F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Vland GTS Taillights, no startup animation
GetBMWParts

04-15-2024, 09:54 AM   #1
andyb313
Private
Rep
Drives: F32 440i RWD

Vland GTS Taillights, no startup animation

i have just installed vland taillights on an LCI f32, i connected the outer lights to the inner lights by running the cable through.

Everything works as far as the lights are concerned but there is no startup animation when starting the car, the indicators flash but the dragon scales stay off, the headlight switch is set to auto.

Can anyone advise if i may have done something wrong with the install?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 10:28 AM   #2
andyb313
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb313 View Post
i have just installed vland taillights on an LCI f32, i connected the outer lights to the inner lights by running the cable through.

Everything works as far as the lights are concerned but there is no startup animation when starting the car, the indicators flash but the dragon scales stay off, the headlight switch is set to auto.

Can anyone advise if i may have done something wrong with the install?
For anyone else who runs across this, after messing about with the wiring for ages i ealised its because i had welcome lights disabled in idrive. Turned welcome lights on and it works.
Appreciate 1
Oksamit78280.50
      04-22-2024, 02:09 AM   #3
SharpDrives
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M-Sport

Weird… you have an LCI and you still ran the wire? Why? I didn’t on my LCI and it worked flawlessly
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 04:40 AM   #4
andyb313
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpDrives View Post
Weird… you have an LCI and you still ran the wire? Why? I didn’t on my LCI and it worked flawlessly
The instructions made no mention of it and every video i watched showed it being connected. Wouldnt have connected it if i knew i didnt need to was an easy job to do anyway but if its not needed i'll disconnect it if i ever have the boot plastics off again
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 06:49 AM   #5
SharpDrives
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M-Sport

Quote:
The instructions made no mention of it and every video i watched showed it being connected. Wouldnt have connected it if i knew i didnt need to was an easy job to do anyway but if its not needed i'll disconnect it if i ever have the boot plastics off again
The kies one mentioned it so i took a shot haha
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 02:06 PM   #6
MagnusAG99
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330e

Quote:
Yea thats only for the pre-LCI since they dont have indicators on the inner taillights like the LCI, which means they have no indicator wire there either, while all LCI`s got it in the OEM wiring.
Appreciate 0