F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Liqui Moly Ceratec
GetBMWParts

03-29-2024, 04:55 PM   #1
PJ Gross
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 335x GT

Liqui Moly Ceratec

I wanted to post this as I noted a few people in very old posts saying they used LiquiMoly Ceratec and saw improvements in gas mileage, smoothness, etc.

I am not a huge boutique additive guy, but I did run royal purple for years in my 1996 Impala SS and thought it was great.

I became a truck guy last January. Bought a 2020 GMC sierra AT4 6.2L. This engine has been known to eat lifters due to the displacement on demand functionality. I keep my cars a long time so while under Powertrain warranty a head and cam package with DOD delete was not on the table…. Mine has minor symptoms: lifter noise after 4000 rpm and load, poor gas mileage, and a bit of oil consumption.

I remembered the Ceratec mentions and figured I would try it out in the GMC before the F34!

Trip meter 1 at 85xx miles was at 15.0 mpg including a Michigan to Virginia round trip.

Got oil changed, added one syrupy, chocolatey can of Ceratec. Loaded up entire family with gear and did a Michigan to smoky Mtn and mtn driving and back. 8xx hard miles and 81mph cruise all the way there and back: 17.1 mpg (and the previous trip jumped to 15.2).

Lifter noise over 4000 rpm is barely there. Throttle needs much less input to cruise.

This stuff is legit. When out of certified warranty I will do at least one oil change with their green stuff.

Thank you for the suggestions. I know it was a while ago but when things work, need to give thanks.

Next up will be another can for the F34. We’ll see if my daughter notices anything since she is the primary driver of it now.

-PJ
Appreciate 1