F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Navigation NBT
proTUNING Freaks

12-27-2013, 05:17 AM   #1
benready
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328 GT

Navigation NBT

Hi,

I have a 2014 3GT with professional navigation.

I used to use my local iphone app navigation (Navigon) before I had this car. What I am missing now is two things; (1) Speed Limits - why is there no indication of current speed limit? Any options to get this displayed? Obviously it "knows" as the efficient driving system will tell you to let off the gas when there is a reduction in speed limit coming up. This is incredibly useful when travelling abroad. And (2) is there really no way to include traffic cameras in the metadata or points of interest? I thought this was very basic stuff to include in a navigation package, and of course very useful.

It seems odd that a $50 iphone app has a better navigation solution than the BMW built-in solution.

Ben
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
traabil
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F31 xDrive

1) Speed Limit Info is a standalone option. This is not based on the GPS maps, rather a camera in the rear view mirror

2) In a word; no
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 01:51 AM   #3
benready
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by traabil View Post
1) Speed Limit Info is a standalone option. This is not based on the GPS maps, rather a camera in the rear view mirror
Wow - that is fascinating. Can't even be mad about that. Can it be installed retroactively (I have the adaptive lighting and rain sensor if any of those cameras are used).

Quote:
Originally Posted by traabil View Post
2) In a word; no
Any workarounds except running my GPS on the iPhone next to my BMW navigation?
Appreciate 0