F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Frustration!!
proTUNING Freaks

05-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Autobahner
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i sportline

Frustration!!

Argh!!! My Black Sapphire 335i Sport line arrived at the dealership today, ready for me to pick up. Unfortunately, I left today for Macedonia on a 2 week business trip. Looks like I will have something good to look forward to upon arrival back in Germany! Autobahn fun will be had. Pics will be posted. All will be good. However, I will need emotional support to get me through these two weeks knowing my car is just sitting on a showroom floor, waiting for me to nestle into its leathery embrace.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

argh !! ahah ... i hope you will be able to find something else to occupy your mind in Macedonia

... and if possible to nestle yourself in a leathery embrace at the same time...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
Kmm
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i XDrive-on order

good luck. we'll get ya through this!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30
argh !! ahah ... i hope you will be able to find something else to occupy your mind in Macedonia

... and if possible to nestle yourself in a leathery embrace at the same time...
      05-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahner
Argh!!! My Black Sapphire 335i Sport line arrived at the dealership today, ready for me to pick up. Unfortunately, I left today for Macedonia on a 2 week business trip. Looks like I will have something good to look forward to upon arrival back in Germany! Autobahn fun will be had. Pics will be posted. All will be good. However, I will need emotional support to get me through these two weeks knowing my car is just sitting on a showroom floor, waiting for me to nestle into its leathery embrace.
Too bad your sweet ride will serve as a hot demo for the next two weeks.

That sound you heard was an 18 year old curbing your wheels as he stops to smoke a nice cigarette and eat a greasy pizza inside your new ride.

Whilst you work hard at your business meetings, of course.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahner View Post
There really is only one option here.

You are going to have to fly home for the middle weekend to play with your sultry mistress...
      05-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #7
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Hey, you're visiting my birth land.

Last time I was there was in 1976 when I was 11.
Reports from relatives is that the place has changed quite bit.
Beautiful country, but in need of economic growth.
When Yugoslavia broke up, Macedonia wasn't in a good financial condition, and have yet to recover and move up.

I hope you are successful in your business trip and can bring some positive economy to that country.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #8
Autobahner
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Hey, you're visiting my birth land.

Last time I was there was in 1976 when I was 11.
Reports from relatives is that the place has changed quite bit.
Beautiful country, but in need of economic growth.
When Yugoslavia broke up, Macedonia wasn't in a good financial condition, and have yet to recover and move up.

I hope you are successful in your business trip and can bring some positive economy to that country.

Good luck.
Wow. I didn't know people were actually from Macedonia!
I was in Bulgaria a few weeks ago and that place is also in rough shape. I will only venture out of Skopje for a bit so I doubt I will get a real taste of the country, and most of my time will be spent helping train their army, so I don't know how much positive economy I will actually be bringing! None the less, I will do my best to boost the cash flow of the beer business
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #9
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Wow. I didn't know people were actually from Macedonia!
I was in Bulgaria a few weeks ago and that place is also in rough shape. I will only venture out of Skopje for a bit so I doubt I will get a real taste of the country, and most of my time will be spent helping train their army, so I don't know how much positive economy I will actually be bringing! None the less, I will do my best to boost the cash flow of the beer business
Beer!
I recall cousins saying that there are some good local beers in Skopje.
Of course wine and brandy seem to be preferred over there, especially the white lightening "ra-ki-ja", pronounced "ra-key-ya". It's sort of like a grappa, as it can be made from distilling left over wine and wine must.
But, it's also made from other fruits as well.
The older local men like it "hot". Basically, they don't age it in wood barrels to smooth it out as better high cost brandies are made. That "hottness" is high alcohol content and it can really bite if you're not prepared. But, that's the style many seem to like, like my father. He LOVES the stuff and the "hotter" the better.

Make sure to try "kebapi", pronounced "Keh-bop-ee". They are a skinless sausage, seasoned with spices and plenty of garlic. The best are grilled on real wood fire, and served with break and onions, or even better, with green onions. They are great with a good cold beer.

I was born in Kumanovo, which is a bit north and east of Skopje. I do have relatives in Skopje. I remember Skopje to be pretty cook when I visited as a kid. I wonder what it's like now? I hear its' not too bad though.

I had planned to do a Euro delivery this time, and pick up my car in Germany and attempt to drive down to Macedonia, stay a while and then back north to a port. Some said not to.
However, one of my nephews visited last summer and told me it's perfectly fine to do so. His dad is a business owner with great income. He had recently, at that time, purchased an S class MB and had done to Germany to pick it up and all was well.

Yeah, I was born there and my family immigrated to the states in 1970.
I hope you have a good time, and I hope the place leaves you with a positive impression. Although, I'm surprised about a Macedonian "army"?
It's a really small country and surrounded by other larger countries. If times got bad that army would be busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

Have fun!
Appreciate 0