E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Is this safe to buy (Index 11 N53 Injectors)

04-23-2024, 05:04 AM   #1
BenCampbell
Rep
Drives: e92

Garage List
Is this safe to buy (Index 11 N53 Injectors)

Sadly I need 5 injectors for my N53 and there is no way I am buying them new

I have heared mixed reviews about “remanfactured” injectors so I was curious if anyone has any experience with them and what you would advise?

In my mind you can get a remanfactured injector for the same price as a normal used one with a new seal and a 2 year warranty?

Surely that would be better and I know either way there is risk involved and new would be better
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 11:57 AM   #2
Brandoch
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M3 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenCampbell View Post
Sadly I need 5 injectors for my N53 and there is no way I am buying them new

I have heared mixed reviews about “remanfactured” injectors so I was curious if anyone has any experience with them and what you would advise?

In my mind you can get a remanfactured injector for the same price as a normal used one with a new seal and a 2 year warranty?

Surely that would be better and I know either way there is risk involved and new would be better
piezoelectric injectors can't be remanfactured. There will be no guarantees that they will work correctly.
Appreciate 1
whyzee1251690.50
      04-23-2024, 12:01 PM   #3
BenCampbell
Rep

Garage List
How do you know if it’s that type of injector vs a vdo/siemens and can those type of injectors be remanfactured?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 12:03 PM   #4
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

^ Like he said, there are no actual remanufactured injectors for these. At best they're used/cleaned, and very likely just used. They buy a ton of them in bulk, guarantee them, and if one's bad, they'll just send you another. I wouldn't risk my engine on something like that.

Tischer has a bit better price than FCP for injectors. I just had to replace one in my N54 and I think it was about $380.
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2024, 12:04 PM   #5
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
How do you know if it’s that type of injector vs a vdo/siemens and can those type of injectors be remanfactured?
All N54/N63, etc. injectors are piezoelectric--it's the design, not the brand. None of them can be remanufactured.
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2024, 12:06 PM   #6
BenCampbell
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
^ Like he said, there are no actual remanufactured injectors for these. At best they're used/cleaned, and very likely just used. They buy a ton of them in bulk, guarantee them, and if one's bad, they'll just send you another. I wouldn't risk my engine on something like that.

Tischer has a bit better price than FCP for injectors. I just had to replace one in my N54 and I think it was about $380.
That’s makes sense and thank you! The only reason I thought about getting them is that I wanted to replace a bank of 3 and just don’t have the cash to get them new so I thought they might of been a better option than just buying used with no guarantee for the same cost, if that makes sense?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 12:28 PM   #7
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
That’s makes sense and thank you! The only reason I thought about getting them is that I wanted to replace a bank of 3 and just don’t have the cash to get them new so I thought they might of been a better option than just buying used with no guarantee for the same cost, if that makes sense?
Fair enough! Chances are most of them will be working injectors, I'd just hate to see it take out an engine on something that's 'gauranteed'. Monitor it closely, check your plugs a few times after install and hopefully you'll get a set that works great!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 12:31 PM   #8
BenCampbell
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
Fair enough! Chances are most of them will be working injectors, I'd just hate to see it take out an engine on something that's 'gauranteed'. Monitor it closely, check your plugs a few times after install and hopefully you'll get a set that works great!
Hopefully they are good, I’ll definitely gets some new seals for them before hand, one last thing if the plugs go black after putting them in is that a sign that they are leaking or not doing there job? I pulled all my plugs the other day because of the issues I was having and all of them where a bit black but cyclinder 2 was the worst by far
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 12:57 PM   #9
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Hopefully they are good, I’ll definitely gets some new seals for them before hand, one last thing if the plugs go black after putting them in is that a sign that they are leaking or not doing there job? I pulled all my plugs the other day because of the issues I was having and all of them where a bit black but cyclinder 2 was the worst by far
In my experience, leaky injectors will produce wet plugs (almost looks oily) and it'll smell like gasoline

Last edited by whyzee125; 04-23-2024 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 1