your CS! It looks stunning for real. Very nicely and neat done. Everything seems to be in harmony! Well done
Appreciate 1
NickyC17633.00
      11-19-2023, 05:08 PM   #12
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearMinded View Post
If I seal this deal, I'll be the happiest man on this planet on that day!
Your help is more than appreciated! Thank you very, very much really

I wish you all the best with your CS! It looks stunning for real. Very nicely and neat done. Everything seems to be in harmony! Well done
Thank you so much!
Appreciate 1