F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > saw a BMW X5 towed to the dealer with front wheels on dollies on the ground
Extreme Powerhouse

01-26-2024, 04:22 PM   #1
SpaceSilver.X1
world's slowest BMW driver
Rep
Drives: U11, G60, W211, AZ20

saw a BMW X5 towed to the dealer with front wheels on dollies on the ground

I stopped by a BMW dealer to ask the service advisor some questions.

A tow truck with a BMW X5(looked very new to me) came in and parked in front of the service entrance. The front wheels were strapped to dollies on the ground. A lady got out of the tow truck and told the service advisor that the X5 refused to start when she was leaving the mall. I knew that mall and it was at least 20 miles away. The tow truck driver lowered it and left.

I thought BMWs, especially those with xDrive, could NOT be towed like that? I believe there's also a sticker near the door showing that it can only be transported on a flatbed truck? Or is it permissible to tow with the front wheels on dollies?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 05:22 PM   #2
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

A little confused...was it on a traditional tow truck with 1 set of wheels in the air and the other set on the dollies, so none of the wheels were turning? If so, no issue, same as being on a flatbed.

Also I imagine an sDrive could be towed more traditionally than an xDrive.
Appreciate 0