E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > throttle body rattle

10-16-2023, 02:19 AM   #1
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

throttle body rattle

I removed my throttle body (335i) to install a new charge pipe and my first surprise was discovering how filthy it was:

When I got the car it had the original PCV valve and it wasn't sealing so I replaced it with the RB valve. I'm guessing that allowed some excessive oil vapor into the intake tract.

I cleaned it up, but when moving it around I noticed a rattle from inside the motor under the black plastic cover. If I press the butterfly flap I also hear a metallic rattle. Is that normal?

I also have a weird issue with off-idle throttle response where it's jerky for a brief moment. There's also a light rattle sound when I first press the accelerator. Can this be a faulty throttle body? Car drives fine otherwise.

I had one removed and in my hand at the junk yard but decided not to buy it, but that was before I saw how dirty mine was.
Appreciate 0