BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-14-2014, 06:12 PM   #1
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

First time i am diagnosing my car with DIS V5.7

Hello. I had a starting issue on my e93 m3 08' with 30k miles on it. I made a research there was 2 option most likely caused this problem on other peoples e9x bmw was either battery or starter. So i didnt know how to use DIS During that time and i didnt had chance to see whats the voltage on my previous battery was so i called dealer and gave my vin number and asked them the previous (only 1 owner) replaced my batter ever? They said it seems like he never replaced and i was sure that that was a battery issue and i will fix the problem. Stupid enough i purchased a brandnew oem battery and plugged in and registered with tool program came with Inpa. So i didnt have issue for a while but it start doing it again. During that time i purcased canoe with trolling motor so i also purchased a AGM battery charger with 40amp. And i was curious about my previous battery and i checked how many percent was lef and guess what it was 75 percent full and i checked the side label it says 2012 installed time. So i am like i messed up buying a new battery. So i am selling my old one if someone needs it. Long story short i plugged cable today and run DIS and diagnosed it. I want to share all the pictures from quick test with the broken lcd laptop. I didnt see any starter failure so maybe something wrong with terminal 15. Please help. Thank you

I do not know the DIS too well so is the first section shows my problem and second section describes? Or only the last section shows errors? When i check the problems it only showed 3 problem and show the solutions step by step and also one of the problem was oxygen sensor and DIS asked me to check the sensor and told me to start engine at idle and start diagnosing catalytic converter 1 and 2 and RPM increased 2400 like 5 min and checked the sensors by itself. It did not show anything about Engine fail or terminal fail or AC fail at all. So i got confused what is the first and secod sections about in this pictures
Attached Images

, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 10-14-2014 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #2
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Here is the Errors with solutions

, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 10-14-2014 at 07:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #3
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Strange! I scanned with DIS again and I figured that first and second sections are not the place that shows your car has problem only the last place shows your errors. So When I scanned again I did not find any error. Here is the pictures.

, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 09:29 PM   #4
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

I upgraded from DIS to Rheingold v3.44 and clear all the code and didn't get any issue so far.
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0