E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Intermittent error 4933 EGR - BMW 320D

12-22-2023, 07:23 PM   #1
SnoweyRawr
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320D 2009 Business

Intermittent error 4933 EGR - BMW 320D

Hello,

About a month ago I purchased a BMW 320D 2009 Business Model and it was driving fine for two weeks then the CEL came up. Scanned the code and the code came back as 4933 - EGR Air Flow Plausibility. I've been looking around various forums and websites to find an answer to the 4933 issue but it appears to be a phantom problem which might not be directly related to the EGR with various members throwing huge sums of money to fix it. Here is what happens:

I start my car in the morning, drive say about a mile, the CEL comes on and warns me the engine power has been reduced. I will drive another mile or 2 to join the motorway and after about 5 minutes on the motorway, the CEL will go away and the BMW iDrive no longer shows the fault and the engine returns to normal operation.

Would that information be able to point where the fault lies? Sometimes the light will stay on longer then other times it will vanish before joining the motorway. I could buy a new EGR valve and fit it, could try a new cooler but any suggestions on where to start would be welcome.
Appreciate 0