E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > USB

09-24-2008, 11:03 PM   #1
Momadness
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 328i coupe

USB

Can anyone tell me how to pull up music from a folder using only my USB drive. I have idrive and use my iphone, but i just wanted to know how do try it with a different method. I plug my thumb drive in and it would not pull up the folders with my music.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2008, 03:37 AM   #2
Winston1961
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 335i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momadness View Post
Can anyone tell me how to pull up music from a folder using only my USB drive. I have idrive and use my iphone, but i just wanted to know how do try it with a different method. I plug my thumb drive in and it would not pull up the folders with my music.
There is someting wrong with your thumb drive.
Try to reformat it, put you're music files on it (remember only mp3, wma and wav is supported, apple music files (AAC) are not supported!).

BMW 335iA Touring, Blue Onyx Metalic, Black Dakota Leather, Active Front Steering, Active cruise control,Comfort opening, Shadow line, iDrive, Individual High End Audiosystem, 6FL
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2008, 07:08 AM   #3
tintivilus
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
2003 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston1961 View Post
apple music files (AAC) are not supported!).
Gah, pet peeve. AAC isn't apple. It's the MPEG-4 standard audio codec.

Quote:
Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) is a standardized, lossy compression and encoding scheme for digital audio. Designed to be the successor of the MP3 format, AAC generally achieves better sound quality than MP3 at many bit rates.
AAC has been standardized by ISO and IEC, as part of the MPEG-2 & MPEG-4 specifications.
The DRM they use for iTunes music store is proprietary, but there's nothing Appley about AAC. In fact, it's a 3GPP standard codec (TS 26.404) so almost all current cell phones support it.

(sorry )
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2008, 08:10 AM   #4
Winston1961
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 335i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintivilus View Post
Gah, pet peeve. AAC isn't apple. It's the MPEG-4 standard audio codec.

The DRM they use for iTunes music store is proprietary, but there's nothing Appley about AAC. In fact, it's a 3GPP standard codec (TS 26.404) so almost all current cell phones support it.

(sorry )
What I am trying to say is that the 6FL option doesn't support AAC files and that is the type the Ipod use. When you want to play music files from an USB stick or external hardrive in your BMW you have to use Mp3,WMA or WAV.

BMW 335iA Touring, Blue Onyx Metalic, Black Dakota Leather, Active Front Steering, Active cruise control,Comfort opening, Shadow line, iDrive, Individual High End Audiosystem, 6FL
Appreciate 0